What's new

Aselpod on Jf17 spotted

Aselpod has better range, modes and sensors and detection than WMD-7

Thanks for clarifying that.

Has the WMD-7 been mounted on any other platform? It is still work in progress I guess.

Ask Aselsan to change video formats and key integration data, and they will be unable to. Which country of the world can integrate their avionics in an F16 without asking LMCO? How did the Turks integrated A-Pod in F16 without interaction with LMCO? Use some critical thinking. Many years ago while passing through Aselsan i saw this hot mockup while they said they are "developing" and it was an I level Hot Mockup / SIL supplied by ELOP / ELTA. There is only so much I can say here. This is an Israeli Lightning II, licenced produced in Turkey, like many of the other kit they are selling.

Ask Aselsan to change video formats and key integration data, and they will be unable to. Which country of the world can integrate their avionics in an F16 without asking LMCO? How did the Turks integrated A-Pod in F16 without interaction with LMCO? Use some critical thinking. Many years ago while passing through Aselsan i saw this hot mockup while they said they are "developing" and it was an I level Hot Mockup / SIL supplied by ELOP / ELTA. There is only so much I can say here. This is an Israeli Lightning II, licenced produced in Turkey, like many of the other kit they are selling.
So,we are paying Manufacturer through Middleman.

Aselpod has better range, modes and sensors and detection than WMD-7

WMD-9 ? No. It is YINGS-III which equivalent to ASELPOD

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/avic-showcases-yings-iii-airborne-targeting-pod.461734/

Laser designator is superior on ASELPOD.
8fdd79a1-defc-402d-9b5a-25353a2a2bbc.png

Which language is this song so beautiful [emoji7]
Shina spoken in northern areas

There isnt any datalink capability in aselpod and there wont be any for foreseeable future. As per Aselpod, Existing PAF PODS cant be upgraded to when Aselsan decide to have datalink capability in aselpod.

The issue is Aselsan has no plans for forseeable future to add datalink capability as the demand is not there yet. As per Aselpod team, Aselsan will pursue datalink capability own its own in couple years but if there would be a demand, they may hasten the development of datalink in pod
I am surprised PAF didnt ask for it

Shina spoken in northern areas

I am surprised PAF didnt ask for it

PAF already has in form of Sniper XR.Delaying Pod for JF-17 was not feasible anymore. Pros outweighed cons

Our entire F-16 fleet had parts coming in from Israel: the issue is the bearded goats, not the PAF.

There is nothing wrong with ASELPOD decision, while KM made a killer on the deal, its a good start for JF17 PGM delivery cap.

The thunder should have been carrying LGB's to show full set. Any way the pod is not just alaser designator it also has the capability to zoom into targets for verification and take snaps and bearing of the target, which makes it a recce pod to some extent. It's a western technology with a Muslim tag. For which we should be proud of it.

So why doesn't it has real time data link...? Can someone explain that part?

So why doesn't it has real time data link...? Can someone explain that part?

Its not a recce pod, and its a targeting pod. Please look up Lightning II. What you are calling data link is what we call downlink, where video is streamed to a ground station. JFT has a datalink though, and all targeting information can be networked from it.

Back
Top Bottom