What's new

ASEAN Affairs Forum

If u don't wanna join, then fine, just stay alone and don't call us for help when trouble with US happen. U can't hope for any help from China,too coz China don't help Iran to please US now .

Alliances makes countries that joined it redefine many of their definition about sovereignty, economy restrictions, etc. ASEAN is still filled by countries with various problem. If one, country, for example, Laos, is in crisis, then the country with the biggest amount of economy should bail them out, etc. We don't want to pour money to another country just to bail them out like Germany bailing out Greece.

So who's gonna be helping who?

And you need a place to produce warhead to fit with your missile, do u have any plan to produce warhead for ur ballistic missile now ??

Indonesia have the biggest basic materials for explosives plant in S.E.A located in East Borneo Province. PT Kaltim Nitrate Indonesia (Nitrate is basic material for explosives) has production capacity up to 300.000 metric ton per year.

1344569962161498829.jpg

And we already making bombs for our military aircraft, making one warhead for a rocket is not a problem.

Conventional Bomb - P 100

p100saribahari3no2.jpg

2010-02-18-hnd.jpg

DSC_0042.JPG

Aircraft based Cruise Bomb - Litbang PTTA

news_773.jpg

US use transport plane to drop this bomb, so we can use modified Boeing 747 to drop it too.

Military Transport and Civilian Transport plane is different in any level. Why does the U.S even bother to make C 130 series or B 52 if they can simply rig a Boeing to be a bomber?

Ahhh..vietnam dude is clever! :)

yowislah kt pkai ejaan yg ngaco aja.

U means I can't translate it properly by google translate ?? Oki, at least I will try to understand the key words :D

yes, Indonesian language uses many variation of spelling, the formal one can be translated using G-Translate, and the informal ones, the ones we often use to simplify the writings, can not be translated using any kind of translator.

Alliances makes countries that joined it redefine many of their definition about sovereignty, economy restrictions, etc. ASEAN is still filled by countries with various problem. If one, country, for example, Laos, is in crisis, then the country with the biggest amount of economy should bail them out, etc. We don't want to pour money to another country just to bail them out like Germany bailing out Greece.
Then don't bail it out, no one force you to do it.
And we already making bombs for our military aircraft, making one warhead for a rocket is not a problem.
Not a problem ?? S.K must ask for US's permission before increase its missile range up to 800km, so you think you don't need to ask and will get No sanction ?? VN is different coz we don't care abt US's sanction, we have Russia's protection.

Try to do it now if u can, and u will see trouble coming soon.
Military Transport and Civilian Transport plane is different in any level. Why does the U.S even bother to make C 130 series or B 52 if they can simply rig a Boeing to be a bomber?
Or we can buy Russia Military Transport plane, not a big problem, Russia even wanna sell aircraft carrier to us.

Then don't bail it out, no one force you to do it.

No one but the agreement itself that will eventually push Indonesia to take obligation to save one member's failing country's situation like civil war, economy, etc. If ASEAN countries are like EU, then I will gladly urge my government to make the ASEAN become a pact and alliance, since Indonesia itself is still having many internal problems we simply don't want to sacrifice our own country's need in order to save another member.

Not a problem ?? S.K must ask for US's permission before increase its missile range up to 800km, so you think you don't need to ask and will get No sanction ?? VN is different coz we don't care abt US's sanction, we have Russia's protection.

Nah, we never asked permission from U.S to develop our rocket system before, why bother asking for another one?

Try to do it now if u can, and u will see trouble coming soon. Try to do it now if u can, and u will see trouble coming soon.

The thing is, we already tested many rockets, and are already set to test the biggest one with the range of 900 km. There were no protest from the U.S. Leave alone the that coming soon trouble.

Or we can buy Russia Military Transport plane, not a big problem, Russia even wanna sell aircraft carrier to us.

Good to hear that, but until that time you got a proper military aircraft able to carry and drop such bomb, still, that CBU 55 is not a threat to anyone.

Bhsa Indon sya tk brapa...blh phm ja

Haha tak masalah, santai aja bro. Are you a Pakistani who had been settling in Bahasa speaking countries like Malaysia?

Haha tak masalah, santai aja bro. Are you a Pakistani who had been settling in Bahasa speaking countries like Malaysia?

Mcm tu lh...kisah sy susah cikit...1 thing for sure bukn bro...I perempuan lh!

Mcm tu lh...kisah sy susah cikit...1 thing for sure bukn bro...I perempuan lh!

wahah maafkn sy, sy kira kmu bro, anyway, nice pinky pony horse you got there sist.
Tak bnyak forumer perempuan di sini, jd sy salah mengira.

@nufix BTW, tk nk orng lain tau so me going to edit my post! :D

wahah maafkn sy, sy kira kmu bro, anyway, nice pinky pony horse you got there sist.
Tak bnyak forumer perempuan di sini, jd sy salah mengira.

tk apalh...tapi bkn funny kn lau laki ada pix of pink horse? :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, we never asked permission from U.S to develop our rocket system before, why bother asking for another one?

The thing is, we already tested many rockets, and are already set to test the biggest one with the range of 900 km. There were no protest from the U.S. Leave alone the that coming soon trouble
Bcz it is only used to launch satellite.

Action speak louder than words,so when can ur country possess ballistic warhead like VN ?Any plan for it yet?
Good to hear that, but until that time you got a proper military aircraft able to carry and drop such bomb, still, that CBU 55 is not a threat to anyone

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...human-developments-news-19.html#ixzz2Kc1VPQvP
We have nuke capable Shaddock missile with warhead of 1.000kg,speed of 2.5 match,range of 550 km that even a bigger threat than CBU 55

@nufix BTW, tk nk orng lain tau so me going to edit my post! :D

tk apalh...tapi bkn funny kn lau laki ada pix of pink horse? :P

haha sometimes laki pun suka yg girly girly, look reashot's prof pix, dia punya funny cat di profile pix nya.

What happen to this thread???

It's turn into "dick measuring contest" :angry:

because sometimes, the only way to make people wake up from the dream, is to give them reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bcz it is only used to launch satellite.

Action speak louder than words,so when can ur country possess ballistic warhead like VN ?Any plan for it yet?
We have nuke capable Shaddock missile with warhead of 1.000kg,speed of 2.5 match,range of 550 km that even a bigger threat than CBU 55

Have you read the news I quoted for you? The news says 900 km to strengthen our artillery, means that 900 km rocket will be turned up into missile.

Do you know the term of "ballistic warhead"? it's warhead that brought by a ballistic missile.
Warhead can be made quickly, it simply contains of numerous number of explosives. We already make bombs for our aircraft, why do you bother to ask us if we have been making warhead or not? We have made several number of warheads for smaller rocket like R-Han 122 missiles, there will be no problem making warheads for RX 550 or RX 720. The first thing that should be completed is the platform itself, we have to test that RX 750 first, after it succeed, we may posses the warhead for it.

PB100075.JPG

Anyway, shaddock is a 1959 missile right? even the Russian have changed it with newer rocket, are those missiles still active? You seem so sure with your old arsenal, why don't you posses another new ballistic missile? then you may threat the neighbors or even China.

Asean Community looks to 2015 and beyond

With many Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) citizens celebrating the Lunar New Year last weekend, I would like to take this opportunity to express my wishes to all. I would also like to reflect on new beginnings and look toward the future.

As I am into my first month, many are asking me: How do I see myself in the role of Asean secretary-general, and what do I see for Asean on the five-year horizon.

To the first question of how I see my role as secretary-general, I am guided by the mandate of the Asean Charter and the Asean leaders. As one entrusted by the Charter with the demanding task of seeing through the implementation of Asean agreements and decisions, as well as reporting on Asean's work over the next five years, I should be able to provide a frank and learned analysis to our Asean leaders to assist them in sustaining their vision and aspirations for Asean.

I should also be able to promote Asean and convey its common positions to our dialogue partners and other external parties.

I believe that a large part of my role is to lead and guide the dedicated staff of the Asean Secretariat. As front-liners and the backbone of Asean's operations, we serve the Asean member states and the various Asean organs and ministerial-sectoral bodies in the building of the Asean Community.

The strengthening of the Asean Secretariat has already received the imprimatur of our leaders, and it will be upon us to carry on the measures to make the Secretariat more efficient and effective in the delivery of its services.

To the latter question, for the next five years I believe that Asean will continue to build on the gains of the last 45 years in the three community pillars.

In the area of peace and security, Asean will continue to provide a platform for peaceful dialogue and cooperation among member states and with the rest of the international community. In doing so, I believe Asean has acquired the necessary experience and confidence to consistently overcome any challenge to the grouping's centrality and our regional stability.

Asean will also continue to deliver on the wide-ranging measures needed to transform the group into a strong economic bloc and integrate it into the global economy.

Likewise, Asean will continue to invest in our people and in various areas such as culture, education, health, the environment and food security, among others, to ensure the Asean Community's wellbeing and resilience.

But more than building on our achievements, I also see the next five years as a time of reckoning for us - a time for reflection and greater action.

Asean will reach two critical milestones. By the end of 2015, we should already have achieved our target of creating the Asean Community. In 2017, we will also be celebrating 50 years of Asean's founding.

To build the Asean Community, we need to implement various Asean agreements and decisions by translating regional commitments into national actions. We must strengthen Asean mechanisms and processes, and coordinate various plans and actions - especially in issues that cut across the three pillars. Greater support from the general public, civil society and business groups will be indispensable, thus we need to redouble our efforts in communicating and fostering a greater understanding of Asean.

Increasingly, the world is watching Asean, and consequently the world needs to learn more about our vision and commitments within and outside the region.

Since my first day on the job, I have given my full support to efforts to conduct more rigorous public outreach, and have welcomed the media through the gates of the Secretariat.

We are reviewing our roadmap to the Asean Community 2009-2015 with its three community blueprints. There is also the possibility of the Asean Summit deciding to review the Asean Charter. This review process would enable us to take stock of our progress as a Community. More importantly, this period in Asean's history should not only encourage us to do more soul-searching on the direction and future of our organisation, but also present an opportunity for us to affirm our commitment to Asean's future.

With all this in store for the next five years, I, together with the Asean Secretariat, have pledged to work closely with the Asean member states, as we move towards 2015 and beyond.

Le Luong Minh will serve as secretary-general of Asean until 2017

Asean Community looks to 2015 and beyond - The Nation

CNN analyst sees Manila archbishop a ‘papal contender’

Luis+Antonio+Tagle.jpg

MANILA, Philippines—Habemus papam (We have a pope)?

He has not even been officially installed, but new Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Tagle has already been tagged as a “papal contender” by a respected international Vatican watcher.

Writing in his blog, CNN Senior Vatican analyst John Allen Jr. tagged the 54-year-old prelate as a “new papal contender,” describing Tagle as “a rising star in the Asian Church” and his appointment by Pope Benedict XVI deserved “to be on the global Catholic radar screen.”

“The big news from the Philippines has been the October 13 appointment of Luis Antonio Tagle as the new Archbishop of Manila, putting him in line to become a cardinal the next time Benedict XVI hosts a consistory,” Allen said in his blog at the National Catholic Reporter (NCR) website.

“Youthfulness aside, a striking number of people who know Tagle believe that this is a guy who, one day, could be pope,” Allen said.

“Even if that doesn’t pan out, Tagle is destined to be an important face and voice for the burgeoning Catholic population in Asia and the entire developing world, and that makes him someone worth getting to know,” he added.

Allen notes that Tagle was known for his humility, humor, warmth, simplicity, ability to explain complex theological ideas in layman’s terms, while not being afraid to raise questions about controversial church issues.

“Although a loyal churchman, Tagle is unafraid to raise tough questions (at the 2005 synod, he pointedly said the church must confront the priest shortage, which struck some as a way of hinting at flexibility on celibacy) or to challenge what he considers abuses (some of the toughest language you’ll ever find denouncing clerical arrogance and privilege is in his writings),” Allen said.
During that 2005 synod of bishops in Rome, Tagle raised his concerns about the shortage of priests during Vatican’s own press conference where he was one of the presenters.

“Theologically and politically, Tagle comes off as balanced. He’s taken strong positions against a proposed ‘Reproductive Health’ bill in the Philippines, which includes promotion of birth control. Yet his towering social concern is defense of the poor, and he’s also got a strong environmental streak,” Allen said.

He described Tagle as a “gifted communicator, making him a highly sought-after speaker and media personality.”

“He drew rave reviews for his performance at a 2008 International Eucharistic Congress in Quebec, where observers say he brought an entire stadium to tears,” Allen said.

“Vatican-watchers also rated him among the most impressive contributors to both the 2005 Synod on the Eucharist and the 2008 Synod on the Word of God. He’s also a very 21st century prelate—he hosts a program on YouTube and he’s got his own Facebook page,” he added.

Allen has noted that while Tagle, at 54, is “in church terms…still a kid,” the new shepherd of Manila’s 2.7 million Catholics was already seen as “a rising star in the Asian Church.”

“The story goes that back in the mid-1990s, when then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger introduced Tagle to Pope John Paul II as a new member of the Vatican’s International Theological Commission, Ratzinger jokingly assured the pope that the youthful-seeming Filipino had, in fact, received his first communion,” Allen said.

“(After theological studies abroad, Tagle) quickly came to be seen as a rising star in the Asian church, explaining his appointment in 1997 to the Vatican’s main doctrinal advisory body,” he added.

Fr. Joseph Komonchak, one of the leading Catholic theologians in the US and Tagle’s doctoral teacher at the Catholic University of America, said Tagle could have become the “best theologian” in Asia if he had not been appointed bishop.

“He was one of the best students I had in over 40 years of teaching, but as intelligent and diligent as he was, he was perhaps better known and loved by his professors and by his fellow students for the simplicity and holiness of his life,” Komonchak said in the blog of Commonweal magazine.

“He could have become the best theologian in the Philippines, or even in all of Asia, if he had been given the opportunity, but in his country the demands for the kind of teaching and preaching that he can offer are so many that a man of his talents will never have much time for reading and writing,” he added.

Allen and Komonchak also touched on Tagle’s association with the controversial Bologna-based “History of Vatican II” project, which has been criticized by conservative Catholics — including in the Vatican’s own newspaper L’Osservatore Romano — for providing a “liberal” interpretation of the historic Second Vatican Council.

“Tagle served for 15 years on the editorial board of the Bologna-based ‘History of Vatican II’ project founded by Giuseppe Alberigo, criticized by some conservatives for an overly progressive reading of the council,” Allen said.

Komonchak said Tagle wrote the chapter on “Black Week” or the last week of the third session of the Council in 1964. It came out in volume four of the five-volume “History of Vatican II.”

Tagle’s association with this “liberal” Catholic project makes his appointment more intriguing since the Pope is known for his conservative views on Catholic doctrine.

“It is good to know that such an association is not enough to make oneself entirely persona non grata in the Vatican. I suspect that it was (Tagle’s) work on the International Theological Commission that impressed the present Pope,” Komonchak said.

Allen said Alberto Melloni, an Italian academic and writer who has been directing the Bologna project, called Tagle “a thinker of real value” whose dissertation represented an important chapter in the history of Vatican II, and someone who’s “talented and serious.”

“Back in the Philippines, it would be a gross understatement to say that Tagle, who goes by the nickname Chito,’ is simply well-liked. In truth, most Filipino Catholics I know love the guy — for his warmth and humor, for his simplicity (he routinely eschews clerical dress), for his ability to express complex ideas in attractive and understandable argot, for his balance and openness, and for his lack of ego,” Allen said.

“He actually told a Catholic radio station in the Philippines this week that when he first heard he was going to Manila, he didn’t tell anybody, because ‘I thought maybe the pope would change his mind,’” he added.

Allen noted that one Filipino commentator noted Tagle as having “a theologian’s mind, a musician’s soul and a pastor’s heart.”

“In the Imus diocese, Tagle was famous for not owning a car and taking the bus to work every day, describing it as a way to combat the isolation that sometimes comes with high office,” Allen said.

“He was also known for inviting poor beggars outside the cathedral to come in and eat with him; one woman was quoted this week describing a time she went looking for her blind, out-of-work, alcoholic husband, suspecting she might track him down in a local bar, only to find that he was lunching with the bishop,” he added.

Allen added that another “typical story” happened after Tagle arrived in Imus when a small chapel located “in a run-down neighborhood was waiting for a priest to say Mass for a group mostly made up of day laborers at around 4 a.m.”

“Eventually a youngish cleric showed up on a cheap bicycle, wearing simple clothes and ready to start the Mass. An astonished member of the congregation realized it was the new bishop, and apologized that they hadn’t prepared a better welcome,” Allen said.

“Tagle said it was no problem; he got word late the night before that the priest was sick, and decided to say the Mass himself,” he added.

Being among the top four Catholic countries in the world in terms of population, the Philippines could be considered as a “Catholic superpower” and one of the nations destined to be “pace-setters in the church of the 21st century,” Allen said.

Academics seek to separate Asean history from SE Asia

Not all Asean countries are in the Southeast Asian region, so the history of Asean and Southeast Asea should be separated, an academic said at a recent discussion. The seminar was also urged to write an Asean "people's history".

"We cannot tell the same story when talking about Asean and Southeast Asia in terms of history. Asean was established only about 45 years ago, while Southeast Asia existed well before that. More than a century ago, each Southeast Asian country chose either to be isolated or become a republic. After 1960, each country was in the process of building a nation, moving toward a new administrative system and economy. They became more integrated," Prof Thanet Aphornsuvan, from the Pridi Banomyong International College at Thammasat University, said.

He was speaking at a seminar on "Living Together under Social and Cultural Diversity in Asean" held by the Thailand Research Fund (TRF) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).

The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) was created on August 8, 1967.

"After 1960, Asean countries began to share similar internal changes in each country. Every country has had an authoritarian regime, and we have all experienced similar internal problems and sadness. Thus, we should write about what has happened in Asean and this will become our identity," Thanet said, adding that the history of each country since then has had more internal conflicts related to political changes than external conflicts with other countries in the region.

"We don't have to look into ancient history or conflicts in Southeast Asia when we talk about Asean," he added.

He also called on Asean countries to create a common history based on shared political changes and problems in order to create better connectivity among the people.

"It will be challenging when we see Asean history in this new aspect, instead of telling separate histories of the 10 member countries. This will make it easier to develop an understanding among the countries."

Meanwhile, Chalida Tajaroensuk, director of People's Empowerment Foundation, called for a "people's history".

"There have been many good examples of the Asean people, but they have not been talked about that much. For instance, not many people know that during the dispute over the Preah Vihear temple on the Thai-Cambodian border, people from both countries living near the border worked together to search for facts and find ways to end the dispute," she said.

Chalida added that accounts like this would help Asean people to understand each other and make adjustments.

The UNDP will include data from the seminar in its Human Development Report, while the TRF will make the information public via its newsletter.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nat...eparate-Asean-history-from-SE-A-30199589.html

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom