What's new

As India shines on list of wealthiest nations, Pakistan stands out for all wrong reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is easy for you to say, no one wants to live in those conditions by choice, these are the people displaced from the villages due to land distribution where 8 acre land that could earn a decent living for a household of 6 now came down to 1.5 acre per child...they have no choice but to move because there is no other livelyhood in a village.
There may not be enough money in villages. But they can eat well and live in a small house. India also has a scheme called MNREGA which guarantees every family an income of at least 100Rs(~1.5$) per day. This is enough for food, electricity, government schooling. But a lot of these guys want more, and move to the cities. No large country, including China and the US can provide for all poor folk in their cities.
In the US, a poor guy would live on the streets or in trailers. In India, we have slums. A large migrant population turns into large slums.
The question is, why should these folk be given free money/accommodation by the government.

The OP perfectly describes everything that is wrong with India.

1. Obsessed with Pakistan
2. Interested only in statistics.

I would rather a country with zero billionaires, where everyone has 3 meals a day, has a safe secure home, access to free health care/education and enough money to buy what they need, and ocassionally what they want. If my country was a country were a child doesn't got to sleep unhappy, it's perfect.

I don't mind people being millionaires and billionaires, I mind when these people have all the wealth and the rest don't have enough to go around. India doesn't mind that, Indians aspire for that.

The OP perfectly describes everything that is wrong with India.

1. Obsessed with Pakistan
2. Interested only in statistics.

I would rather a country with zero billionaires, where everyone has 3 meals a day, has a safe secure home, access to free health care/education and enough money to buy what they need, and ocassionally what they want. If my country was a country were a child doesn't got to sleep unhappy, it's perfect.

I don't mind people being millionaires and billionaires, I mind when these people have all the wealth and the rest don't have enough to go around. India doesn't mind that, Indians aspire for that.

If you dont generate billionaires, then
1. who will roll the economy,
2. who will pay the taxes to provide funding for upliftment of poors
3. who will provide jobs, do industrialization.
4. who will get much needed forex inflows

See USA, Europe there billionares turned there economy and not just the govt companies. You need engines to push things. The only way india can improve the quality of life of poors is via growing its economy, there is no other way around it. Probably beyond 2050 thorium cycle can generate funds like how middle east made using oils, but before that its capitalization way ...

If you dont generate billionaires, then
1. who will roll the economy,
2. who will pay the taxes to provide funding for upliftment of poors
3. who will provide jobs, do industrialization.
4. who will get much needed forex inflows

See USA, Europe there billionares turned there economy and not just the govt companies. You need engines to push things. The only way india can improve the quality of life of poors is via growing its economy, there is no other way around it. Probably beyond 2050 thorium cycle can generate funds like how middle east made using oils, but before that its capitalization way ...

Billionaires hide their wealth off shore, they don't pay a lot of tax. Most of the tax is from the working class and from businesses. The SME's pay all their tax, the larger the business, the more they flaunt tax laws.

Massive industries can be setup without huge wealth being horded by them, take for example the Co-op. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Co-operative_Group

You are 100% right the economy must grow, but in reality your economic growth is captured in the bank accounts of the super wealthy - trickle down is a fallacy. The super wealthy don't use taxis or buy samosas from the carts, they eat cavier and are driven around in custom made AMG's.

Billionaires hide their wealth off shore, they don't pay a lot of tax. Most of the tax is from the working class and from businesses. The SME's pay all their tax, the larger the business, the more they flaunt tax laws.

Massive industries can be setup without huge wealth being horded by them, take for example the Co-op. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Co-operative_Group

You are 100% right the economy must grow, but in reality your economic growth is captured in the bank accounts of the super wealthy - trickle down is a fallacy. The super wealthy don't use taxis or buy samosas from the carts, they eat cavier and are driven around in custom made AMG's.

Billionaires are catalysts, if you dont have them, then your growth speed will be limited. The CO-OP's are good, we have world largest CO-OP company AMUL, but we soley cannot depend upon them. Visionary, risk taker and leaders bring bigger changes and thats why these billionares are very much important.

Agree these super wealthy dont use taxis or eat samosas, but they are the reason for employments, which put money into the pockets to use taxis or eat samosas..

if someone from you will not grow big, then someone from outside will come and eat away all your small ones....

You love to harp on it. But you do realize we have a lower poverty by percentage in India than Pakistan and the reduction rate per year is also much higher.

We cant compete with Pakistan in happiness if they are happy with eating grass.
We are meat eating nation and it is you guys who eat plants and grass. Now go back to your field and have some fresh grass. It's a petty that even Ethiopia is batter then India
56069ddadd089506028b46e2-750-448.png

We are meat eating nation and it is you guys who eat plants and grass. Now go back to your field and have some fresh grass. It's a petty that even Ethiopia is batter then India
56069ddadd089506028b46e2-750-448.png
India's main source of protein is Pulses. Duh

We have no problem. At least there is no compulsion.
“We(Pakistan) will eat grass" - Zulfikar Ali Bhutto
Nice try but this is not complete sentence and later part hurt India most:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
upload_2018-5-22_20-54-10.jpeg

Pakistan is now having it, Tell us about Ar-junk and Least chance Airworthy (LCA) nick name Teja baba

If the wealthiests are based on totally GDP , Singapore and Vatican could be among the poorest countries in the world.
True. Per capita wealth should be used for measuring prosperity of people. But total wealth of a state is the apt measure for measuring power/influence of a state. The fact that we have a lot of people united under one flag does give us the benefit that we can out smaller although prosperous countries.

True. Per capita wealth should be used for measuring prosperity of people. But total wealth of a state is the apt measure for measuring power/influence of a state. The fact that we have a lot of people united under one flag does give us the benefit that we can out smaller although prosperous countries.
Per capita China is still a developing country while India one of the poorest in the world. There is nothing to be bragging about.

Why in the world is the Shupa Pawa being compared to a smaller developing nation anyways? Go compare with China!

This is for feel-good credits. Comparing with China is a losing game and they know it...

They're even comparing India with us Bangladeshis.....:laugh:

A nation of a billion plus with 160 million. No shame...

Per capita China is still a developing country while India one of the poorest in the world. There is nothing to brag about.
I was talking about methodologies to gauge prosperity but i forgot CPC doesn't allow you to have logical discussions.

A decade ago china per capita gdp was what is India's now. You probably know our lives because you has lived most of your lives like us. And going by your logic chinese must be sucking americans off as they have 10 times your per capital wealth. Too bad you have to live in poor China. If you were born American you would have been 10 times richer.
I dont think CPC will be happy with your post demeaning China in front of literally every Western economy you like to make fun off. You should expect a fine, or atlest a downfall in your "social rating" by CPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom