What's new

Arundhati Roy Says ‘Kashmir should get Azadi from bhookhe-nange Hindustan’

Because the genius made his comments in Delhi, where the IPC has jurisdiction.

as i have just ascertained a few minutes back.....I wish I had more hands; so i could give him more thumbs up for tenaciously standing by his long-asserted position, even in the occupying entity that is foreign to him and his people

therein lies the irony....they arent begging for your citizenship. you are trying to force it down their throats, and it sure as hell aint working!
Geelani would be more than welcome to denounce his Indian citizenship and become citizen of any other country, if he so chooses.

But we are not getting that lucky, are we?

My advice to you would be to read the Constitution of Azad J&K. That's right, they have their own Constitution (their own flag too). Azad J & K is fairly autonomous, though it does get backing, diplomatic and full moral support from Pakistan (which is the same case with occupied Kashmir as well)
I am pretty sure that you haven't read that document yourself. If you had you would have realised how the Constitution of 'Azad' Kashmir is subservient to Pakistani Constitution.

No one is forcing them to do squat......They dont have to be Indian citizens....but on this side of the fence, its our law that reigns supreme...

clearly not; though that may be wishful thinking

by the way, you can't just tell people not to live there when those are their lands and their identity

We have no problem with Geelani and his ilk choosing foreign citizenship....but then they cant choose to live on Indian lands...

those aren't ''indian lands'' :cheers:

as i have just ascertained a few minutes back.....I wish I had more hands; so i could give him more thumbs up for tenaciously standing by his long-asserted position, even in the occupying entity that is foreign to him and his people
Geelani sahib has a funny way of fighting 'the occupying entity'. While he fights it, he doesn't hesitate to grab with both hands all the perks extended to him by the same 'occupying entity', like all expense paid medical benefit. Strangely enough, rejecting such handouts by his foe doesn't cross his fertile brain.

He is a unique 'rebel'.

Last edited:
Sure you can, at least in South Asia. Jinnah sahib taught us that.

what a PATHETIC attempt to deflect the attention away from the topic; not to mention the fact that there are huge numbers of Pakistanis who were always indigenous to where they are today.

Partition changed the rules; and said partition took place despite all odds against Jinnah Saab --not limited to just the hullabaloo of congress and its britisher backers

Sigh. Miss Roy has a problem with everyone. Keep her in Pakistan for a month and see how much she will tell you to run your country and try to speak for the oppressed people. I have no doubt that she actually means well. Kinda like Mussolini did. I also have no doubt that she is completely insane. Kinda like Mussolini was.

Abu,

For the sake of India and Indian democracy I hope they do not slap sedition charges. Sedition should be a crime but talking of sedition because you are disaffected by the state should not. It should be protected under "free speech".

by the way, you can't just tell people not to live there when those are their lands and their identity

Sure we can....if partition can take place once...it can again...

Dont expect us to forget that our grandparents had to leave their land and property to accomodate Pakistan....Why do the rulees not apply to Kashmiris.? I dont think Kashmiris are that special....

Besides....leaving Indian Kashmir does not indicate a loss of identity in any way.....

I am completely in favor of turning LOC into IB and having a second partition.....

Last edited:
what a PATHETIC attempt to deflect the attention away from the topic; not to mention the fact that there are huge numbers of Pakistanis who were always indigenous to where they are today.
It is only a certain section of Pakistanis that call Kashmir an unfinished agenda of partition. But then when one reminds them of what happened during partition, suddenly it is a 'pathetic attempt to deflect attention'.

Regardless of how many Pakistanis were autochthonous to the land which today constitutes Pakistan, the fact remains, that millions of people were displaced, almost overnight, from their own ancestral lands, as they were forced to make a choice between their past and future. If that could happen then, and you people consider Kashmir to be an unfinished agenda of the same partition, why are you averse to the idea of a section of Kashmiris, like Geelani, migrating to Pakistan. Since you are concerned with their well being, and not interested in the land they hold in India, isn't it a perfect solution.

Remember, a State owns the land, not the people that live on it.
Partition changed the rules; and said partition took place despite all odds against Jinnah Saab --not limited to just the hullabaloo of congress and its britisher backers
So whats stopping from another partition - partition of Kashmir. Let LoC be IB and then give a certain period of time, say a period of 12 months from a cut-off date, to the Kashmiris of both the sides to migrate to the other side.

That way you can have all your beloved Geelanis, because after all, you are not interested in their land. Its the people that matter, isn't it?

he's welcome to come to Pakistan anytime he likes, but that doesnt solve the issue at hand does it?

and Kashmir isn't an issue about hindu or Muslim; it's an issue about justice (lack thereof?)

no need to put words in people's eyes or mouthes -- you know what the issue is already.

and yes couldnt agree more; it is unfinished business

Sigh. Miss Roy has a problem with everyone. Keep her in Pakistan for a month and see how much she will tell you to run your country and try to speak for the oppressed people. I have no doubt that she actually means well. Kinda like Mussolini did. I also have no doubt that she is completely insane. Kinda like Mussolini was.

you have access to her medical records?

he's welcome to come to Pakistan anytime he likes, but that doesnt solve the issue at hand does it?

and Kashmir isn't an issue about hindu or Muslim; it's an issue about justice (lack thereof?)

no need to put words in people's eyes or mouthes -- you know what the issue is already.

and yes couldnt agree more; it is unfinished business

You mean to say Arundhuti Roy is welcome in Pakistan only if she does a major operation for gender change :P

i dont have much information or experience in that sector; maybe you could give some insights :woot:

Sure we can....if partition can take place once...it can again...

Dont expect us to forget that our grandparents had to leave their land and property to accomodate Pakistan....Why do the rulees not apply to Kashmiris.? I dont think Kashmiris are that special....

Besides....leaving Indian Kashmir does not indicate a loss of identity in any way.....

I am completely in favor of turning LOC into IB and having a second partition.....

Reply of the week!:tup::tup:

Back
Top Bottom