What's new

Arunachal CM Dead - Confirmed

Who is Dorjee Khandu?

New Delhi: Dorjee Khandu is the leader of the Indian National Congress and the current (fifth) Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh.

He was sworn-in as the Chief Minister on April 9, 2007. He also served in the intelligence wing of the Indian Army.

He received a gold medal for the meritorious intelligence services rendered during Bangladesh War. :angel:

Mr Khandu had turned a social activist before joining politics in 1980.

He has scripted history by getting elected unopposed from the Mukto constituency thrice.

Who is Dorjee Khandu?

Damn I hope he is alive....he was one of our best especially after reading his bio. We need folks like this who have such backgrounds in politics.

New Delhi: Government has alerted the Department of Space and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for help in locating the whereabouts of the missing helicopter carrying Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu and four others.

Union Home Secretary G K Pillai said that Indian satellites have made two passes over the probable area from where the Pawan Hans helicopter went missing 20 minutes after takeoff from Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh but has not picked up any signals.

He said Pawan Hans helicopter carries a location transponder that can communicate at 406 MHz frequency in the event of any emergency or it could also be manually operated.

Pillai said depending upon the weather on Sunday morning IAF helicopters from Dibrugarh and Jorhat will carry out aerial recee.

He said there was some confusion about reports that the helicopter had been located but actually it still remains untraced till tonight.

Read more at: ISRO roped in to trace Arunachal Chief Minister's chopper

He's still missing........

A country with all the resources at its disposal can't locate a chopper even after they know the last location where the radar painted the chopper. Shame.
I don't know why it is taking so long. Even if the CM is alive but badly injured, time will be a crucial thing if we have to save him.

I am not happy with the way this whole thing is unfolding.

A country with all the resources at its disposal can't locate a chopper even after they know the last location where the radar painted the chopper. Shame.
I don't know why it is taking so long. Even if the CM is alive but badly injured, time will be a crucial thing if we have to save him.

I am not happy with the way this whole thing is unfolding.

Dude we lack the right ppl in positions that could make such differences. YOu and others like us can plan such a better way to handle such problems but we are not in such positions to dictate plans or provide solutions to problems. Its sad that a country of a billion ppl does not have an effective way of putting the right folk in the right positions to actually solve problems before they become problems

oh. ok i think earlier his office said that it was traced and it has landed in Bhutan and he was safe.

in some reports they have reported that they dont exactly know where he is god knows in which condition he may be in may good always be with him and our airfoce and army start helping in locating him

Dude we lack the right ppl in positions that could make such differences. YOu and others like us can plan such a better way to handle such problems but we are not in such positions to dictate plans or provide solutions to problems. Its sad that a country of a billion ppl does not have an effective way of putting the right folk in the right positions to actually solve problems before they become problems

Hold on its hardly some hours since the heli is reported missing. and its also not necessary that the govt should release all information in one go.

there are some official formalities to follow in releasing info in such incidents.

Could;ve easily been Chinese sabotage made to look like an accident. It a win for China.....he was one of the most outspoken ppl about China's threat.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom