What's new

Arunachal CM Dead - Confirmed

Late . Dorji Khandu was an exceptional example in Indian Politics. He was reelected and came to power. Its really a loss for whole nation .May he and other victims will rest in peace.
Also, the area wher his chopper had crashed is exactly the same where our IAF AN-32 crashed two years back and saw a lots of crashes during WW2.

NEW DELHI: External affairs minister SM Krishna on Wednesday condoled the sad demise of Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Dorjee Khandu, who has been killed in a chopper crash in Lobothong near Tawang District.:cry:

In a statement, Krishna said: "I am deeply pained to receive confirmation of the tragic and untimely demise of a great son of India and the chief minister of Arunachal Pradesh Dorjee Khandu."

"He was dedicated to the cause of improving the quality of lives of the people of the Indian State of Arunachal Pradesh," he added.

He further said: "In his (Khandu) death, the state and country has lost a visionary administrator and an excellent human being. I would like to convey my heartfelt condolences to members of his family and friends.

The missing Pawan Hans AS350 B-3 helicopter that took off from Tawang at 9.50 am on Saturday lost communication with the ground after it flew past the Sela Pass along the Chinese border about 20 to 25 minutes later. The helicopter was scheduled to land in Itanagar at 11.30 am on Saturday.

Krishna condoles demise of Arunachal CM Khandu - The Times of India

Chief-Minister-of-Arunachal.jpg

NEW DELHI: The ministry of external affairs confirmed on Wednesday that Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Dorjee Khandu has been killed in a chopper crash, according to Times Now.

The chopper crashed between Kyela and Lobothang near Tawang district at a height of 4900 metres. Search operations are on to locate the chief minister's body.

Six helicopters have been sent to the crash site to confirm the identity of bodies. Family members and associates will be reaching the crash site with the help from Army helicopters.

External affairs minister SM Krishna said he is deeply pained by the demise of Dorjee Khandu. (Read: Krishna condoles demise of Arunachal CM)

Three bodies were on Wednesday sighted along with wreckage of an aircraft at a place on the path the helicopter carrying Dorjee Khandu and four others had taken.

Earlier in the day, breaking information that is "not encouraging and not good news", Home minister P Chidambaram said at a place between Kyela and Lobothang a party sent by circle officer sighted what appears to be an aircraft.

"They have sighted three bodies. This sighting has been made from a height. They have not been able to go down to the place where the aircraft is (lying) crashed. The message has been given to the nearest Army post which is sending a team," he had told reporters.

On Wednesday morning, search operation for missing helicopter carrying Khandu focussed on in three areas along Indo-Bhutan border.

"Based on inputs received from the ISRO satellite and the Sukhoi-30 aircraft, as well as information provided by some local people, the search operations are now going inNagar GG, District Tawang; immediate south of Sela Pass known as Eagle's Nest Reserve Forest and district Phangrong in Bhutan", said home ministry joint secretary Sambhu Singh.

Singh had said, "The search operations are being carried out by teams from the Army, ITBP, SSB, Arunachal Pradesh Police, NDRF and grazers from Arunachal Pradesh. The Government of Bhutan has also deployed search teams on its side of the border".

The Pawan Hans AS350 B-3 helicopter carrying the chief minister took off from Tawang at 9.50 am on Saturday. The last radio contact with the ground was about 20 minutes after take off as it flew over the Sela Pass along the Chinese border perched at an altitude of 13,700 feet.

Apart from Khandu, the people on board included crew members Captain J S Babbar and Captain K S Malick, Khandu's security officer Yeshi Choddak and Yeshi Lamu, sister of Tawang legislator Tsewang Dhondup.

There were about 3,500 personnel deployed in the search operations.

RIP sir.... hope govt can find an alternate CM in AP soon...

He always raised voice against china long live his glory. It may be hard to find a soul like him again for AP. It is really sad RIP sir.

arey bhai the chopper has both gps and satellite phone.....a Eurocopter cannot do without it..are you so dumb that you cannot understand his sarcasm.

Damn good looking Heli..I thought the the poster was serious....You know sometimes such shortcomings in indian Military is quite possible......and that's no sarcasm

Chinese objective achieved....we will take a damn long time to replace someone of his caliber, vision, and experience. God bless you for he ultimate sacrifice. I am so pissed ....for 50 years w have done nothing to make it safe to fly there......we are responsible for his death plain and simple. We simply don;t give a about human life.......only when we do then only will India transform completely.

foreign media can put Pakistan in any list...dosent matters or makes a difference cause we dont trust them.......failed state is that which has more poor than entire african continent and lack the ability to locate a downed helicopter in peace time........a nation who became hostage to 10 somalian pirates on 26/11 for 3 days and 4 nights :lol: shouldnt explain meaning of failure to others :bunny:

yousaf,

You are a worst kind of troller, as explained by Webmaster you are getting more and more attention resulting in popularity. Those culprits of 26/11 were not from Somalia or any other nations. Unfortunately they were non state actors from Pakistan. And dont make inflaming comments. We know how much capable our forces are and their abilities are. I usually dont sound rather harsh but this time should be.

Requesting MODS for cleaning this thread.

RIP! My condolence to his family and my fellow citizens.

Govt should look into AP for recent chopper crashes due to bad weather. They need to investigate it thoroughly.

May he Rest in Peace.I think he was one of AP's best CM's.AP is a very imp state for us.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom