Country
India
Arun Jaitley gets charge of defence ministry after Manohar Parrikar resigns

57616777.jpg
(TOI file photo)

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Jaitley has been given the additional charge of the defence ministry
  • Parrikar's resignation has been accepted with immediate effect
  • He submitted his resignation after BJP staked claim to form an alliance govt in Goa
NEW DELHI: Finance minister Arun Jaitley was on Monday given the additional charge of the defence ministry after Manohar Parrikar resigned to take on the new role of Goa chief minister.

A Rashtrapati Bhawan communique said that the resignation of Parrikar as the defence minister, on advice of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has been accepted with immediate effect.

"Further, as advised by the Prime Minister, the President has directed that Arun Jaitely, cabinet minister, shall be assigned the charge of the ministry of defence, in addition to his existing portfolios," the communique said.

Parrikar submitted his resignation after BJP staked claim to form an alliance government in Goa.
He will be sworn in as the chief minister of Goa tomorrow heading the BJP-led ministry which has the support of regional outfits and Independents.

This is the second time that Jaitley is holding the additional portfolio of Defence Ministry during the present NDA government.

He was incharge of the ministry earlier from May 26 to November 9 in 2014.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/president-accepts-parrikars-resignation-arun-jaitley-to-get-additional-charge-of-defence-portfolio/articleshow/57616323.cms

@Levina @Abingdonboy @nair @MilSpec @jbgt90 @Nilgiri

Ridiculous. Arun can barely handle being FM, how do u expect him to be DM in addition?
That means new DM will be appointed in near future. As Mr. Jetley has already overseen defense ministry, I believe he will be able to take over job for minimum possible time till New DM is chosen & appointed. I believe it shows the weakness of BJP in Goa but also presents the case that they are not in hurry to assign defense ministry in non capable hands.

This shows moronic stupidity. Finance itself requires many competent hands to deliver the desperately required reforms. This finance ministers success rate in that dept can only be described as underwhelming.
Now he is going to run defence as well ???? For a country the size of India ??? With so many complex issues to be resolved and energetically pursued ???

Its sad to see the saffron chadis have such a dearth of even moderately capable ministers that they have to recycle old formulas to keep the ship from completely running aground.

Its sad to see the saffron chadis have such a dearth of even moderately capable ministers that they have to recycle old formulas to keep the ship from completely running aground.

Yes unlike you guys we sadly don't have someone as strong, capable and decisive as his holinees st. Anthony to run defence ministry.

This appointment is a surprise. A welcome surprise! Thank you Modi, thank you very much.

Yes unlike you guys we sadly don't have someone as strong, capable and decisive as his holinees st. Anthony to run defence ministry.

I support a right of centre view. Never congress who I freely criticized ruthlessly. But unlike you, I have a brain of my very own. Such a phenomena might be new to you, it allows me to think for myself, again a concept you are clearly unfamiliar with.

The kind of signing spree in defence deals this Modi Government has shown in last two and a half years, Now desperately requires someone to look at the financial aspects of the commitments :partay:

Arun Jaitley gets charge of defence ministry after Manohar Parrikar resigns

57616777.jpg
(TOI file photo)

NEW DELHI: Finance minister Arun Jaitley was on Monday given the additional charge of the defence ministry after Manohar Parrikar resigned to take on the new role of Goa chief minister.

A Rashtrapati Bhawan communique said that the resignation of Parrikar as the defence minister, on advice of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has been accepted with immediate effect.

"Further, as advised by the Prime Minister, the President has directed that Arun Jaitely, cabinet minister, shall be assigned the charge of the ministry of defence, in addition to his existing portfolios," the communique said.

Parrikar submitted his resignation after BJP staked claim to form an alliance government in Goa.
He will be sworn in as the chief minister of Goa tomorrow heading the BJP-led ministry which has the support of regional outfits and Independents.

This is the second time that Jaitley is holding the additional portfolio of Defence Ministry during the present NDA government.

He was incharge of the ministry earlier from May 26 to November 9 in 2014.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/president-accepts-parrikars-resignation-arun-jaitley-to-get-additional-charge-of-defence-portfolio/articleshow/57616323.cms

@Levina @Abingdonboy @nair @MilSpec @jbgt90 @Nilgiri
lagi L****!!

Back
Top Bottom