What's new

Arun Jaitley gets charge of defence ministry after Manohar Parrikar resigns

Yeah, you can see that...... Goa is the most important state in India.... and with out that Modi govt would be in trouble.....
It is not about important or not...it is about running a state and cobbling up a coalition govt. The smaller players extended support only on the condition that parrikar would be the CM..so not much choice either....Keep in mind it was BJP who brought Parrikar out of that state and ended up almost loosing that state for good....

Jaitley being the DM is going to be a stop gap measure and it is pretty much clear that Modi don't like the idea of giving defense to someone who has not proven his worth....so not a bleak case as far as i am concerned....b/w in politics no state is dispensable...

Well this is what happened in the past...and thus most likely to be next scenario......you have your doubts??

No, I dont have my doubts. I mean, seriously speaking, this is a terrible appointment. If this is permanent or at least long term then that is a woefully bad decision. The former Defense Minister was better for you and not so good for us. That's all.

Domestic politics taking precedence over defence ministry - a.k.a national defence?. That is surprising!

Domestic politics taking precedence over defence ministry - a.k.a national defence?. That is surprising!

Modi wants a BJP govt in every Indian State. And he will make any compromise on India's interests to do just that. This is a very bad decision. As a Pakistani I am happy that Parrikrar is gone. He's been a pain in the backside.

Too much win ....
arunjaitley-k1YC-621x414@LiveMint.jpg

I hope cabinet reshuffle happens soon, we can't tax Jai Itlay sahab with too much burden.

Nonsense...... They think Goa is important than a good DM.....
I am not particularly unhappy with this move but if Modi would have sacrificed Goa for MoD it would have been a historical move for the greater good of the country. But I guess local politics in Goa needed more attention after a faction of Goa revolted against the sitting CM. I hope we don't lose precious time in bringing in new DM.

No, I dont have my doubts. I mean, seriously speaking, this is a terrible appointment. If this is permanent or at least long term then that is a woefully bad decision. The former Defense Minister was better for you and not so good for us. That's all.
I guess this is most probably an interim fix until they scout for a new DM. Jaitley served as the DM back in 2014 when BJP came to power and would hold the same portfolio until they find someone who is as capable as Manohar Parikkar.

I guess this is most probably an interim fix until they scout for a new DM. Jaitley served as the DM back in 2014 when BJP came to power and would hold the same portfolio until they find someone who is as capable as Manohar Parikkar.

For your sake I hope you are right. As things stand, we Pakistanis are relieved that he is gone. This is not out of sympathy, just pure pragmatism and national interest. This was a bad decision even as an interim one. This gives us breathing space.

For your sake I hope you are right. As things stand, we Pakistanis are relieved that he is gone. This is not out of sympathy, just pure pragmatism and national interest. This was a bad decision even as an interim one. This gives us breathing space.
Well Jaitley is the only remedy for the moment as I don't think there is anyone is Modi's govt who is actually as capable as Parikkar but at the same time a hold over Goa is also important as it increases NDA's winning chances in 2019 which would be beneficial to continue the same pace of economic development.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom