What's new

Arun Jaitley gets charge of defence ministry after Manohar Parrikar resigns

Well Jaitley is the only remedy for the moment as I don't think there is anyone is Modi's govt who is actually as capable as Parikkar but at the same time a hold over Goa is also important as it increases NDA's winning chances in 2019 which would be beneficial to continue the same pace of economic development.

This appointment makes no sense. Neither does removing Parrikrar to replace him with an interim. Why now? Modi wants a BJP govt in every State in India. I have said before that Modi reminds me of Zia Ul Haq. He used to do the same kind of stupidity and look where it took Pakistan? Modi has aone point agenda and that is Hindutva. India as a secular State is practical and works. As a Hindutva State you will need to make serious adjustments and sacrifices. Religious zealotry requires sacrifices. Ask us, we know.

No, I dont have my doubts. I mean, seriously speaking, this is a terrible appointment. If this is permanent or at least long term then that is a woefully bad decision. The former Defense Minister was better for you and not so good for us. That's all.
As said by many it is a stop gap measure...also Arun Jaitley is one of the best brains of this country...so let's not underestimate him....

As said by many it is a stop gap measure...also Arun Jaitley is one of the best brains of this country...so let's not underestimate him....

Some sections of your own society call him one of the most corrupt men in India. That is true as well.

This appointment makes no sense. Neither does removing Parrikrar to replace him with an interim. Why now? Modi wants a BJP govt in every State in India. I have said before that Modi reminds me of Zia Ul Haq. He used to do the same kind of stupidity and look where it took Pakistan? Modi has aone point agenda and that is Hindutva. India as a secular State is practical and works. As a Hindutva State you will need to make serious adjustments and sacrifices. Religious zealotry requires sacrifices. Ask us, we know.
Check post #20....As far as Hindutva and other stuff is concerned then check voting patterns of UP in detail...you will get your answers....propaganda can take you only so far....thereafter reality hits and hits pretty hard....don't believe me...well ask Congress/SP/BSP

Neither does removing Parrikrar to replace him with an interim.
Parrikar is not removed. The elected members from Goa made specific request that he be made Chief minister. Modi has obliged.
But trust me Jaitley is a stop gap arrangement at best for 6 months. After presidential elections we will see change.

Check post #20....As far as Hindutva and other stuff is concerned then check voting patterns of UP in detail...you will get your answers....propaganda can take you only so far....thereafter reality hits and hits pretty hard....don't believe me...well ask Congress/SP/BSP

I will never pretend to know as mush about Indian politics as you do. Far be it from me to be that arrogant. However, your own co-nationalists are in shock over this. I take their word on it.

But trust me Jaitley is a stop gap arrangement at best for 6 months.

A week is a long time in politics. Six months is an eternity.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but there hasn't been any Hindutva ideologies in India and people still live the same way. The secular ideologies of Indians were always the same be it back during the UPA regime or the current NDA regime, nothing has actually changed if you take a look at the ground reality when it comes to secularism. Media is crap in India and definitely worse than Pak's media, and that's how they try to portray and tarnish BJP's image by highlighting the Hindutva propaganda and opposition parties playing the secular and communal cards but you can see what happened in the recent UP elections. People in Pak perceive RSS as goons and rowdies but you are totally unaware of the good deeds they've done to the community, not just to Hindus but other religions as well.

And it is definitely a good thing to have the same party in the state and center as there would be more cooperation and proactive assistance from the center in development of the states. Also, people have been fed up with 10 years of UPA's rotten politics and scam-ridden policies and now they started seeing significant economic development and trust me, my muslim friends were also satisfied with the current govt. Coming to Jaitley's appointment as DM, he is one of the most educated and best brains in the cabinet and I hope he'll be able to handle the portfolio decently enough for the time being.

I will never pretend to know as mush about Indian politics as you do. Far be it from me to be that arrogant. However, your own co-nationalists are in shock over this. I take their word on it.
No doubt every one is in shock....detailed study of voting patterns will amplify the shock like anything.....just to let you know i am not a sanghi...and an opponent of the idea of Modi being the PM of this country somewhere till 2012..and then things changed.....

A week is a long time in politics. Six months is an eternity.
Indeed...however as said in post#20....it was Modi who got Parrikar out of Goa knowing very well how popular he is...and in 2017 they almost lost Goa..even now it is the coalition partner who insisted for parrikar(tells us how popular he would have been).....this kind of gives some inclination of how far Modi is willing to go to get right people at right place...no??

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but there hasn't been any Hindutva ideologies in India and people still live the same way.

LOL! Beta, you need to grow up a little. Judging by your post you must be still a youngster. My advice to you is read, read a lot and learn wisdom. At the moment you are an infant.

.this kind of gives some inclination of how far Modi is willing to go to get right people at right place...no??

If you and me were having a Bourbon together and sharing a joint, I would say one thing: never trust a politician whoever he is. As a Pakistani, I am happy today, not because of what our government has done, but because of what your government has done. Do you understand?

If you and me were having a Bourbon together and sharing a joint, I would say one thing: never trust a politician whoever he is. As a Pakistani, I am happy today, not because of what our government has done, but because of what your government has done. Do you understand?
Look i am just sharing with you what has happened in the past....now if you are happy about what my govt. has done who am i to complain here....b/w i don't trust politicians and believe in actual work...that is why trying to explain you....Taking our parrikar from goa was a bold move...and politically stupid...so does that explain anything??

Look i am just sharing with you what has happened in the past....now if you are happy about what my govt. has done who am i to complain here....b/w i don't trust politicians and believe in actual work...that is why trying to explain you....Taking our parrikar from goa was a bold move...and politically stupid...so does that explain anything??

First thing. As Defence Ministers go, we wish we had one like Parrikrar. We have Khwaja Asif (LOL) I think, damn I'm not even sure who the idiot is. Now how does taking Parrikrar out and replacing him with Jaitley (LOL) make any sense? Jaitley is synonymous with corruption and cronyism. This is not even an interim measure it is a calculated move by Modi. Whatever anyone says about Modi, he knows what he is doing. This is no mistake. This is mind-boggling.

I've seen the ground realities dawg and I pretty much know what's happening in my country. Your anti-India ideology makes y'all live in denial and ignorance.

Dawg?? Should I even dignify that with a response? You almost gave me the impression that you were capable of being objective and intelligent. You have disappointed.

For your sake I hope you are right. As things stand, we Pakistanis are relieved that he is gone. This is not out of sympathy, just pure pragmatism and national interest. This was a bad decision even as an interim one. This gives us breathing space.

So you believe the DM acts alone?. Ok.

First thing. As Defence Ministers go, we wish we had one like Parrikrar. We have Khwaja Asif (LOL) I think, damn I'm not even sure who the idiot is. Now how does taking Parrikrar out and replacing him with Jaitley (LOL) make any sense? Jaitley is synonymous with corruption and cronyism. This is not even an interim measure it is a calculated move by Modi. Whatever anyone says about Modi, he knows what he is doing. This is no mistake. This is mind-boggling.
I am not sure what is the impression about Jaitley in Pakistan however here in India he is a very well respected cabinet member....so rest assured about that part....

Back
Top Bottom