What's new

Arshad Nadeem got second Gold Medal for Pakistan

Best showing for the country in decades, normally they win 4-5 medals at the CWG, this time 8 with two golds.

Nearly all medals are won in weightlifting and combat sports (wrestling, boxing, judo). This is where the national strength is and what the focus should be.

No point in trying in games like table tennis and badminton.

1659907537961.png

1659907573346.png

Best showing for the country in decades, normally they win 4-5 medals at the CWG, this time 8 with two golds.

Nearly all medals are won in weightlifting and combat sports (wrestling, boxing, judo). This is where the national strength is and what the focus should be.

No point in trying in games like table tennis and badminton.

Yes last time we won 8 medals was in 2002. Most of the medals then were also in weightlifting, boxing and wrestling. Our hockey is a shambles now.

He threw 90metres! Come on bro we need this for the Olympic Games!

Had massive support from the huge Pakistani community here in Birmingham.

He beat the gold medal winner at the world championships the Grenada guy.

Yup. Even that Grenada guy was surprised with that throw

Anyways these are the sports that Pakistan should focus on for winning medals

1. Wrestling
2. Boxing
3. Athletics
5. Judo
6. Taekwondo
7. Hockey
8. Football

Congratulations to Arshad bhai and all my PDF bros here. I had called it on Friday itself:

Regards

@Areesh

Areeshbhai

1. Wrestling- Yes, traditional sport, great deal of success in Indian Punjab (Punjab. Haryana, Delhi)- same culture, same genetics
2. Boxing- Same as above
3. Athletics- Focus on throwing; in running events cant compete with black athletes
5. Judo- Yes, same as 1,2
6. Taekwondo- Yes, same as 1,2
7. Hockey- Yes, traditional strength, needs organisation and finance
8. Football- Avoid- we are too far behind global standards and there are only two medals

I would add
1. Shooting - Tradition in KPK, military circles, India has got lots of medals too
2. Weightlifting- Same as 1,2

Regards

Were you sleeping during your history classes ?
No we dont go in the ins and outs of Pakistani history here in the west. Funny that. Still it's an ugly reminder of something I want to forget, and to think you guys rejoined after leaving. Im still not sure why you had to rejoin. It's kinda pathetic. What happened to istiqlal?

Arshad Nadeem for Gold hiss personal best footage 88Meters
Mashallah everyone remember to say it.
Congrats, good show. 90 meters throw can surely bring Olympic medal
Congratulation to Arshad Nadeem and Pakistan.

Congratulations to the guy!

These CWG seem to be going well for Pakistan as a whole...still a long way to go, but encouraging.
First south Asian to cross 90 meters and that too with an injured arm

Wow. Massive

After a few years a news will come that due to financial conditions these athletes have been forced to sell their medals in the market
This has happened in the past

Back
Top Bottom