What's new

Army's Combat Swarm Drones Fly In Public For First Time

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These drones can penetrate up to 50 km behind enemy lines and create havoc, while drone operators can stay hidden safely.

From afar, they look like a flock of birds. But on closer look, they make a hum that only a machine can make and fly in a neat formation. These are combat drones of the Indian Army that can swarm enemy forces and overwhelm their defences.

Over 15 such swarm drones of the army flew for the first time in public at the Army Day parade in Delhi. These drones can penetrate up to 50 km behind enemy lines and create havoc, while drone operators can stay hidden safely, the presenter at the parade said.

Swarm drones are seen as a potent weapon in future warfare. The US, China, Russia and a few European countries are in the process of developing the first elements of their swarm-drone strike packages.

The government strongly backs the drone development initiative as part of the Make in India programme, which encourages Indian defence manufacturers to focus on core research and development projects towards the next-generation requirements of India's armed forces.

For more follow the link below.

The moment I saw this, knew you'd have me tagged. LOL! Indians have also placed a follow-up order for Heron and Harpy.

Well, who's going to wake up our grand ol' uncles at the helm? For them, war is still fought the WWII style and all of these are just 'gadgets'. At times, I do think a very very rude wake-up call is probably the only thing that can help us, but then again, these folks are fairly good at making excuses. Sorry for the rant, but just too tired of this. =)

And check this out, their next version is air-launched version for these.

Last edited:
Just a few drones and that could be called as swarm??

Drone show in China

I try to recognize these two pieces. Z-10 and Q-5?
1610703042633.png

The moment I saw this, knew you'd have me tagged. LOL! Indians have also placed a follow-up order for Heron and Harpy.

Well, who's going to wake up our grand ol' uncles at the helm? For them, war is still fought the WWII style and all of these are just 'gadgets'. At times, I do think a very very rude wake-up call is probably the only thing that can help us, but then again, these folks are fairly good at making excuses. Sorry for the rant, but just too tired of this. =)

It's a blessing actually this is nothing new... if Indians are purchasing drone swarms and loitering munitions we should thank them why ? Remember when India made nukes we did the same? Indians went ahead with tejas we went for JF17 ..... indians went for arjun tank we made Al khalid .... Indians tested missiles we also acquired missile technology........ Pakistani leadership is not sleeping anything India does we make a counter this is actually a mistake the Indians are stupid our allies China and Turkey have extensive experience in drone swarms and loitering munitions in a year or two we can come up with our own loitering munitions and drone swarms........ you know what will happen next Pakistani and Chinese will deploy drone swarms and loitering munitions on two fronts to bang India

quadcopters.... really
75 quadcopters were displayed, each having range of 50km and armed with 2x mini suicide drones i.e total of 150 duicide drones capable of delivering 600kg of explosives

Fixed wing loitering munition will be soon tested by HAL and Newspace. These will be launched from fighter aircrafts.
Erw5IAoVQAII7Pl

It's a blessing actually this is nothing new... if Indians are purchasing drone swarms and loitering munitions we should thank them why ? Remember when India made nukes we did the same? Indians went ahead with tejas we went for JF17 ..... indians went for arjun tank we made Al khalid .... Indians tested missiles we also acquired missile technology........ Pakistani leadership is not sleeping anything India does we make a counter this is actually a mistake the Indians are stupid our allies China and Turkey have extensive experience in drone swarms and loitering munitions in a year or two we can come up with our own loitering munitions and drone swarms........ you know what will happen next Pakistani and Chinese will deploy drone swarms and loitering munitions on two fronts to bang India
Indians have had loitering munition since the mid-2000s. We have nothing to show for, in this case. Our decision-making process is extremely lethargic and very much dependent upon access to tech via Chinese/Turks. Hoping to see us try and catch up here, soon.

75 quadcopters were displayed, each having range of 50km and armed with 2x mini suicide drones i.e total of 150 duicide drones capable of delivering 600kg of explosives

Fixed wing loitering munition will be soon tested by HAL and Newspace. These will be launched from fighter aircrafts.
Erw5IAoVQAII7Pl
Why helping the enemy they are quadcopters nothing more useless quadcopters

The moment I saw this, knew you'd have me tagged. LOL!
Sorry?lol.

Well according to @SQ8 we do things only if the Indians are doing it. Well, the Indians have been doing it and continue to do it. So what gives?

To @PanzerKiel we make a desperate plea that maybe he has the ear of someone important lol.

Yeah saw this.

Sorry?lol.

Well according to @SQ8 we do things only if the Indians are doing it. Well, the Indians have been doing it and continue to do it. So what gives?

To @PanzerKiel we make a desperate plea that maybe he has the ear of someone important lol.

Yeah saw this.
The only problem with that philosophy is that up until now, Indians too were fairly lax since they were to only be prepared enough for a war with us. As China replaces us as a regional adversary in their strategic calculus, they will eventually up the ante. We are nowhere near in terms of education, a solid industrial base, or even technical knowledge to compete - so our options will mostly be imported or dependent upon input from China / Turkey (making them expensive in the process). Anyway, I hope to see some traction now, Indians have had loitering munition for well over a decade, while we sat twiddling our thumbs waiting on the Chinese to put solutions on the table.

We have known all along what India possesses and its not a news just display of it gives us a wake up call. We do have ordered few anti drones units from Turkey after the Azerbaijan war how ever we need to develop and deploy anti drone technology extensively as these silly little things are a current danger to our boys on the ground.
Hope by the next year on the defence day we may display our own little bees in the sky and what India displayed is not a big deal just a wake up call to speed up the process.

Back
Top Bottom