China
A PLA WZ-10 armed helicopter crash at ShanXi province, 2x pilots safe.:coffee:

162646wd6ux91o4joefkhj.jpg.thumb.jpg

162647q00669m7b094o49z.jpg.thumb.jpg

162403i7y6at8tkrtqn6ag.jpg.thumb.jpg

162404pn2xnqghn0rgnvhp.jpg.thumb.jpg

162406nif6v2zm83b0uczi.jpg.thumb.jpg

162252sviqc959wy5q9qwv.jpg.thumb.jpg

It was not a crash。It was a controlled forced landing according to an inside source。

Minor problem with the chopper's auxiliary rotor.

Also the chopper is the property of the CFTE,not the PLA。

It was not a crash。It was a controlled forced landing according to an inside source。

Stop using military speak and just say it crashed.

Military euphemisms can be quite entertaining (or sometimes not funny at all). One of the most ludiculous I heard was from NASA, when a multi-million dollar space pod with months of research information collected in orbit was re-entering the atmosphere. All that work and money, and the parachute didnt open, so it crashed and everything was lost. The radio operator announced that they had experienced "negative-chute." :D

I think in this case, one could say that all "controlled forced landings" are crashes, but not all crashes are controlled forced landings.

If I ran my vehicle into a wall because I am avoiding an animal in the road, technically it was controlled, and it could be argued that it was forced. I think it would still be described as a "crash" by anyone who discussed it.

The only reason to differentiate between the two terms is the belief that somehow "crash" is a word with a connotation that is more negative than the forced landing, but I don't personally see it that way. Like I mentioned in a previous post, lesser pilots could have been a tragedy.

I think how a pilot responds when something goes wrong and his life is in danger (such as in the scenario in the picture) is much more telling than normal operation.

Last edited:
Military euphemisms can be quite entertaining (or sometimes not funny at all). One of the most ludiculous I heard was from NASA, when a multi-million dollar space pod with months of research information collected in orbit was re-entering the atmosphere. All that work and money, and the parachute didnt open, so it crashed and everything was lost. The radio operator announced that they had experienced "negative-chute." :D

I think in this case, one could say that all "controlled forced landings" are crashes, but not all crashes are controlled forced landings.

If I ran my vehicle into a wall because I am avoiding an animal in the road, technically it was controlled, and it could be argued that it was forced. I think it would still be described as a "crash" by anyone who discussed it.

The only reason to differentiate between the two terms is the belief that somehow "crash" is a word with a connotation that is more negative than the forced landing, but I don't personally see it that way. Like I mentioned in a previous post, lesser pilots could have been a tragedy.

I think how a pilot responds when something goes wrong and his life is in danger (such as in the scenario in the picture) is much more telling than normal operation.

Thank you. All semantics.

if you dont know the technicality stfu!

Good to see someone mad.

$hit happens, chopper can be replaced. good to know that the pilots are safe.

Thank GOD pilots are safe........................... Crash is Crash.......... Maximum numbers of crash happened because little minor issue.

Back
Top Bottom