What's new

Army to get steep-dive BrahMos missile regiment for China front

it's time to deploy DF-21D into Tibet, we have only one role, it's to make India Navy-less :D, a carrier pack for 8 months at the dock yard will be a perfect target :lol:
If one person would had known that @Kiss_of_the_Dragon is my ignore list since long due to off topic, flame baiting, diverting the quality discussion irrespective of country then trolls would not be quoting me. @Oscar @waz sir can we have meaningful discussion without interruption from trolls. Our effort goes only in reporting most of the time while these trolls don't learn even basic forum rules.

need to look into aquring the land launched SDB

perfect for mountain warfare
image-3.jpg

60 M270 each with 12 rockets=720 + 10 complete reloads= 7200 missiles assume each rocket+SDB= $50,000=$360 million dollars

now compare that to brahmos that costs what at least a $1 million each, a lot of bang for your buck with SDB

Just a very basic calculation, if a Missile can carry 500 KG and travel 300 Kms, how much distance the same missile will travel if it carries a 250 kg warhead..??? even a primary school kid will answer this question..
@Levina @500 @Kinetic @Rajaraja Chola @RISING SUN @Abingdonboy
Thanks @Allen Iverson for the tag.
Its some time since i've updated myself on Brahmos. :)

I've some doubts here..
1) when the land to land version was tested we tested it for 250kms. This so because we dont have longer test range available on our mainland. Right?
The ones which get tested by pointing at sea are verified by the software and it is under such circumstances that the range is not revealed. True???

2) As far as i understand steep dive maneuver in the mountainous region means that the missile can approach the shadow area and take out the target. So when we talk of a 90 degree steep dive, it means Brahmos would achieve a higher horizontal target hitting capability- a vertical mode. But doesnt Brahmos already have a surround capability? i mean to go around the hill and hit?

what excites me most about this missile is that it can take down an object flying as low as 10m, thats like hitting a toy drone. lol
And what happened to the tinier version of Brahmos? Brahmos-NG?

@Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA

Thanks @Allen Iverson for the tag.
Its some time since i've updated myself on Brahmos. :)

I've some doubts here..
1) when the land to land version was tested we tested it for 250kms. This so because we dont have longer test range available on our mainland. Right?
The ones which get tested by pointing at sea are verified by the software and it is under such circumstances that the range is not revealed. True???

2) As far as i understand steep dive maneuver in the mountainous region means that the missile can approach the shadow area and take out the target. So when we talk of a 90 degree steep dive, it means Brahmos would achieve a higher horizontal target hitting capability- a vertical mode. But doesnt Brahmos already have a surround capability? i mean to go around the hill and hit?

what excites me most about this missile is that it can take down an object flying as low as 10m, thats like hitting a toy drone. lol
And what happened to the tinier version of Brahmos? Brahmos-NG?

@Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA

If we add more way points and increasing the frequency of S loop , we will enable the missile to be tested for an extended range by covering more distance within the missile testing range. This will also showcase the maneuverability aspect.

The steep dive capability is more for bunkers and installations which are in the shadows region of a mountainous portion and are normally inaccessible to other Missiles.

I am not sure about 90 degrees but I know for sure that block 3 showcased being 70 degrees in one of the tests earlier

Brahmos NG will take some time..

The next 2big news in brahmos will be
  1. It's test against land and sea targets launched from MKI
  2. The X band seeker which we are trying to indigenously develop to replace Russian seeker
These two milestones will make it more exciting for future.

Nonsense, utter nonsense!!The actual solution was far simpler than you think.
No the solution was not simple at all.. The Brahmos team had nothing much to offer other than mimicking the payload and the range, and of course the casing and Nose cone were all separately designed in India with different materials than the one used in Yakhont.. The material is (Al-Cenosphere MMC (Metal matrix compostie)).. I am one of the Project Engineers at L&T HED division where the outer casings, Nose cone are all manufactured. So I think I'll believe my eyes and ears rather than a fan boy like you who bases his claims on websites and news leaks.. And of course not everything you read in the news or Blogs are true.. DRDO is full of surprises for our adversaries as well as for people like you..

If you are talking about the CL 20, then it was developed much too later for what you are saying to be true!!And in any case, its status remains unclear mostly owing to its exorbitant production cost.Oh and by the way, CL 20 isn't really the '20 times stronger than RDX' miracle compound out of the 'Land of the Ozz', which most people have led to believe by that nincompoop named Ajay Shukla!!I mean he just cooked up some bs figures right from his behind and presented it to the masses with a craftily written article and the people took it!!
So I heard, that they are using totally different warhead for Brahmos.. But what i also heard is that the 250Kg that is the current Spec is more than enough to break through the Hull of Bigger destroyers .. However,this part(new explosive) I'm not sure..

Out of curiosity - The videos we have seen online, The test of the Anti-ship variant - those were without the explosive warhead?

The reason i ask to that we civilians (or at least me) can't gauge how make damage the 250kg warhead can do

Last edited:
It's 300 kg actually, if we are to take the words of the chairman of Brahmos Aerospace, and it has been 300 from the very beginning.
No, it is 250 Kg and we have the Machine drawing which we look into everyday morning and the warhead compartment is strictly compacted for 250 Kg warhead, with current Explosive materials in use.. I don't know why Brahmos is downplaying (the range by showing this number) but it should be for a good enough reason considering the fact that Anti Ship Missiles such as Harpoon, Exocet which are subsonic also uses a 250 Kg warhead, and brahmos being atleast four times faster than those uses a 300 Kg makes us think that there is a catch here..And I also do know that, the export variation Brahmos is totally different in many counts to the Version in use for Indian one.. Because all our Bill of quantities (BOQ) received are from DRDO not from Brahmos Aerospace.. :police:

Ummm.......he can't do the math, actually nobody can and nobody will, at least not based on whatever 'details' you have given nobody would, because all your so called details is nothing other than your assumptions, which is based on wrong info about the figures and insufficient knowledge and understanding of the physics involved!!
Why not?? keeping other variables such as speed and altitude as constant and manipulating only range and weight of the missile which are inversely proportional to each other why can't we arrive at the number (Approx).. unless one can't do simple 8th standard math..
Regarding the physics involved, would you care to explain a bit more in detail?? As to how the physics involved will impact the range of the missile??

Ummm.......he can't do the math, actually nobody can and nobody will, at least not based on whatever 'details' you have given nobody would, because all your so called details is nothing other than your assumptions, which is based on wrong info about the figures and insufficient knowledge and understanding of the physics involved!!
Why not?? keeping other variables such as speed and altitude as constant and manipulating only range and weight of the missile which are inversely proportional to each other why can't we arrive at the number (Approx).. unless one can't do simple 8th standard math..
Regarding the physics involved, would you care to explain a bit more in detail?? As to how the physics involved will impact the range of the missile??

Of course he (or she) can, but will it be the right answer??Well, I've got my doubts.
If they do the math correctly then they can get it all right. Atleast with an accuracy of 80-90%

Can you do this 'just a very basic calculation' of yours by yourself??Don't answer it, I already know your answer and trust me, it's anything but on the mark!!
I have done it, it worked fine for me..Hence the whole post.. I you don't want an answer then why are you writing a question at the first place?? Just to prove you something connected to your ego ??

Do you really believe that India will induct this Missile so rapidly in all the three forces with so much number if its range is only 290 Kms.. If you believe so then you are a fool..
The MTCR norms controls a delivery platform which can deliver a warhead weighing 500 Kg beyond 300 Kms to be sold by a MTCR member country to a non MTCR country..
When the programme started as a joint venture, the Brahmos aerospace faced challenges in upgrading the propulsion tech as well as downgrading the Warhead weight to less than 300 KG which will theoretically double the range of originally 300 KM range missile carrying a 500 KG warhead.. DRDO had a break through in terms high yield conventional war head and now the Brahmos is Approx carrying a 250 Kg warhead.. The warhead weight could be so minimal yet so devastating the explosion is because of the exceptional Kinetic energy attained during the Terminal and Mid course phase.. Reports suggest that, the hull were cut into two halves when they tested the recent version.. So do the math on your own about the range of the missile with the details I have given..
Just a very basic calculation, if a Missile can carry 500 KG and travel 300 Kms, how much distance the same missile will travel if it carries a 250 kg warhead..??? even a primary school kid will answer this question..
@Levina @500 @Kinetic @Rajaraja Chola @RISING SUN @Abingdonboy

Even with a 250 Kg warhead if the missile's petrol tank is not full it cant go far dude :D:D am I right @Chinese-Dragon

Ye
Now that we have become an official member of the MTCR, there remains no need to keep the range capped at 290 km, nothing stops us now from extending the existing range to the P 800 Onik's original range of 600 km in hi-lo configuration, by filling up the fuel tanks to their maximum capacities, which earlier had to be kept at half in order to comply with the MTCR guidelines.
s, true.. Now there is no more restrictions for us.. We can acquire the platforms with far higher range as well.. But as far as I know, we are self sustained with Brahmos, and it gave us much needed time to develop our Nirbhay.. Now there is no more reasons to play with the range of the missile sacrificing warhead weight. But even that worked out well in our favours..

The part in bold is not entirely correct since the entire navigation and guidance system along with the target identification algorithms of the seeker had to be developed from scratch, which was done by the DRDO. And besides, a lot of other components including the seekers have since been replaced by Indian designed components.

Below, you can see the CGI image of the new SAR seeker (with increased tracking range, ECCM and better resolution compared to the earlier one) for Brahmos Block III, designed and developed by LRDE and manufactured by Datapatterns.

View attachment 323015

And here is the actual prototype :
View attachment 323016

And here is the original seeker, from the 90s
View attachment 323017
Thanks for the details, but my context was that there was nothing new that was not available in older Russian variants that could enhance the missile's capabilities by leaps and bounds that India has inclulcated in the newer customised variant.. But yes the indegenisation is definitely a far bigger leap, and on that front I concede..

Actually. That's y Brahmos 2 with extended range is being made by the Indians. Its not as if Brahmos 1 does not carry more than 300 km. But Indo-Russia collabration must be within MTCR commitments.
mmmm.. I doubt that..

Anything else? I get bored with Brahmos stuff.
wise one, then you should not be sniffing your nose in a thread dedicated to discussions on Brahmos.. It is like you complain your own tool for being small.. Arrey it is you who chose click this thread, nobody pulled you down to view this..

If one person would had known that @Kiss_of_the_Dragon is my ignore list since long due to off topic, flame baiting, diverting the quality discussion irrespective of country then trolls would not be quoting me. @Oscar @waz sir can we have meaningful discussion without interruption from trolls. Our effort goes only in reporting most of the time while these trolls don't learn even basic forum rules.

If I'm on your ignore list, why you still reply to my post or tag my name? :rofl: I think I'm so irresistive that you can't afford to ignore me :rofl: because what I said make sense. When you guys place Brahmos or tank on China border are OK but when I propose DF-21D to counter India and I'm accused of frame baiting? LMAO :disagree:....it's so simple to understand your reaction, you Indians are too scare of DF-21D on Tibet because Indian Navy will have not future in Indian Ocean.:lol:

If we add more way points and increasing the frequency of S loop , we will enable the missile to be tested for an extended range by covering more distance within the missile testing range. This will also showcase the maneuverability aspect.
Thanks. This is something that i didnt understand.
coming back to my basic physics, the range of missile can be increased by increasing its flight time and increasing its velocity. Flight time can be increased by the bombardment while the velocity can be increased by changing the projection. Bombardment would mean changing the efficiency of fuel used.
But ofcourse the easiest way is to reduce the payload. I heard that halving the payload in missiles with less than 500 km range increases the range by 150% (@Allen Iverson ).
So my question is, which one of the above listed factors were changed to increase the range brahmos ?
@Roybot @Abingdonboy
I am not sure about 90 degrees but I know for sure that block 3 showcased being 70 degrees in one of the tests earlier
you're right. As of now its 70 degrees, but they are working on achieving 90 degrees.

ps: i heard of the S maneuver that brahmos performs before it takes out a target, this ostensibly keeps it safe from any interceptor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom