What's new

Army sources release picture of Chinese incursion in Daulat Beg Oldi sector

Bhai Zakir

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Army sources release picture of Chinese incursion in Daulat Beg Oldi sector in Ladakh

7261_chinese-incursion.jpg

Sources in the Indian Army released a picture of Chinese incursion in Daulat Beg Oldi sector in Ladakh on Tuesday.

Notably, a platoon-strength contingent of China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in DBO sector, which is at an altitude of about 17,000 feet, on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there, according to highly placed sources.

India is also likely to send an Army contingent to the area to be on guard even though it wants to avoid a confrontation.

Earlier, Indian Army had sent a team of Ladakh Scouts to the Daulat Beg Oldi sector, manned by the troops of Indo—Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) soon after it was discovered that the Chinese troops had set up a camp there.

India raised the issue with China last week immediately after the incident of Chinese incursion came to light. Apart from summoning the Chinese Ambassador to South Block, the Joint Secretary in MEA, who is heading the India-China joint working mechanism to deal with issues on the boundary from the Indian side, spoke to his counterpart in Beijing last week, emphasising on the need to resolve the issue.

DBO, located in northernmost Ladakh, is an historic camp site and located on an ancient trade route connecting Ladakh to Yarkand in Xinjiang, China.

Army sources release picture of Chinese incursion in Daulat Beg Oldi sector in Ladakh - daily.bhaskar.com

Talks with China fail, more troops may be sent to Ladakh

It seems there are
12 small tents on one side of plains and some sort of command and control on high sands.
If our sovereignty needs blood then so be it.
I wish this confrontational deadlock is resolved mutually , but if Skirmish or for that matter even war is forced on us then so be it.

Now I seriously think India needs to reevaluate it's policies towards forming axis against China.This bellicose attitude needs to be addressed soon.

Indian media are still hyping this up??!! A waste of time and resources responding to this isolated incident. A meeting between the two sides could have resolved this instantly but the media has got into such a frenzy the GoI has had to appear to look tough.

Pathetic.

Now, Chinese choppers enter several hundred kilometres inside India - The Times of India

LEH/NEW DELHI: As the intruding Chinese soldiers refuse to budge from their occupied position in Daulat Beg Oldi(DBO) sector in Ladakh, two Chinese military helicopters have violated Indian airspace at Chumar, several hundred kilometres southeast of Leh, adding to the prevailing tension. The Chinese choppers entered the Indian airspace on April 21 and hovered over the area for quite sometime and returned after dropping some food cans, cigarette packets and notes written in their local language, official sources said today.

The incident happened five days after a platoon-strength contingent of China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) had come 10km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in the DBO sector on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there.

Chumar, which is about 300km from Leh, provides another access to Aksai Chin, an area which is under illegal occupation of China, besides from DBO.

After the incursion incident, Indo-Tibetan Border Police, the border guarding force, has beefed up its strength in the area and Army from the nearby location had increased its surveillance.

Last September, Chinese helicopters flew over Chumar with some of its troops even getting onto the ground. The troops destroyed bunkers and old tents of the Indian Army before returning to their own air space. The situation in the DBO sector, meanwhile, continued to remain tense with the PLA personnel, who have come with some dogs and vehicles, refusing to budge from the area.

Indian media are still hyping this up??!! A waste of time and resources responding to this isolated incident. A meeting between the two sides could have resolved this instantly but the media has got into such a frenzy the GoI has had to appear to look tough.

Pathetic.

You mean it should be done and dusted with before Chinese incursion is actually repelled ??
I think Ostrich attitude will help only in emboldening China and by the way pics are released by IA not by solo journo on a mission to hype the all ready skewed up matter.

Now, Chinese choppers enter several hundred kilometres inside India - The Times of India

LEH/NEW DELHI: As the intruding Chinese soldiers refuse to budge from their occupied position in Daulat Beg Oldi(DBO) sector in Ladakh, two Chinese military helicopters have violated Indian airspace at Chumar, several hundred kilometres southeast of Leh, adding to the prevailing tension. The Chinese choppers entered the Indian airspace on April 21 and hovered over the area for quite sometime and returned after dropping some food cans, cigarette packets and notes written in their local language, official sources said today.

The incident happened five days after a platoon-strength contingent of China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) had come 10km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in the DBO sector on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there.

Chumar, which is about 300km from Leh, provides another access to Aksai Chin, an area which is under illegal occupation of China, besides from DBO.

After the incursion incident, Indo-Tibetan Border Police, the border guarding force, has beefed up its strength in the area and Army from the nearby location had increased its surveillance.

Last September, Chinese helicopters flew over Chumar with some of its troops even getting onto the ground. The troops destroyed bunkers and old tents of the Indian Army before returning to their own air space. The situation in the DBO sector, meanwhile, continued to remain tense with the PLA personnel, who have come with some dogs and vehicles, refusing to budge from the area.

I thought you were on payroll to discredit TOI. My bad.
This is not recent development as it happened on 21`st.

hope we develop tourism there soon,it is anther shangri-la.
and i hope the next time photos of this place are from Indian tourists who have a visa.

and i hope the next time photos of this place are from Indian tourists who have a visa.

I thought you were on payroll to discredit TOI. My bad.
This is not recent development as it happened on 21`st.

Now where did i read the tall banter on something of Ostrich attitude
It's a well known fact that TOI will never portray India in a bad light and instead of washing the soap before your hands, have the comprehension to check the date this news got published. !!

Hitler also had similar fantasies regarding soviet russia ... only the end result ended in his own suicide and russian flag over reitchstag.

Does Xi Jinping have his poison pill ready?.. or will it a be a gunshot into his own forehead?

Army sources release picture of Chinese incursion in Daulat Beg Oldi sector in Ladakh
7261_chinese-incursion.jpg

Sources in the Indian Army released a picture of Chinese incursion in Daulat Beg Oldi sector in Ladakh on Tuesday.

Notably, a platoon-strength contingent of China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in DBO sector, which is at an altitude of about 17,000 feet, on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there, according to highly placed sources.

India is also likely to send an Army contingent to the area to be on guard even though it wants to avoid a confrontation.

Earlier, Indian Army had sent a team of Ladakh Scouts to the Daulat Beg Oldi sector, manned by the troops of Indo—Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) soon after it was discovered that the Chinese troops had set up a camp there.
India raised the issue with China last week immediately after the incident of Chinese incursion came to light. Apart from summoning the Chinese Ambassador to South Block, the Joint Secretary in MEA, who is heading the India-China joint working mechanism to deal with issues on the boundary from the Indian side, spoke to his counterpart in Beijing last week, emphasising on the need to resolve the issue.
DBO, located in northernmost Ladakh, is an historic camp site and located on an ancient trade route connecting Ladakh to Yarkand in Xinjiang, China.
Army sources release picture of Chinese incursion in Daulat Beg Oldi sector in Ladakh - daily.bhaskar.com
Talks with China fail, more troops may be sent to Ladakh

no it's an old picture man

Back
Top Bottom