What's new

Army should be looking for a NEW Sub Machine Gun (SMG)

Yes all weapons were tested professionally, openly, fairly and under an announced program. Process of selection is on-going at this stage. I will let you know when I know more!

Thank you for the information, Insallah PA will procure the best weapon as per its need and pocket.. looking forward for more info..

Yes all weapons were tested professionally, openly, fairly and under an announced program. Process of selection is on-going at this stage. I will let you know when I know more!

XYON, any news regarding which weapon is selected, I was reading an article that stock AK-47's Russian made cheap, would Pak Army consider getting themm ???

Army is always looking for NEW weapons and not refurbished, stocked or disposable ones! There are a billion AK-47's out there for each type, but Army has to purchase a weapon that will be from new production

XYON, any news regarding which weapon is selected, I was reading an article that stock AK-47's Russian made cheap, would Pak Army consider getting themm ???

From what I have see in the last years in the pictures relaesed by ISPR, every Special Troops where equiped with the Type-59......so actually I cant see any replacement also the Troops of the Stragegic Corps are getting the Type....

GHQ succumbs to Chinese pressure and drops the program to buy a new Sub Machine Gun even after extensive testing the three models offered from Serbia, Romania and Czech Republic

GHQ succumbs to Chinese pressure and drops the program to buy a new Sub Machine Gun even after extensive testing the three models offered from Serbia, Romania and Czech Republic

Why they pressurized us to drop this program?

There were 'rumors' of this sometime back, looks like 'ab baat barh gayi hai'!

are we going for change or not, make clear dear?

I just heard some probabilities, nothing too concrete, nothing final.

But as XYON said, 'GHQ succumbs'. I guess that makes it pretty clear that the final decision has been taken.

I just heard some probabilities, nothing too concrete, nothing final.

But as XYON said, 'GHQ succumbs'. I guess that makes it pretty clear that the final decision has been taken.

& thats not good, we need a superior gun the time we face terrorists?

Two years ago the Chinese sold 10,000 Type-56 rifles to Pakistan Army at US$76 a piece. This year they are going to sell around 4000 more of the same rifles at US$100 a piece. It is also rumored that 'brother' of a GHQ leader is behind these deals! Need I elaborate more?

Why they pressurized us to drop this program?

Two years ago the Chinese sold 10,000 Type-56 rifles to Pakistan Army at US$76 a piece. This year they are going to sell around 4000 more of the same rifles at US$100 a piece. It is also rumored that 'brother' of a GHQ leader is behind these deals! Need I elaborate more?

But the type -56 is being manufactured by POF.
After the initial off the shelf sale all the rest of the type-56 supplied to PA were the POF manufactured variety.

Incorrect! POF is NOT manufacturing the Type-56 Chinese SMG! They are being purchased directly from China through Poly Technologies which is a business arm of the Chinese PLA Army.

But the type -56 is being manufactured by POF.
After the initial off the shelf sale all the rest of the type-56 supplied to PA were the POF manufactured variety.

Back
Top Bottom