What's new

Army should be looking for a NEW Sub Machine Gun (SMG)

It stands 110% confirmed from my end having it verified from authentic sources within POF. Type-56 Chinese SMG is NOT being manufactured at POF at this time. The 'sources' being quoted here to prove otherwise by 'attention-hungry novices' are quite amusing & to the least absolutely laughable! Rest you may believe what you want to believe maybe Elvis is Alive along with Osama Bin Laden, Aliens Live Amongst Us, This website is run by ISI etc etc etc :-)

XYON,

I think you should re-confirm about manufacture of Type-56 by POF. I have heard same, POF manufacturing folding-stock Type-56s.

In the last few weeks, I have been seeing alot of frontline soliders in the cantt area. 2 weeks ago I saw 2 Toyota hilux 4 x 4 packed with SSG commandos, they were carrying some heavy stuff. Russian AK-47 with folding stuck, full picatinny rails (top,bottom and the sides) with aimpoint , foregrips, some of them had grenade launcher mounted under barrel. different helmets from the regular army and elbow knee pads.......
last week I saw 6 toyota 4 x 4 packed with F.C Commandoes at petrol station for refuelling, they were exactly looking like SSg and had the same equipment. i wanted to take the pictures but the guys on watch out were giving me preety intimidating looks, since i don't like myself to be listed in Missing persons i dropped the idea :D

In the last few weeks, I have been seeing alot of frontline soliders in the cantt area. 2 weeks ago I saw 2 Toyota hilux 4 x 4 packed with SSG commandos, they were carrying some heavy stuff. Russian AK-47 with folding stuck, full picatinny rails (top,bottom and the sides) with aimpoint , foregrips, some of them had grenade launcher mounted under barrel. different helmets from the regular army and elbow knee pads.......
last week I saw 6 toyota 4 x 4 packed with F.C Commandoes at petrol station for refuelling, they were exactly looking like SSg and had the same equipment. i wanted to take the pictures but the guys on watch out were giving me preety intimidating looks, since i don't like myself to be listed in Missing persons i dropped the idea :D

From 'folding stock AK-47' you actually mean Type-56, right?
Do keep lookout for a new bullet-proof vest. ;) There are many little surprises like these awaiting ahead.

From 'folding stock AK-47' you actually mean Type-56, right?
Do keep lookout for a new bullet-proof vest. ;) There are many little surprises like these awaiting ahead.

no no sir Folding stock Ak 47 like AKM, which folds under the grip, Type -56 has the side folding stock. T-56 is seen with Soliders on security duty.
I live in Rawalpindi cant near barracks and hardly 3 km away from GHQ so this is a common sight for me.
MP JCOs are still carrying mp5

GSF and QRF, not SSG. I see them quite often as well when I am in Pindi.

There are chances that there would have been a route in place during, before or after the sighting. COAS likes to get some security!!!

MP JCOs are still carrying mp5

Agreed. MP-5 suits there purpose, they can still direct traffic and all, but still have a capable firearm at hand!

GSF and QRF, not SSG. I see them quite often as well when I am in Pindi.

There are chances that there would have been a route in place during, before or after the sighting. COAS likes to get some security!!!

Agreed. MP-5 suits there purpose, they can still direct traffic and all, but still have a capable firearm at hand!
I don't know which part are you referring to but the guys in 2 4 x 4 were SSG because they had the shoulder patch sir g.
and If you talking about F.C guys then yes they could be QRF or GSF but for F.C i guess because they had this khaki ACU.

and sir g I never said they were SSG but i said they had equipment like SSG

Pakistan needs to make their own stylish gun like US Army uses.

Have they considered the new AK-12 (a new variant)?

Comes in with better rifling of the barrel ,hence improved accuracy.Interchangeable barrel length and calibers--5.45×39mm, 5.56×45mm NATO, 7.62×39mm and 7.62×51mm NATO--adaptable.

Con----you'll need to deal with the Russians for that.

kalashnikov-rifle-246-300x216.jpg

AK-12U

1_1341362890(1).jpg

Caliber;
5.45x39, 5.56x45, 7,62x39; 7,62x51 NATO

Action;
Gas operated, rotary bolt

Length, mm;
945 / 725
Barrel length, mm;

Weight, kg;
3.3 (with no magazine)

Rate of fire, rounds/minute;
600/1000

Magazine capacity, rounds;
30 or 60.

What I think 7.62x39 mm would be a LMG.
But the Uzi is a good option having range of 200m-250m.
Is also light weight.
Costs around a thousand Dollars.

lets not derail the topic and stick with the discussion, if we want to suggest new weapon to PA , i guess we have a seperate thread for that :)

a month ago I had a word with friend in army, he told me Sarlimaz B6 was being issued to frontline troops excluding SSG , and to replace Type-56, they will be given G-3 type weapon with retractable stock and smaller barrel chambered for 7.62 x 39, by pof

Heckler & Koch G36?

sir g they refused to give them better AK type weapon and you are talking about issuing the soliders with some alien weapon ?

i haven't had a chance to read all of the posts in this thread so excuse my suggestions if they've been mentioned before or if i'm talking about the wrong type of gun.

Has anyone considered a weapon such as the kel tec rfb, i think it takes the same rounds and magazines as the g3 within a bullpup design. i'm sure pof can design & manufacture something like this and we can save money by using existing mags/ammo from the g3.

Kel Tec RFB 308 Rifle - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom