Not open for further replies.

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Army mulls legal action over BBC report
Published: October 28, 2011
RAWALPINDI (Agencies) – Pakistan military strongly denied Thursday a BBC report that alleged the Pakistani military, along with its intelligence arm, supplied and protected the Afghan Taliban and Al Qaeda.
A number of middle-ranking Taliban commanders detailed what they said was extensive Pakistani support in interviews for a BBC Two documentary series, the first part of which was broadcast Wednesday.
“We consider that this report is highly biased, it is one-sided, it doesn’t have the version of the side which is badly hit or affected by this report,” Major General Athar Abbas, spokesman for the military, told Reuters. “So therefore, other than that, it’s factually incorrect.”
He said the head of Pakistan’s spy agency, the Directorate of Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), had already said “not a single bullet or financial support” had been given to groups named in the BBC report.
Abbas said the number of attacks against the ISI by the Pakistani Taliban - about 300 ISI officials have been killed in bombings - was proof the ISI did not support militants.
Meanwhile, talking a private TV channel, Abbas said the Army reserved the right to take legal action over the report.
Army mulls legal action over BBC report | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

BBC is Propaganda Arm of Imperial British Govt. I think its high time to give notice and take action against disinformation tactics of BBC against targeted states. I may Believe Zee News or Indian channels but never BBC

Please go ahead and do it. :D

BTW, I can't wait to see the second part. The first one was fripping to say the least.

Congrats to BBC for some wonderful investigative journalism. :tup:

Yea I am Waiting to see documentry on Kashmir Mass Graves.
I liked report on Oct 1984 sikh Massacare. It exposed thruth

Yea I am Waiting to see documentry on Kashmir Mass Graves.
I liked report on Oct 1984 sikh Massacare. It exposed thruth

By all means. I too would like Amnesty International to know what we've been doing with Pakistani jihadis for the past 25 years.

I would like to know that we've been ripping the skin off their bodies after killing them.

Cutting them to pieces and feeding our Army dogs.

Taking their body limbs for soveniers.

I would love the world to know all about how we treat and manhandle the Jihadis.

Can't wait to.

1984 is well known to everyone anyways.

BTW, let's not divert the topic, shall we?

By that reasoning you should stop believing every media house in the world.

If you can't separate the grain from the chaff, your education is wasted.

I can pretty much separate the grain from the chaff my friend,,, that why i said this was the same BBC ... its better if you comment on the topic rather than indulging in personal comment & evaluating our educations... ... your comments pretty much suggest that you are unwilling to accept the fact that the same BBC was equally responsible for the creating a case against IRAQ based on really poor INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM as you put it...

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

and if the same BBC publish's a report against india.. ur the ones making loud HOOO HAAA>>. poor reporting biased and what not blah blah

Army mulls legal action over BBC report

They would be stupid to do so - it will only give the allegations made in the Opinion piece, even more coverage - just ignore it, there was no need to comment on it -- but Ghairat had to be satisfied I suppose and ofc ourse the results speak for themselves

Source-Dawn Newspaper. 19 september 2009

ISLAMABAD/PESHAWAR: The arrested commanders of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan have confessed that secret departments of India, including RAW, and Afghanistan have been providing them weapons and funds to fight against the Pakistan Army.

A report here on Saturday submitted to high officials by a joint investigation team said that 23 most wanted militant commanders including Sim Khan, Mahmood Khan and Maulvi Umer who were captured during operation Rah-e-Rast have confessed that they had been provided financial aid, weapons and special training by secret agencies from India and Afghanistan to fight against Pakistan’s security forces.

The report also divulged that some militants received special war training from Afghanistan and secret agencies of two other neighbouring countries also supported them in the plan.

It was said in the report that secret agencies from India were in contact with militants in Jalalabad, Kandahar and Mazar Sharif and the militants went to their collaborators via secret ways where they were invited to feasts and they were provided weapons and money earned by the narcotics trade.

Many arrested militant commanders have reportedly been shifted to secret locations for further investigations.—Online

BBC will not be bothered by a case in Pakistani Supreme court.They will continue exposing the truth.
Well the Indians have labelled it the Truth, then it surely must be truth. There is no room left for debate on this one.

I can pretty much separate the grain from the chaff my friend,,, that why i said this was the same BBC ... its better if you comment on the topic rather than indulging in personal comment & evaluating our educations... ... your comments pretty much suggest that you are unwilling to accept the fact that the same BBC was equally responsible for the creating a case against IRAQ based on really poor INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM as you put it...

Ahem...BBC fell for the American case as did many other media houses.

My question is, by your yardstick, you should stop taking almost any media house in the world seriously.

They're all infallible, they all make mistakes, they all lie...hence we must stop reading/listening to them all, right? :azn:

and if the same BBC publish's a report against india.. ur the ones making loud HOOO HAAA>>. poor reporting biased and what not blah blah

I'm still to come across a BBC report indicting Indian Army for supporting terrorists. Killing terrorists, may be. Supporting them, I'm waiting for that.

...as are you.

^ Some people have fallen in love with BBC, let me dig some videos in which militants confess on GEO TV about indian involvment, then we will see how biased are the Indians or as the saying goes, they believe what ever is thrown at Pakistan allegations accusations but when they come under microscope, they usually say Colonel Prohit is Under trial, he is not proven guilty yet or they will say what rubbish Pakistani media is, dragging India into every matter of theirs.!

By that reasoning you should stop believing every media house in the world.

If you can't separate the grain from the chaff, your education is wasted.

Coming this from someone who earlier just congratulated BBC on the so called wonderful investigative journalism.......what a joke?:disagree: Sucking up to the west will have no significance as far as the Afghan theater is concerned. India will always be a bi product in all of this. Hope you guys can learn the difference and accept to live with it.

Source-Dawn Newspaper. 19 september 2009

ISLAMABAD/PESHAWAR: The arrested commanders of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan have confessed that secret departments of India, including RAW, and Afghanistan have been providing them weapons and funds to fight against the Pakistan Army.

A report here on Saturday submitted to high officials by a joint investigation team said that 23 most wanted militant commanders including Sim Khan, Mahmood Khan and Maulvi Umer who were captured during operation Rah-e-Rast have confessed that they had been provided financial aid, weapons and special training by secret agencies from India and Afghanistan to fight against Pakistan’s security forces.

The report also divulged that some militants received special war training from Afghanistan and secret agencies of two other neighbouring countries also supported them in the plan.

It was said in the report that secret agencies from India were in contact with militants in Jalalabad, Kandahar and Mazar Sharif and the militants went to their collaborators via secret ways where they were invited to feasts and they were provided weapons and money earned by the narcotics trade.

Many arrested militant commanders have reportedly been shifted to secret locations for further investigations.—Online

That's text.

I have VIDEOS of Pakistani jihadis confessing in front of the whole media.

Let's not start that game yet, matey.

Point is, of all media houses, BBC still has better credibility than most others.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Coming this from someone who earlier just congratulated BBC on the so called wonderful investigative journalism.......what a joke?:disagree: Sucking up to the west will have no significance as far as the Afghan theater is concerned. India will always be a bi product in all of this. Hope you guys can learn the difference and accept to live with it.

If you're done with your rona-dhona, shall we move on to discussing the topic, matey? :azn:

or you're in the mood to continue.

Feel free if so be the case. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom