What's new

‘Army House to be besieged if Murree accord sabotaged’

March towards army house if judges not restored: Aitezaz

ABBOTABAD: President Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA), Chaudhry Aitezaz Ahsan Thurasday said the lawyers will go for a long march towards army house if the new government failed to restore deposed judges within 30 days of its formation.

Addressing a lawyers’ convention here, Aitezaz said conspiracies are being hatched against the Murree summit but “I have confidence in Pakistan People’s Party, Muslim League-N and Awami National Party.”

Sacked judge of Peshawar High Court, Dost Muhammad Khan, President High Court Bar, Abdul Latif Afridi and other lawyer leaders also spoke on the occasion.

“Those emphasizing the need for two-third parliamentary support for restoration of judiciary are in fact trying to validate the post November 3 steps,” Aitezaz Ahsan maintained.

Referring to his meeting with the US Ambassador, he said he persuaded the US administration to see the ground realities and stop its support to the dictatorship.

“We will march to army house if judges are not restored,” he reiterated, adding however that the parliament house will not be surrounded because lawyers want to see a strong parliament.

March towards army house if judges not restored: Aitezaz

Imposition of emergency was illegal, says Iftikhar

LAHORE (NNI): Deposed Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry has said that the imposition of emergency in the country by the ruler on November 03 was an illegal act and that a single individual misused his power and the uniform. The ruler used brute force against those judges who refused to take oath under PCO and sent them to home. In his telephonic address to Lahore Bar Association he said, the deposed judges rightly refused to take oath under PCO because they had taken oath to protect the constitution and independence of judiciary. He pointed out that those judges who took oath under PCO have done an illegal act and their decisions have no constitutional cover. Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry said that the people have now voted against dictatorship and in favour of the restoration of Judiciary in the February 18 elections. It is now up to the newly elected Parliament to honour the people’s voice, he observed. The deposed Chief Justice held the view that those nations and states that violate constitution and go against justice and rule of law are dismembered and destroyed. He further said that the judges who refused to take oath under the PCO are not repenting their decisions; rather they feel pride that they did not succumb to the pressure of the dictator. Now no adventurist would dare to impose Martial Law and resort to un-constitutional act, he stated. He said that only through independent judiciary, the challenges like terrorism. and extremism confronting the country can be faced. During his telephonic address a large number of lawyers including president Lahore Bar Association Manzoor Qadir and other office bearers were present. He paid glowing tributes to lawyers, political workers, civil society members and all those who stood against tyranny and injustice. He hoped that the lawyers’ struggle will bear fruit and all the sacked judges illegally will be restored and the era of dictatorship will come to an end. On this occasion he said that he disposed about 4000 Suo-Motu cases including the Steel Mills case, which reflected People’s aspirations. Aitzaz vows to restore deposed judges: President of the Supreme Court Bar Association, Ch. Aitzaz Ahsan has said that all deposed judges including Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry will not only be released but also be restored to their posts. “No constitutional crises will be created on the restoration of deposed judges,” he said while addressing Taxila Bar Association at Sarai Kala. Aitzaz said that the mistake of the deposed Chief Justice was that he was in favour of the wretched people. He said that Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry had taken suo motu actions against landlords, ‘qabza’ groups, administrations and was also in favour of poor farmers.

The Frontier Post

Respect people's mandate: Iftikhar

Amir Riaz

LAHORE-Deposed Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry has termed the outcome of February 18 elections as the people’s verdict in favour of the supremacy of Constitution and rule of law in the country.
The people have put their burden on the shoulders of political leadership and now it is up to them to respect people’s mandate, he said.
Addressing the lawyers at Lahore Bar Association through telephone, ahead of their weekly protest rally, the top judge of the country said,” The people by exercising their right of franchise have outrightly rejected November 3 extra constitutional steps, expressing their wish that they want supremacy of constitution. The people through their vote have called upon all the national institutions to strictly adhere to what has been enshrined in this sacred book. After people’s mandate, no one could dare deviate, subvert or cross its constitutional limits that were experienced in the past.”
“Parliament is the supreme body and only it had the power and not an individual, to amend the Constitution with two-thirds majority and that even the parliament cannot disturb the Islamic provisions and basic structure of the constitution”.
Justice Iftikhar said Parliament should evolve a check and balance system to maintain equilibrium between various national institutions so that no one could overlap the powers of others while the executive should follow the directions of legislature and the judiciary.
As Justice Chaudhry began delivering his speech, the barroom, that was filled to capacity, became alive and highly-charged up lawyers burst into chanting slogans: “Go Musharraf Go”, Chief Teraye Jansar Beshumar Beshumar (Chief you have countless devotees). The lawyers continued chorus of chanting slogans for 15 minutes before CJP could start his speech. Under the situation, LBA secretary Latif Saara intervened and stopped lawyers from raising slogans.
Justice Chaudhry, who opted not to take oath under PCO, said, “The decision that the seven-member SC bench had given against emergency and PCO, still holds the field”. The independent minded judges had given this decision by responding to the dictates of their conscience because they had taken oath, expressing their allegiance to the Constitution.
Mr Iftikhar made it clear that a decision violative of the Constitution, has neither the constitutional or legal significance nor does it requires to be set aside. It should be merely overlooked.
“SC in its decision had restrained the superior court judges from taking oath under PCO therefore the judges who took oath under PCO on November 3 could no way undo seven members bench verdict, adding that they (PCO judges) are not authorised or had powers to endorse all the steps taken in consequence of November 3 emergency”, he maintained.
He asserted that SC had passed the order in Justice(r) Wajih-ud-Din case on an application submitted by his counsel Aitzaz Ahsan.
Justice Chaudhry, who has been under house arrest since November 3, pointed out that under Article 199 of the constitution, it is the duty of the executive to assist SC in getting its orders implemented. But regretfully, the executive did not act upon SC’s November 3 order and surrendered before an individual.
The judges who had not taken oath under PCO are still serving judges because the constitution did not give powers to an individual to remove them.
Defending his decision of not taking oath under PCO, Justice Chaudhry said, “We (judges) can not become the part of a ‘process’ where the sacred book (constitution) had been trampled down under army boots because we had taken oath to remain subservient to the constitution. In his half-an-hour address, CJP said, “ by subverting the Constitution I can not betray the people who showered their love on me in the hour of need. No one is above the law. The nations who do not respect their constitutions are wiped off the world map.
Justice Chaudhry paid homage to his colleague judges who declined to take oath under PCO on November 3, adding that they remained stuck to their allegiance to the Constitution. He made it clear that all the extra constitutional steps taken on November 3 were meant to perpetuate illegal regime of an individual.
Mr Chaudhry also lauded the role played by the lawyers for the restoration and independence of the judiciary, saying that their relentless struggle will bear fruit and the November 2 judges and the Constitution in its original form would be restored soon.
He said the judiciary had always been kept under pressure since inception of Pakistan but now the things have changed drastically because the people have stood up against the dictatorship and gave support to independent-minded judges.
“The circumstances have taken a turn and I believe that no one could dare impose martial law and subvert the constitution now and in future”, he opined.
He said he and other judges had been illegally detained but,” I assure them that in the end they will emerge as victorious and people will remember them forever.”
According to Mr Iftikhar, the country is passing through crucial time of its six decades history and now it is up to the new political leadership to bring the country out of this difficult situation.
Appreciating the ongoing lawyers’ movement, he said,” What they have done for the country will be written with golden words in history books”.
Justice Chaudhry also thanked the civil society, students, doctors and other sections of people for supporting the just cause of lawyers.

The Nation

Days of martial law over, Iftikhar tells lawyers

By Syed Faisal Shakeel

LAHORE, March 20: Deposed Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry said on Thursday there was no room now for imposition of martial law and abrogation of the Constitution in the country.

Addressing the Lahore Bar Association by telephone ahead of a weekly protest rally, he said the judiciary had been under pressure since the inception of Pakistan.

“But now things have changed drastically because people have rejected the dictatorship and supported independent judges,” he said.

The barroom echoed with slogans in favour of the deposed chief justice and against President Pervez Musharraf.

Justice Chaudhry said the Supreme Court’s seven-member bench verdict against the imposition of emergency and PCO still held the ground.

“A decision violative of the Constitution, neither has constitutional and legal significance nor required a fiat for setting it aside. It should be ignored completely,” he said.

“The SC in its decision had restrained superior court judges from taking the oath under the PCO. Therefore, the judges who took the oath under the PCO on Nov 3 could not undo the verdict of the seven-members bench against the Nov 3 emergency,” he added

He said the people of Pakistan had given their verdict on Feb 18 in favour of the supremacy of the Constitution, making it obligatory for the political leadership to respect their mandate.

“Only the parliament, the supreme body, has the power to amend the Constitution with a two-thirds majority but it also could not disturb the Islamic provisions and basic structure of the Constitution,” the chief justice said.

Justice Iftikhar said the parliament should evolve a system of maintaing a balance among various state institutions.

He said it should be ensured that the executive followed directives of the legislature and the judiciary in letter and spirit.

Justice Chaudhry said that under Article 199 of the Constitution it was the duty of the executive to assist the SC in getting its orders implemented. But regretfully, the executive did not act upon the Supreme Court’s Nov 3 order and surrendered before an individual. Defending his decision of not taking oath under the PCO, the deposed chief justice said: “We (the judges) could not become part of a process where the sacred book (Constitution) is trampled upon under boots of the army, by virtue of our oath of allegiance to the Constitution.”

He said he would have betrayed the people, who cared for him in the hour of need, had he involved himself in any way with the subversion of the Constitution.

“No one is above the law. Nations who do not respect their constitutions are wiped of the world map,” he added.

He paid tribute to his colleagues, who declined to take oath under the PCO on Nov 3 and said that they had remained true to their allegiance to the Constitution. He said all extra-constitutional steps taken on Nov 3 were meant to perpetuate the illegitimate rule of an individual.

Justice Iftikhar said the country stood at a critical juncture and the new political leadership needed to handle the situation prudently. He lauded the civil society, students, doctors and people from different walks of life for supporting the lawyers’ movement.

Days of martial law over, Iftikhar tells lawyers -DAWN - Top Stories; March 21, 2008

I couldn't be more pleased if they beseiged army house, in fact i would make dua so that they do, with Aitaz Ahsan as thier head. This movement would be finished off overnight, the next morning we would see corpses where there were these snakes.

I couldn't be more pleased if they beseiged army house, in fact i would make dua so that they do, with Aitaz Ahsan as thier head. This movement would be finished off overnight, the next morning we would see corpses where there were these snakes.

What is wrong with you man. Talking about praying that the Army House is beseiged. May be you forget the history and pride the Pakistani people have for that place. Only people who have vowed to service Pakistan enter that house. Before critizing the Army as it seems to me you are doing you should remember what they have done for you, for me and for all Pakistanis. Everytime we have faced a threat these soldier line up on our borders and are willing to die just so that we may be free. Before critizing the Army you should criticize these politicians that we are blessed to have.
And let me make one thing very clear if these soldiers can die for me I am willing to return the favour. Any attempts to harm the Army will be met with an iron fist, and will be crushed.
As far as Aitizaz Ahsan and his blackcoats are concerned. They are playing the game for foreign powers. People say these lawyers represent the middle class I ask them, can the middle class afford to not go to work for a month or more. The and their movement is being funded and we all know who is funding them.

Having re-read my comments i can understand how you became confused.

I love the army, it's the lawyers I consider snakes who I want killed.

If they appraochjed army house I am pretty sure just that would happen.

:lol: i was wondering while coming across this old thread, if Mr Aitzaz will have guts now to besieg Zardari house for sabotaging Murree Accord.

:lol: i was wondering while coming across this old thread, if Mr Aitzaz will have guts now to besieg Zardari house for sabotaging Murree Accord.

jana
Sooner or later if the PPP Government keeps wriggling on this issue, there will be confrontation. Aitazaz Ahsan will either have to confront Zardari or resign as President Bar Assoication. If the master can renege on deals, so can the servant. This may be a big opportunity for Aitazaz to come into national limelight, I dont think he will let it go so easily.
#WaSalam
Araz

Back
Top Bottom