What's new

Army gets Rs 10,000 cr for infrastructure development in North-East

I am sorry but i object to such blanket statements. I have acquaintances with quite a few people from this department and i can assure you, just like any other organization, there are good and bad apples. I have first hand knowledge of some fine projects implemented by this department. There are civilian officials as well as defense personnel deputed on a regular basis. During calamities like the tsunami, not only did they assist evacuations in the Andaman island, they also got the infrastructure up and running as well.

But tragically, our country has more bad apples than good ones in the right positions. Do you really think that these acquaintances will show you the true colors of their own self and that of their colleagues to you? It would be a guillotine for them, friend. Most of them put that intelligent cap on and make people slide with their talks. I tell this because one of my own known persons was caught in an ugly fashion; and he was a very respected dude in our area.

Re-making the infrastructure after disaster is their job. That's what they are supposed to do and paid to do; there's nothing special about it that one must be grateful about. Andaman and Nicobar except Port Blair is still stuck in medieval era. Same goes for Lakshadweep. How would this government bring these islands to at least Gangtok's level, if not Delhi's or Bangalore's levels?

But tragically, our country has more bad apples than good ones in the right positions. Do you really think that these acquaintances will show you the true colors of their own self and that of their colleagues to you? It would be a guillotine for them, friend. Most of them put that intelligent cap on and make people slide with their talks. I tell this because one of my own known persons was caught in an ugly fashion; and he was a very respected dude in our area.

Re-making the infrastructure after disaster is their job. That's what they are supposed to do and paid to do; there's nothing special about it that one must be grateful about. Andaman and Nicobar except Port Blair is still stuck in medieval era. Same goes for Lakshadweep. How would this government bring these islands to at least Gangtok's level, if not Delhi's or Bangalore's levels?

I have never claimed that every person working in that department or any other department as a matter of fact is honest to the core. What i am against is people making blanket claims. I know quite a few people, caught in inter departmental inquiries. But then i also know people, who have given their best, day in and day out. It is quite fashionable to stand aside and take pot shots at people working for the government or the defence forces. I agree that corruption, has rooted deep into the Indian system, but honest people still exist, and it should not be forgotten.

Yes i understand that re-making the infrastructure after a calamity is a part of their job,which they admirably did. Their jurisdiction lies within the army/air force/navy areas, not the civilian areas. This was just an example that i quoted. There were two officers that inspite of being given permission to leave the island, after loosing their families(wives and children), decided to stay put and help other families. Money does not buy such kind of dedication.

Back
Top Bottom