What's new

Army foils infiltration bid in Jammu and Kashmir, militant killed

When was this? I missed this news. Can you send me a link.

Here...
About the future of US-led forces in Afghanistan, Kerry said, “We are drawing down, not withdrawing.”
Article Window

The U.S would most likely leave about a division worth of troops in Afghanistan including spec ops teams, attack and utility helicopter wings, and logistic support elements. Add to this, training teams along with the Germans numbering about a thousand troops.

It must be realized that the US will never leave Afghanistan in a vacuum. They are here to stay, as the economic and strategic stakes are too high to leave it to the wolves.

INFILTRATION BID FOILED IN TANGDHAR

Tangdhar, Kupwara, 02 August 2013 Army foiled an infiltration bid & killed one militant while seriously injuring the other on the Line of control in the Tangdhar Sector of Kupwara in operations on the night of 01 and 02 Aug 2013. Based on inputs regarding movement of militants in the area , troops deployed in Tangdhar sector of Kupwara detected movement of two militants on own side of the Line of Control in the wee hours of 31 Jul 13. The troops cordoned the area. Heavy fog with intermittent rains delayed the operations throughout the day. By night, when the weather started to clear, the two militants were observed by own troops, who on being detected opened fire on own troops. The retaliatory fire by the troops resulted in elimination of one terrorist and seriously injuring the other terrorist. The dead body of the killed terrorist has been recovered while the search for the second injured terrorist is still in progress. One AK 47, ammunition and the war like stories were recovered on search.

--IA

2 more encounters are going on in Lolab and Tangdhar in Kupwara district. Lets hope more militants are killed today.
You make it sound like its a match being played with a kids cricket club! And they're running out of batsmen fast!! :undecided: :lol: Our googlies are too much for them to handle!! :P :D

Nothing new in that. Thats the plan form starting.
Nearly 3000 US army personnel and some CIA bases will be there even after 2014.

Here...
Article Window

The U.S would most likely leave about a division worth of troops in Afghanistan including spec ops teams, attack and utility helicopter wings, and logistic support elements. Add to this, training teams along with the Germans numbering about a thousand troops.

It must be realized that the US will never leave Afghanistan in a vacuum. They are here to stay, as the economic and strategic stakes are too high to leave it to the wolves.

It has always sounded crazy to me that US would leave a country to bite the dust by simply withdrawing all of its armed forces. It must leave a small number to ensure that the country does survive and let some strong leader emerge.
I hope they do a sensible withdrawal. I don't want Taliban to raise again in Afghanistan.

It has always sounded crazy to me that US would leave a country to bite the dust by simply withdrawing all of its armed forces. It must leave a small number to ensure that the country does survive and let some strong leader emerge.
I hope they do a sensible withdrawal. I don't want Taliban to raise again in Afghanistan.

Number of troops will around 3000 but their firepower, air support and the omnipotent DRONES will be there.

Back
Top Bottom