What's new

Army Deploys APC in Lahore

Money for Kashmir from Pakistani taxpayer has been spent on there lavish lifestyle

Tricksters & fraudsters.
Yes, M-113 armed with Bullet sprayer cannon, not a T-59 neither any other tank to show presence, so the conspiracy theory can stand at the fact that 12.7mm bullets are cheaper in cost than a 105 HEAT round of L-7 gun of T-59.

I am thinking that G1 Ops from 4 Corps HQ made the call to POF before deploying the poor APC.

Lt Col (G-1 Ops, 4 Corps HQ) " whats the cost of 12.7mm Vs a round of L-7 tank gun".
POF Wah Cantt," Sir, 12.7mm round is Rs xx, but tank ammo is Rs XX".

Lt Col (G-1 Ops, 4 Corps HQ) calls COS 4 Corps HQ.

Lt Col (G-1 Ops, 4 Corps HQ)," Sir Rs xx for 12.7mm, Rs XX for tank ammo".
COS 4-Corps,"Go for cheapest option, cheap public gets cheap rounds in chest".
Lt Col (G-1 Ops, 4 Corps HQ),"Right Sir".

Lt Col (G-1 Ops, 4 Corps HQ) calls BM Armored Brigade," Send a M-113 from MIB with rounds made pre-2000."
BM Armored Brigade," Wilco".

BM briefs Armd Bde Commander and he calls Lt Col (G-1 Ops, 4 Corps HQ) for confirmation.

Armd BDE Comd to CO MIB Regt," One M-113, fuelled, stacked up, ready to be deployed on chowk, armed only with 12.7mm bullets for cheap public".

CO MIB Regt," Yes sir, One M-113 coming up into Lahore".

L/Nk on M-113 12.7mm gun, thinking," Cheap public gets cheap bullets but the belt is empty even though I feel I am sitting on top a tank".

This taaja hawaldar mentality within the ranks and files of military is what doing the job well done. 4 pahiyo'n vali gaari khaari kr dytyy maksad poora ho jana tha not this tank chesis
Look closely, Vigo is standing.

Jawans should stay out of politics and stay in barracks. Standing on the roads as a Political-Show -of-Force is not what they were trained for.

That defies their purpose. Will you trust somebody who changes his mood based on current poitical sentiments? @Jinn Baba explained very well how these things work.

There should be a clear separation by anyone criticizing between individuals and institutions.

Logo k Bachay uthanay vali ? Gaari hai ya daaiyan?
Toyota serves its purpose. Being a "technical " is always a plus. Plus Hilux chassis is proven, no wonder they used same for Fortuner. On top of that, Lakkar Hazam, Pathar Hazam 2.8 L Diesel engine.

Can't blame IK entirely.

PTI should have gotten to complete it's term! And he may not admit it - but IKs p1ssed that he did everything they asked and they still screwed him over.

He's now making sure that he comes back to power stronger than before and he knows its now or never - because they will find ways to defeat him the longer the time passes.

After this whole fiasco, we need a constitutional change. This removal of PM through a no-confidence vote should be tossed out. I also prefer the power lies with the president, and people have the right to choose their leader; similar to the US, the worst form of government is the parlimaterian system; see the British idiots screaming and yelling like fools.

There should be a clear separation by anyone criticizing between individuals and institutions.

Rights & interests of citizens come before any so-called institution.

Remember, institutions were created and are funded for the general good of citizens and not the other way around.

Toyota serves its purpose. Being a "technical " is always a plus. Plus Hilux chassis is proven, no wonder they used same for Fortuner. On top of that, Lakkar Hazam, Pathar Hazam 2.8 L Diesel engine.

Reminds me of the good ol days of being a student. My father would give me money to get cloths and stuff ----- which I did use to buy but not from the outlets he'd expect. Instead the procurement was usually done from androon shehar and even landa so I could spend the rest on eating karahis and other edibles for a prolonged period of time .

The only difference between ditching a brand and ditching an mrap is that the collateral damage resulting from the former is the quality of attires but from the later the lives of soldiers.

Rights & interests of citizens come before any so-called institution.

Remember, institutions were created and are funded for the general good of citizens and not the other way around.

The so called instituition is the awaam.

Instituion has always put the interests of awaam first. Individuals are at fault, not the intituition.

The APC is part of armory, it works side by side with tanks.

Also, it has a gun mounted on top of it with armor/metal piercing rounds

It is only used in war time, and here the establishment has deployed it in front of unarmed peaceful protestors.

I think we are all taking this wrong way, these armored vehicles are going to liberate Indian occupied Kashmir, their navigation equipment malfunctioned so they somehow ended up in Lahore. Inconvenience is regretted.

I think we are all taking this wrong way, these armored vehicles are going to liberate Indian occupied Kashmir, their navigation equipment malfunctioned so they somehow ended up in Lahore. Inconvenience is regretted.

Rather for a far far bigger objective. These APCs in fact came out to start Ghazwa e Hind...... Alas.

I seriously fail to understand why this is so hard for you people to comprehend.

So let me ask you - what happens if these protestors gain access to areas containing sensitive military equipment? What happens if they light up an ammo dump or start attacking soldiers? What happens when the rest of the world - that already thinks Pakistans nukes aren't safe - sees a large charged crowd barging into a major military cantonment? What happens if along with these crowds - a suicide bomber also gets through? What happens if this crowd starts attacking military personnel or their families? What happens if this isn't just confined to Lahore cantt, but spreads to other sites like Kahuta or Wah or perhaps an AF base? Lahore Cantt isn't just a housing society!!!

And once a precedent is set - who is going to stop others from doing the same? What happens when one of the "religious" parties wants to protest next? What happens if MQM wants to enter Karachi Cantt, BLA wants to enter Quetta Cantt, ANP or JUIF wants to enter Peshawar Cantt, or PPP wants to enter Multan Cantt, or PMLN wants to enter ISI HQ or GHQ??? And how will you then convince the world that your nukes or military assets are safe when every Tom Dick and Harry can simply barge into military cantonments or bases?

This cannot be allowed to happen! Use your brains!!! And these are the reasons it is not allowed to happen in Pakistan or anywhere else in the world!!!

If you want to protest against the Army and think a cantonment is the right place to do it - then protest outside! Hold the biggest protest in Pakistans history for all I care. But you do not get to enter, and you should not get to enter.

This whole post oozes of self righteousness, arrogance and delusions of self importance.
Whenever so-called sacred institutions stepped out of line too far , things happened that you have mentioned above. Try to remember East Pakistan in 1971, Afghanistan in 2021, Syria in 2013 , Iran in 1977 and many many more.

The only thing saving the sacred institution in Pakistan is its total control on broadcast & print media.

This whole post oozes of self righteousness, arrogance and delusions of self importance.
Whenever so-called sacred institutions stepped out of line too far , things happened that you have mentioned above. Try to remember East Pakistan in 1971, Afghanistan in 2021, Syria in 2013 , Iran in 1977 and many many more.

The only thing saving the sacred institution in Pakistan is its total control on broadcast & print media.

The thing with all the other countries that you listed, is that they are all non-nuclear.

The moment it becomes remotely clear that the army isn’t capable of securing their nukes, foreign powers will use it as a clear gambit to denuclearise.

If pk were non nuclear, then of course, storming cantonements would be less of an issue. But this isn’t the case, and Pakistan has to make sure that it’s nuclear image is safe from the pilfering of its enemies

Back
Top Bottom