What's new

Army denies selling arms to Myanmar

Can Indian army sell weapons it had purchased from third party if yes then is Indian govt part of such deals?

Depends on weapon system. For example there was a talk of UAE mirages to be in market for resale. But army cannot do it by its will, it would have to follow the orders of govt.

About sale to Myanmar, army did not sell weapons to them, or so it said. We would have to wait for the result of inquiries to know the truth, if at all.

Depends on weapon system. For example there was a talk of UAE mirages to be in market for resale. But army cannot do it by its will, it would have to follow the orders of govt.

About sale to Myanmar, army did not sell weapons to them, or so it said. We would have to wait for the result of inquiries to know the truth, if at all.

:agree: this give room for more questions.

1. Your first two lines are very correct hence my question why the Indian govt did NOT respond the Swedish instead of the Indian Army .

2. The Indian army did not sell the weapons to Myanmar but these ended up there so that is yet to investigated as you said.

We must arm Myanmar with thousands of such weapons so that they can bust Rohingya(Illegal Bangladeshis) terrorists from their soil.:tup:

:agree: this give room for more questions.

1. Your first two lines are very correct hence my question why the Indian govt did NOT respond the Swedish instead of the Indian Army .

Swedish government earlier this week sought explanation from the Indian government over the controversial find, which is in violation of the arms embargo imposed on the Myanmar’s military junta. Carl Gustav is manufactured by Swedish firm Saab.

A senior Army officer told TOI that the Army has never sold any lethal weapons to any foreign country.

Swedish govt asked Indian govt. The army didn't respond to Sweden, but an officer talked to TOI. We dont know anything about Indian govt's reply to Sweden.

2. The Indian army did not sell the weapons to Myanmar but these ended up there so that is yet to investigated as you said.
I think you meant to ask how did those weapon ended there, when army did not sell them. And you answered it, that it is under investigation!

We must arm Myanmar with thousands of such weapons so that they can bust Rohingya(Illegal Bangladeshis) terrorists from their soil.:tup:

Sorry mate - lookup Rohingyas - they are as much sons of the soil when compared to other Burmese and these people have undergone discrimination for the past 200 years. Myanmar will kick any minorities' *** - Rohingyas, Chinese Burmese, Indian Burmese - look up their history.

What Myanmar does is ethically wrong but India's hands are tied due to geopolitics.

Sorry mate - lookup Rohingyas - they are as much sons of the soil when compared to other Burmese and these people have undergone discrimination for the past 200 years. Myanmar will kick any minorities' *** - Rohingyas, Chinese Burmese, Indian Burmese - look up their history.
Good,I am not telling them to spare Indians or Chinese.

Good,I am not telling them to spare Indians or Chinese.

They did not - I have a friend - a school friend - whose father came with just few rupees back in 1960s after being a very rich man in Burma. The Indian Burmese were kicked out in 1960s - The main reason why diplomatic ties were almost severed for 3 decades - Likewise thousands of Chinese Burmese were kicked out in late 1960s - Both India and China were helpless but China was more pragmatic of the two until India realised that she is losing and Rao did a turnaround in 1990s with the Look East policy.

Does it also mean that the weapons being used by the Taliban have been issued by the Pak Army? Most types of weapons can now be procured from local arms bazaars. Many are locally manufactured in illegal homegrown units.

The Swedes should therefore tone down their rhetoric and stop making a song and dance on the issue.

I guess you missed highlighted part

The DGMO (directorate general of military operations) is checking up,” another source said, when asked how a rifle, carrying serial number of a weapon system sold to the Indian Army, turned up in Myanmar.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...enies-selling-arms-myanmar.html#ixzz2FNtkQix0

Chill out dude, it was in response to Kraits post, was just pulling his leg.

Its really weird you think "Sikh", "Muslim", "Christian" officers became generous. Maybe this is the mindset that prevents minorities from getting ahead in Pakistan. We are not really as emo or as unstable as your general populace. When it comes to security we have consensus. As for your implication, it really is just stupid.

The first step to being healed is to acknowledge that you really are dysfunctional.

Back
Top Bottom