What's new

Army Chief visits POF WAH

I think Army and other forces are looking to privatize their industries??? or not?

i will like to post the pic of new g3.....

Attachments

• IMG_20150314_210153.jpg
    IMG_20150314_210153.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 114
\Press Release
No PR81/2015-ISPR Dated: April 6, 2015
Rawalpindi - April 6, 2015: General Raheel Sharif, Chief of Army Staff visited Pakistan Ordnance Factories, Wah today. COAS was given detailed briefing by Chairman POF Wah about performance of their chain of factories and future expansion plans till 2020.The envisaged modernization and increase in the production capacity will enhance standard of manufacturing and save foreign exchange, the COAS was told.
COAS had a detailed visit of the manufacturing facilities. While addressing the management and staff, he said that POF is the premier defense industry of Pakistan making invaluable contributions to sustain combat worthiness of Pakistan Armed Forces. He specially appreciated POF efforts to meet total requirement of arms and ammunition for ongoing Ops Zarbe Azb. While appreciating the current management of POF for their dedication to optimize the out put , COAS emphasized the need for technological upgradation and maximum indigenisation to attain total self reliance in the field of defense production.

View attachment 212478

So it took Gen Raheel to come for Modernization and expansion of POF!! Were the previous COAS sleeping?

So it took Gen Raheel to come for Modernization and expansion of POF!! Were the previous COAS sleeping?
Work started under kiyani and now Raheel can see the results but it will completely happen in 2020

Well I hope he is right ask him what are alternate we are interested in ??
Well since it was a phone conversation, he was quite ambiguous, but they are seriously evaluating a number of platforms. Which ones? I don't know.

You know, a good way to increase capital for these firms would be to make them public-private.....offer the shares on the Stock Exchange......with Government maintaining it's majority controlling stake. They can raise capital for POF/HIT and hence increase the quality/infrastructure.

Back
Top Bottom