What's new

Army chief chairs meeting of Formation Commanders

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

RAWALPINDI: A meeting of Formation Commanders got underway at the GHQ today (Wednesday), SAMAA reported.

Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif was presiding over the meeting which is reportedly reviewing overall national security of the country and situation at Pakistan’s borders.

The meeting comes when Taliban-claimed attacks on Karachi airport raise questions about the authorities’ ability to secure key facilities in the face of a resurgent enemy.

Sunday’s all-night battle at old terminal building left 39 dead while Tuesday’s attack on a security checkpost was repulsed.

In apparent retaliation, military launched airstrikes in Khyber Agency, killing 25 suspected terrorist and destroying nine "terrorist hideouts" on Tuesday.

The dramatic siege by heavily armed militants piled pressure on the government to act.

Yesterday, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, while presiding over a meeting of national security committee in Islamabad, directed security agencies to heighten security at key state installations. - SAMAA
Army chief chairs meeting of Formation Commanders

National security has already been breached by the corrupt & traitor politicians.

I am seeing Martial Law in near future especially during the operation in Wazirastan. I hope emergency is declared soon and we got rid of these corrupt politicians #FeelingExcited

Army needs to be given free hand not only inside Pakistan but also if they need to cross the border and strike. This is the only way otherwise we are not going to see results.

I am seeing Martial Law in near future especially during the operation in Wazirastan. I hope emergency is declared soon and we got rid of these corrupt politicians #FeelingExcited

hmm frankly enough that to is my prediction if martial law is not implemented then ji pti and nleague will voice concern over operation like always and then we army will be left divided. dont you think.

hmm frankly enough that to is my prediction if martial law is not implemented then ji pti and nleague will voice concern over operation like always and then we army will be left divided. dont you think.
yes NS should approve and start operation As Soon As Possible

To be honest Pak-Army needs to get more active, they don't need to ask permission or pass time-wasting bills.

Media shouldn't air such sensitive news. They shouldn't know that operation is coming before it starts. And Afghanistan border should be blocked before the start.

: It is a clear fact that sometimes in pursuit of peace; the treacherous road to “war” has to be taken. After recent terrorists’ attacks, and thereafter, the TTP proudly claiming responsibility of these cowardly acts would leave no nation any choice but to go after those who threaten the safety of its people. The air strikes by Pakistani military in response to the recent attacks send a stern message to those who are working against our peace objectives in the region. We stand united with Pakistan as it pursues all options to bring about sustained peace in a volatile region.

Abdul Quddus
DET-United States Central Command

Back
Top Bottom