What's new

Army being targeted to weaken Pakistan: Musharraf

Retired Army Officers carry a lot respect in the eyes of serving Army soldiers (esp. officers). So opening old cases will just cause a conflict b/w Army and Judiciary which will divert our attention from important and solvable cases such as target killings and blah blah.

I don't buy this theory yar CIA chief just lost his job, serving US commander Gen Allen is also facing investigations for sending few emails and we are making issue of respect for those who retired 15-20 years ago this is nonsense.

Musharaf had his chance to fix things for nearly 10 years.

What can he do now that he couldn't fix in 10 years of rule.

He should enjoy his retirement.

Well so are we all happy with the current situation? Is everything smooth in Pakistan? Is violence in the cities down? Is our economy doing better than before?
During President Musharraf's rule our economy was in much better shape. Karachi was much peaceful. The US $ to Pak Rupees was stable at around US$1=RS.60. Now look at it.
People here who think that Imran Khan will come and solve all the matters, just open your eyes. Already he has taken in his party corrupt politicians who left their old parties to join him from both PPP and PML.
I agree he is a good honest person, but he is a naive politician and he needs people like President Musharraf to work with him. Not those corrupt lota politicians who will leave him as soon as they see him going down.

Overall President Musharraf did what he thought was best for Pakistan and he made mistakes which he accepts himself. Who else in Pakistan has ever accepted his mistakes while they ruled?

Well so are we all happy with the current situation? Is everything smooth in Pakistan? Is violence in the cities down? Is our economy doing better than before?
During President Musharraf's rule our economy was in much better shape. Karachi was much peaceful. The US $ to Pak Rupees was stable at around US$1=RS.60. Now look at it.
People here who think that Imran Khan will come and solve all the matters, just open your eyes. Already he has taken in his party corrupt politicians who left their old parties to join him from both PPP and PML.
I agree he is a good honest person, but he is a naive politician and he needs people like President Musharraf to work with him. Not those corrupt lota politicians who will leave him as soon as they see him going down.

Overall President Musharraf did what he thought was best for Pakistan and he made mistakes which he accepts himself. Who else in Pakistan has ever accepted his mistakes while they ruled?

Sir, all I am saying is that Musharraf is not the only qualified person in Pakistan. We are a country with 200 million people and surely we have a lot of talented people who can move our country forward. I would prefer to support Imran Khan and see if he can put together a team of qualified people to develop our country.

army per se is not being targeted but the incumbent CoAS is being targeted. there is a clash brewing between the GHQ and the judges.
cases against the brothers of the CoAS business activities are being challenged in court.
the 3-yr extension given by the present govt to the CoAS is also being challenged in court.

the army may feel that its authority and credibility is being undermined. any adverse ruling by the courts esp in the extension of service of the CoAS may lead to the army taking more un-constitutional actions and then all hell will break lose.....its a deepening crisis.

army per se is not being targeted but the incumbent CoAS is being targeted. there is a clash brewing between the GHQ and the judges.
cases against the brothers of the CoAS business activities are being challenged in court.
the 3-yr extension given by the present govt to the CoAS is also being challenged in court.

the army may feel that its authority and credibility is being undermined. any adverse ruling by the courts esp in the extension of service of the CoAS may lead to the army taking more un-constitutional actions and then all hell will break lose.....its a deepening crisis.

The Army will not allow any real challenge to its hold on power. If it feels that its authority and credibility are being challenged, it will try to work behind the scenes to avoid a showdown, but if those efforts do not succeed, overt action cannot be far behind, just like many times in the past.

Musharraf tried his level best to degrade Army in the eyes of general Pakistani public and he has been very successful in doing so... It take years to create a reputation and you get one bad general and everything is dusted. Kiyani all these years were in damage control mode but it will take years to restore that faith.

Overt actions dont seem likely in the current atmosphere. People or judges or politicos wont accept it unless Army practically threatens them.

Overt actions dont seem likely in the current atmosphere. People or judges or politicos wont accept it unless Army practically threatens them.

I agree that overt action is not likely, but I am sure it will be used if the covert actions fail to keep everyone toeing the Army line.

Fuk Musharraf and his statements. The present problems in this country came from him.

Musharraf was a great leader, I agree but the decisions he took in 2007 - 2008 to expand his government were not good.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom