What's new

Army Act Amendment : New chapter included in the Army Act 1952

Any action must be warranted by logic or reason.

No logic and no reason has been provided by the government. It only lends credibility to Sheikh Rashid when he said COAS and Government will remain for 3 years(extension period). Unless ofcourse you can prove that extra ordinary circumstance exist which then would be hard to explain with American Indians running around Pakistan shooting videos for YouTube.
ok, humor me on this! Is this good enough for you?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/12/3...uclear-india-pakistan-edging-closer-war-2020/

lets go with 50:50

So 50 percent of the time you like to abuse people with physical and mental disabilities and 50 percent of your time is spent on verbal and online abuse of people you do not agree with?

So 50 percent of the time you like to abuse people with physical and mental disabilities and 50 percent of your time is spent on verbal and online abuse of people you do not agree with?
are you now doing my character assassination? I guess its warranted!

I like Gen Qamar Bajwa. Pak have achieved a lot under Imran Bajwa duo. Pak needs stability. If PM agrees to extend job of army cheif per law, courts should not meddle in this. Courts should stay under their jurisdiction.
Good news for Pak n economy

we have few persons with painful aches, fortunately.

lets go with 50:50
This extension could very well be related to Afg talks. God knows the story behind the Indian Kashmir Act and what the real story is going on behind. Also, if the story of F-16 b70 is correct then all this has to stretch till USA elections !!!

There are hundreds of possibilities behind all this scenerio which we all can never deduce to be close to real !!!

are you now doing my character assassination? I guess its warranted!

It was an assumption finished off with a question mark. Just like yours that i intend to character assassinate you

No this is not good enough for me. It only highlights that while India has troops mobilised and Indian ministers whipping up Indians on war hysteria. It does not highlight any steps taken by the Pakistani government that may highlight escalations. Pakistani politicians are busy amending accountability laws
don't get angry buddy! if its not good enough for you then that's too bad. I am not here to massage your ego.

It was an assumption finished off with a question mark. Just like yours that i intend to character assassinate you
well you know what they say about assumptions!

And we must not forget, Sir Bajwa had succeeded Sir Raheel Sharif and has been successful General, you could call him even more successful than RS.

He had to overlook BLA, TTP, PTM, Kashmir (LOC), CPEC, Media propagandas, and internal political unrest (which is 50% of all combined work) .

At this point, it seems quite slippery to let him retire !!!

He must have at least 2 more years and then safely let someone succeed him

don't get angry buddy! if its not good enough for you then that's too bad. I am not here to massage your ego.

well you know what they say about assumptions!

That was it? You must show more dedication if you yourself believe that war is imminent.

It will block the progression in higher brass in Army.
No, it won't do that. Only one general is impacted, the one who loses out on the COAS position due to extension. The rest of the higher brass is not impacted since they will continue to serve till they retire or are dismissed from service.

That was it? You must show more dedication if you yourself believe that war is imminent.
look, I can't make you believe anything! importantly it's not my job to. BUT I am NOT backing away from what I said!!

The government has not taken any steps that may prove that these are special circumstance or the threat of war is real when the urgency is simply not their on part of the government.
The government shouldn't have to prove anything. The whole point of civilian supremacy is that the elected government gets to pick whomever it wants to run the 3 branches of the military & the CJCSC office. So if the government wants to give an extension to any chief, then that is their prerogative.

look, I can't make you believe anything! importantly it's not my job to. BUT I am NOT backing away from what I said!!

It is not your job. It is governments job to make people believe that war is imminent and such extraordinary measures are warranted.

I guess " Mulk ek intehai nazuk daur se guzar raha hai " or otherwise worded " doctrine of necessity " is still pretty much relevant today.

You are however entitled to your opinion with and without the exclamation marks.

At least they need to add an important sentence in the amendment that the extension will be awarded in the very exceptional cases or the rarest of the rare, in a real war (not some imaginary BS war that people talk about here) or due to shear absence of a "compatible candidate" for the chief's post than the existing chief. Also the extension should be initially for only one year with a possibility for two more extensions of one year, and before the end of every year of extension the situation/conditions should be re-examined to decide whether per-requisites for further extension are still applicable or have gone absent.

I am generally against this "extension" BS, stagnant water of river generally become stinky while the steadily flowing water remains fresh.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom