What's new

Army Act Amendment : New chapter included in the Army Act 1952

Mental health is a serious issue! Seek help.

You can tolerate a President, a Prime Minister with mental health issue but not a meager troll?

fascist much!! always seeking the enemy within not looking the writing on the wall that it is OVER

Then look at how previous extensions have worked out, both in Pakistan and other more mature democracies.

That is the only data you can look at - anything else, whether your or my views, are assumptions.

How is the institution going to get 'rifts'? Did the institution get 'rifts' when Kayani was given an extension?

What is the reason behind these alleged 'rifts'? Quite frankly, if there are people in the Army who have issues with the government giving an extension to Bajwa, and they're actively promoting dissent within the Army, then they need to be identified and subjected to a FCM because they are not fit to serve in the PA.
Teri is sadgi py Mar he jata agar aitbar hota, any way ask Bajwa and Ik to arrest Moulana Fazal ur Rehman , he will tell who was behind his March, and for your information hanooooz Qadian door assst, its a false fantasy Better stick to Book,

amending law for one person will weaken Pak army

O
you clearly have a personal axe to grind! is the nation as a whole ok with it? ask yourself that question!
Pakistan is my 2nd Homeland so i can assure i dont have any hidden agenda my friend,
but i have habit of trying to understand both sides of coin before passing any judgements or following blindly.

O

Pakistan is my 2nd Homeland so i can assure i dont have any hidden agenda my friend,
but i have habit of trying to understand both sides of coin before passing any judgements or following blindly.
what do you say now? after what's happened in 24hrs!!

amending law for one person will weaken Pak army
Its not being done for one person. The amendment allows for all military members of the NSC (CJCSC, CoAS, CNS, and CAS to have the same retirement age/extension tenure i.e. at most two 3 year terms not to exceed 64 years of age) AND all of this is at the discretion of the democratically elected government of the day.

i think before gen bajwa extension issue was raised in sc govt has no intention for this but it is done mainly for gen bajwa and other generals are given extension to keep them calm and support gen bajwa,for armed forces more older age is not good these days when people become older earlier than in past due to impurities in our food and environment as well as other factors
Its not being done for one person. The amendment allows for all military members of the NSC (CJCSC, CoAS, CNS, and CAS to have the same retirement age/extension tenure i.e. at most two 3 year terms not to exceed 64 years of age) AND all of this is at the discretion of the democratically elected government of the day.

i think before gen bajwa extension issue was raised in sc govt has no intention for this but it is done mainly for gen bajwa and other generals are given extension to keep them calm and support gen bajwa,for armed forces more older age is not good these days..
I think you are forgetting the past. Leaving aside the martial law periods, Gen Kiyani got an extension through the then PPP government. Gen Raheel was also being considered and then decided to retire on time. As such this extension issue has come up before Gen Bajwa.

i think unlike in past this time law is being amended which never happened during military rule which is very bad for army as institution and I think gen bajwa should never accepted extension after such disrespect of army when corrupt politicians in parliament are deciding fate of armed forces leadership retirement age which will weaken army in future
I think you are forgetting the past. Leaving aside the martial law periods, Gen Kiyani got an extension through the then PPP government. Gen Raheel was also being considered and then decided to retire on time. As such this extension issue has come up before Gen Bajwa.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom