What's new

Armed Iranian Ship Worries India

Well if they are keeping an eye on Diego Garcia I doubt they will tell the Indian Government about it. Let's see how this one rolls out.

Anyway, who joined the militias to kill Shias in Bahrain in the fear that Iran will get advantage in Bahrain. When it will come to choose between Saudis and Iran, Pakistan will 100% backstab Iran and join the league of Saudis.

an ad was made that they need ''guards'' and some people for purely material reasons opted in...actually it was mostly Baloch Pakistanis. Many Pakistani Baloch have ancestors or family residing in Bahrain; there's a Bahraini tribe ''Al-Belooshi'' which is ethnic Baloch and known to be fiercely pro-Bahrain government. So it isnt like it was Pakistani policy to just send guys to ''backstab Iran'' or ''kill Shias'' . . . though some of those protestors did get out of hand and kill Pakistani labourers --so i'm personally glad if something happened to them. (and I'm Shiia myself!)

in the event of any major hostility, i don't think Pakistan would take sides.....we are neighbours with Iran (an Islamic Republic), so why should we openly call for hostile relations against them if we would be directly affected by it? Does it make sense to you, or does that thick-skull of yours limit your ability to think logically

kindly elaborate :guns:

a few, for starters

India, US vote against Iran in IAEA - Rediff.com India News

Indian govt chickening out again over Iran - Indian Punchline

US influenced India's vote on Iran: Shyam Saran - India News - IBNLive

the one Muslim country which actually was supporting hindu-stan's position on occupied Kashmir....good work! :laugh:

an ad was made that they need ''guards'' and some people for purely material reasons opted in...actually it was mostly Baloch Pakistanis. Many Pakistani Baloch have ancestors or family residing in Bahrain; there's a Bahraini tribe ''Al-Belooshi'' which is ethnic Baloch and known to be fiercely pro-Bahrain government. So it isnt like it was Pakistani policy to just send guys to ''backstab Iran'' or ''kill Shias'' . . . though some of those protestors did get out of hand and kill Pakistani labourers --so i'm personally glad if something happened to them. (and I'm Shiia myself!)

in the event of any major hostility, i don't think Pakistan would take sides.....we are neighbours with Iran (an Islamic Republic), so why should we openly call for hostile relations against them if we would be directly affected by it? Does it make sense to you, or does that thick-skull of yours limit your ability to think logically

a few, for starters

India, US vote against Iran in IAEA - Rediff.com India News

Indian govt chickening out again over Iran - Indian Punchline

US influenced India's vote on Iran: Shyam Saran - India News - IBNLive

the one Muslim country which actually was supporting hindu-stan's position on occupied Kashmir....good work! :laugh:

Pakistan government could have stopped such recruitment because it created bad name for Pakistan among worldwide Shias. Also I know you are a Shia by reading your name Zolfiqar (sword of Ali). I also see many Pakistani members spitting venom against Iran when it comes to comparing them with Saudi Arabia and Turkey.

Yes, our government voted against Iran but it had too much uproar in India by different political parties. Also, when it comes to choose one from two friends, Indian government generally stay neutral by abstain from voting. They did that during Soviet era also.

Pakistan government could have stopped such recruitment because it created bad name for Pakistan among worldwide Shias.

those ads went on for what? barely a couple weeks before fizzling out? Who cares. . .

I also see many Pakistani members spitting venom against Iran when it comes to comparing them with Saudi Arabia and Turkey.

Pakistanis on PDF do not dictate Pakistani foreign policy

we even have Jamaaty types who spent years or feel ideologically closer to Saudi Arabia and even they've been vocal on their support for Iran (e.g. former Amir of Jamaat Islami)

Yes, our government voted against Iran but it had too much uproar in India by different political parties. Also, when it comes to choose one from two friends, Indian government generally stay neutral by abstain from voting. They did that during Soviet era also.

the vote passed.....india has basically done everything it could do to undermine the relations with them....but hey, it's your own foreign policy. It'll only serve to add Iran to the expanding laundry list of countries with whom india has horrible relations with --it's your own problem not ours

i know why india bent over backwards to pull out of the I-P pipeline --in the interests of securing a civilian nuclear deal with the U.S. . .if bharti admin/babus saw gains in it, then good for them. but then don't try to say that india supports Iran or india is friend of Iran because actions speak otherwise. That's between you 2.

i know why india bent over backwards to pull out of the I-P pipeline --in the interests of securing a civilian nuclear deal with the U.S. . .if bharti admin/babus saw gains in it, then good for them. but then don't try to say that india supports Iran or india is friend of Iran because actions speak otherwise. That's between you 2.

Who told you India pulled out the pipeline project but it will be Iran-Oman-India Undersea pipeline. Even on the Pity issue of MFN Pakistani media and parties made hype of it, it there would have been IPI pipeline there would be daily or weekly bomb blast over the pipeline.

PressTV - Iran to export gas to India, Oman

the vote passed.....india has basically done everything it could do to undermine the relations with them....but hey, it's your own foreign policy. It'll only serve to add Iran to the expanding laundry list of countries with whom india has horrible relations with --it's your own problem not ours.

I and you know that there are two members in our list of countries with horrible relation you-know-who. Anyway, you may heard of payment crisis between Iran and India and Saudis offered India to dump Iran and take oil from them and Iran backlashed by saying you should not interfere in our mutual matters.

it will be Iran-Oman-India Undersea pipeline. Even on the Pity issue of MFN Pakistani media and parties made hype of it, it there would have been IPI pipeline there would be daily or weekly bomb blast over the pipeline.[/url]

never going to materialize as any underwater pipe will go through Pakistani waters inevitably (or be within a 200 mile zone of immediate Pakistani waters) --which kind of negates the purpose, no?

Additionally, if any conflict arises with Pakistan and India, Pakistani submarines could just shoot a few blackshark torpedos and the problem is solved. So it isnt like underwater pipelines are safe either from ''bomb blast''

you may heard of payment crisis between Iran and India and Saudis offered India to dump Iran and take oil from them and Iran backlashed by saying you should not interfere in our mutual matters.

obviously the Saudis would do that; they'd prefer to see Iran become more isolated....in fact it's smart of the Saudis to make this offer --they'd even offer fuel for first 3-5 years @ concessionary rates! geo-politics at play

the payment crisis isn't due to indian lack of funds; but rather due to inexorable pressure from the Americans not to engage in commerce of any kind with the Islamic Republic

never going to materialize as any underwater pipe will go through Pakistani waters inevitably (or be within a 200 mile zone of immediate Pakistani waters) --which kind of negates the purpose, no?

Additionally, if any conflict arises with Pakistan and India, Pakistani submarines could just shoot a few blackshark torpedos and the problem is solved. So it isnt like underwater pipelines are safe either from ''bomb blast''

obviously the Saudis would do that; they'd prefer to see Iran become more isolated....in fact it's smart of the Saudis to make this offer --they'd even offer fuel for first 3-5 years @ concessionary rates! geo-politics at play

the payment crisis isn't due to indian lack of funds; but rather due to inexorable pressure from the Americans not to engage in commerce of any kind with the Islamic Republic

First of pipeline would be away from EEZ of Pakistan at some 225 miles from Pakistani coast and this distance is feasible because a straight pipeline can be connected to Oman and Gujarat. Secondly, the pipeline would be combined assets of Oman-Iran and India and Pakistan won't do anything that will harm business assets of their friend Iran-Oman and Turkmenistan who will join later.

Also the payment crisis was not due to American pressure but due to sanctions on Iran because of that we could not have proper channel to pay them and this is also resolved fully recently.

as if india support is all it takes to get Iran back on the ''front seats'' of the world stage

i think Iran could be run by less self-isolating and slightly wiser people, but much to their credit they've at least survived sanctions and threats with honour --they've endured it.

i'd love to see how many jobs would be affected adversely if the US alone decided to close down the doors for dirt cheap indian labour @ call centers :laugh:

whole other discussion though....as the article stated, Iran isn't violating any rules --so that's where this discussion ends, isn't it?

Hey Arbaab, what's with the snickering? Another claim of some bloodline fame or what? Which one is it today? Or is it that Bahraini commission for fauji foundation has dropped a few notches. Whatever it is, do not worry, just switch on the BBC for the entertainment.

On topic, did you not read the article properly, it is an armed ship and India has every reason to worry and check in on it. For you it may be a surprise since your are used to drones or helicopters flying over your heads but India takes these things seriously and GoI can bring up the matter with Iran to alleviate the concerns.

First of pipeline would be away from EEZ of Pakistan at some 225 miles from Pakistani coast and this distance is feasible because a straight pipeline can be connected to Oman and Gujarat.

snap back to reality, even the LNG deal (paper deal only) wont see fruition because of the exorbitant costs and the maintenance nightmare that it poses...

you think this looks any more feasible? use your brain

Oman%20to%20India%20Pipeline%20Route%20Survey.jpg

good luck with that; b/c i'll tell you right now with confidence that it aint gonna happen.

(pipe dreams)

Secondly, the pipeline would be combined assets of Oman-Iran and India and Pakistan won't do anything that will harm business assets of their friend Iran-Oman.[

these are all hypotheticals; has a feasibility report been carried out in detail? Do you have a copy? I'd love to see it.

in the event of war however -- anything and everything is fair game. If you're worried about pipelines being blown up above ground, how can you not be worried about them being obliterated underwater?

again, hypotheticals

Also the payment crisis was not due to American pressure but due to sanctions on Iran because of that we could not have proper channel to pay them and this is also resolved fully recently.

like i said --it's between you and them... i'm just pointing out the obvious. It's a lot more than a payment or two but mehh, o well. You two can sort it out.

First of pipeline would be away from EEZ of Pakistan at some 225 miles from Pakistani coast and this distance is feasible because a straight pipeline can be connected to Oman and Gujarat.

snap back to reality, even the LNG deal (paper deal only) wont see fruition because of the exorbitant costs and the maintenance nightmare that it poses...

you think this looks any more feasible? use your brain

Oman%20to%20India%20Pipeline%20Route%20Survey.jpg

good luck with that; b/c i'll tell you right now with confidence that it aint gonna happen.

(pipe dreams)

Secondly, the pipeline would be combined assets of Oman-Iran and India and Pakistan won't do anything that will harm business assets of their friend Iran-Oman.[

these are all hypotheticals; has a feasibility report been carried out in detail? Do you have a copy? I'd love to see it.

in the event of war however -- anything and everything is fair game. If you're worried about pipelines being blown up above ground, how can you not be worried about them being obliterated underwater?

again, hypotheticals

like i said --it's between you and them... i'm just pointing out the obvious. It's a lot more than a payment or two but mehh, o well. You two can sort it out.

i do understand sanctions prevent you from doing certain levels of commerce with them and you have a duty to remain within the norms of your int'L obligations; but in this case there are 5,001 ways I could think of off the top of my head where india could have bypassed and exploited loopholes to ensure that the payments are given....

Ah yes, the dreaded 'blackshark torpedos'...

I lolled so hard after reading your post my stomach hurts.

The maximum operational depth of any torpedo or depth charge is in the range of 400-500 meters. American submarines can dive to a maximum depth of ~3000 meters. The pipeline is going to run along the ocean floor, they won't leave it suspended in the middle of the ocean. The PN can't touch the pipeline and neither can Pakistani 'non state actors'/jihadis/freedom fighters. Before you ask, it'll obviously be pressurized.

So to add to what the guy above me said, not only will it be well outside Pakistan's EEZ...

1. The PN doesn't stand a chance against the IN out in the ocean. They'll sit close to home base where they'll have at least some measure of air cover.

2. Its a joint venture between Iran, Oman and India. Pakistan won't dare mess with its 'Arab brothers' (lol)

3. Both countries will think a hundred times before targeting civilian/economic targets.

4. If it came down to it, Pakistan will target land based facilities in Gujrat, because nothing short of a nuclear blast will rupture the pipeline.

5. India won't attack Pakistan while NATO is sitting pretty in Afghanistan.

6. Iran is probably monitoring the USN, not that it'd be of much help if they decided to do something though. They mean India no harm. India's only real concern is Pakistan, everybody else has bigger things to worry about, ie America.

In response to your second post, ain't nothing going to run across Balochistan and everybody knows it. With increasing demand, the pipeline is a real possibility somewhere in the near future. You're talking about 1.2 billion people here, the economics will always make sense. In the meantime, the merchant navy can easily meet requirements.

Hey Arbaab, what's with the snickering? Another claim of some bloodline fame or what? Which one is it today? Or is it that Bahraini commission for fauji foundation has dropped a few notches. Whatever it is, do not worry, just switch on the BBC for the entertainment.

On topic, did you not read the article properly, it is an armed ship and India has every reason to worry and check in on it. For you it may be a surprise since your are used to drones or helicopters flying over your heads but India takes these things seriously and GoI can bring up the matter with Iran to alleviate the concerns.

i'm snickering because a chubby potato-chips eating unruly kid and his wine-drinking coke-snorting butt buddies with a few clankety old AK-47s managed to hijack your financial capital in 2008 and keep your mighty ''quick reaction'' 'crack commandos' at bay for almost 72 hours while civilians and security apparatus were getting slaughtered left right and center

i guess in that sense yes you should have a reason to worry --given that it appears that plastic dingys can wash up on the shores of your financial capital undetected carrying men with dufflebags, grenades, booze, and a few light arms

i'm snickering because a chubby potato-chips eating unruly kid and his wine-drinking coke-snorting butt buddies with a few clankety old AK-47s managed to hijack your financial capital in 2008 and keep your mighty ''quick reaction'' 'crack commandos' at bay for almost 72 hours while civilians and security apparatus were getting slaughtered left right and center

i guess in that sense yes you should have a reason to worry --given that it appears that plastic dingys can wash up on the shores of your financial capital undetected carrying men with dufflebags, grenades, booze, and a few light arms

Well if you really think that it is chubby potato - chips eating kids can mow people down in Mumbai, then what exactly was the flavor of the chips when the marde monims got strafed a couple of days back? How was it? In sleep?

So give the sarcasm an these madrasa tactics a break and stick to the topic. India has a legitimate maritime concern and it is being taken care of. That is the way it will work. Like I suggested, you can switch on the BBC in the meanwhile.

Ah yes, the dreaded 'blackshark torpedos'...

1. The PN doesn't stand a chance against the IN out in the ocean. They'll sit close to home base where they'll have at least some measure of air cover.

2. Its a joint venture between Iran, Oman and India. Pakistan won't dare mess with its 'Arab brothers' (lol)

3. Both countries will think a hundred times before targeting civilian/economic targets.

4. If it came down to it, Pakistan will target land based facilities in Gujrat, because nothing short of a nuclear blast will rupture the pipeline.

5. India won't attack Pakistan while NATO is sitting pretty in Afghanistan.

6. Iran is probably monitoring the USN, not that it'd be of much help if they decided to do something though. They mean India no harm. India's only real concern is Pakistan, everybody else has bigger things to worry about, ie America.

1) it's a defensive force

2.) if our security interests are compromised you'd be amazed what actions we could take to overcome the threats.....though i dont think Oman or small countries like that would want (or feel compelled) to go against Pakistan

3.) economic targets? well, depends. If infrastructure is an ''economic target'' then by all means its fair game

4.) i actually like the way you think!

5.) regardless of where NATO is, india wont attack Pakistan because they know what the stakes are --and the costs that would follow...vice versa

6.) most likely that is what they're doing......maybe they should clarify their position

and yes so far Iran has meant no harm to india; my only point was that india has been habitually screwing Iran over --despite the fact that Iran is (or was) your ally --- one of your oldest allies in the region if im not mistaken --until ''yanks and yahoodis'' arm twisted you :laugh:

I wouldn't sound so smug my dear Pakistani. Pakistan is regularly manhandled my America and its buddies while the rest of us lol at your helplessness. Those guys might have killed a couple hundred people or two, but aren't you forgetting about what their brothers have done to your country? How many was it at last count, 40000?

Yeah, 40,000, keep snickering.

Back
Top Bottom