What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

our MK-2 in every project is going to have some very kick@$$ features.....

paritosh sir i agree with you till a certain extent,actually infrastructure is not that big a issue as it has been made to look,rail carriages have been developed which can carry arjun somebody had posted a link to that on this forum if iam not mistaking,actually army just cannot induct the Arjun in big number's reason being Indian armies doctrinal revolves around t-90 or it old brother t-72,Arjun is from a different class its a heavy mbt,havent we all been noticing the changes that has been ging on in the statement,intially the trial was t-90 vs Arjun then it became trial where only arjun will be evaluated(t-90 skipped) from that we have today trials conducted so that we can devise the role in which Arjun will best fit,arjun outshines t-90 anyday if we go by the specs..army is accepting it today beacuse it knows that it is a good tank,its is our deso maal,and if we want somethimng homegrown this is correct time to give the impetus,jingoism removed i wud never want my men going in the field with a desi inferior maal against my enemies tank,i will say a russi tank with all isreali and european maal in it should so that we come out victors..take for example PA'S al-khalid 1, i will say its a dangerous machine now!!why beacause now PAKISTANI ARMY is stuffing european equipment onboard it,will they be rolling out al khalid 2...yes they will.structural shortcoming armour composition,fire control system,electronics everything etc etc will come n the new packge depeding upon thier budget...similarly arjun mk2 is there in the form of tank ex,havent we seen it drdo was smart on this they are working along with isreali's on it adding what best cann be given to it the Rafael Trophy Active Protection System has already been tested on it if u believe me and much more.:cheers::cheers:

flaming arrow...though I am no authority deciphering the Tank needs of the IA...
the way I see this....all the world armies are focusing on smaller...lighter tanks..made of special sturdy plastics...
the Americans seem to be working on this...though I don't know about any of their projects other than the M1Ax-abrams...
The army has got it's dedicated MBT....in the T-90S...which is better than the standard T-90M of the russkie army...the Army has worked on the T-90S and it's advancements...and has paid a lot to see it function along with another parallel platform and get the logistics divided...
the Army can add inputs to most foreign buys...like in the MKI...the MMRCA....the T-90...but the only thing it can literally dictate in is our own home-grown projects....like the Arjun...
so most probably..the army wants the arjun mark 2 to be based to the tune of future warfare....

flaming arrow...though I am no authority deciphering the Tank needs of the IA...
the way I see this....all the world armies are focusing on smaller...lighter tanks..made of special sturdy plastics...
the Americans seem to be working on this...though I don't know about any of their projects other than the M1Ax-abrams...
The army has got it's dedicated MBT....in the T-90S...which is better than the standard T-90M of the russkie army...the Army has worked on the T-90S and it's advancements...and has paid a lot to see it function along with another parallel platform and get the logistics divided...
the Army can add inputs to most foreign buys...like in the MKI...the MMRCA....the T-90...but the only thing it can literally dictate in is our own home-grown projects....like the Arjun...
so most probably..the army wants the arjun mark 2 to be based to the tune of future warfare....

sir,the new generation of tank will still take some time to be integrated in armed forces around the world as the already present tanks will have to live thier lifes completely before the newer generation are inducted in large numbers,the tank design in current world is based on two philosphy the western heavy MBT design and the russian smaller Silhouette mbt's,Indian armies war doctorine revolves around the Russian tanks,our logistics are build around it strategies drawn according to them,the only heavy MBT we have operated was the CENTURIAN TANK if iam not wrong..when Arjun came in the theatre the DRDO made a tank based on western design, a tank which was meant to take out enemy armour even if it was hit,the initial product which came out had its flaw which took its painfull tie to be sorted out.But the panic button was pressed when the pakistanis purchased T-80 UD,we litteraly had know no against it,it was then when thw INDIAN ARMY went for the T-90 which was better on many fronts armour and onboard euipment,tough the decison was the haphazardly taken and a lot of furoar was raised by then PM devegoada,the IA's passiveness to towards the Arjun is because of the fact tat the DRDO could not deliver it on time,But know the the situation has changed we have a better tank in hand as ARJUN MK1,its a good tank but it has certain limitation which has come with its 25 yrs old design,Arjun in its current avatar outperfoms the T-90 in almost every aspect BUT the army would for sure want something better then this which is more futuristic so it will either ask for the Arjun mk2 or will go for the russian T-95,drdo has te mk2 version and that is TANK-EX WITH SLOPE ARMOUR SEE THE ABOVE POSTED PICS:cheers:......Stroke line is this that the ARJUN MK1 wil not see order's more then 350....124+ 350= 474 tanks(my assumption), rest will be Arjun mk2 or if the army says no more to ARJUN..after the orders of T-90 is complete it will be time we wait to welcome the T-95 BLACK EAGLE:coffee::coffee:...IA'S recent decision to to upgrade the T-72 i would say is an indication that INDIAN AMORMOURED CORE's still will hold it as its backbone,Arjun will be complimenting it on the battle field:toast_sign::cheers::yahoo:

URL]

Back
Top Bottom