What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

We have already signed contract for 1000 T-90's.... and Arjun is extra, but army dosent want two MBT's of the same class..

Arjun and T-90 are not in same class. Arjun is Heavy Battle tank. It can fire more armaments than T-90 and its even more robust and has better protection and fire power
Primary concern of Army for less no of Arjun is because of the mobility of the tank to the borders thru rail and roads because of its weight.

Arjun and T-90 are not in same class. Arjun is Heavy Battle tank. It can fire more armaments than T-90 and its even more robust and has better protection and fire power
Primary concern of Army for less no of Arjun is because of the mobility of the tank to the borders thru rail and roads because of its weight.

Yeah thats also True... Hey cant it be airlifted???? DRDO must do something to reduce its weight... But This sould be fine....

arjun_l7.jpg

I think we need more of these Arjun(it will build for hot and humid condition and run better then russian T-90) tank coze i dnt think T-90s work very well in hot and humid condition in Rajistan or gujarat and also T-90 performance is not good in that atmostphar where in summer temprature goes up to 50-60 dgree and may be more (i think it is bcoze T-90 is russian tank and it is built in his evierement ) so it will work better in north east area. so from my side i think we need lateast 400-500 tank

I think we need more of these Arjun(it will build for hot and humid condition and run better then russian T-90) tank coze i dnt think T-90s work very well in hot and humid condition in Rajistan or gujarat and also T-90 performance is not good in that atmostphar where in summer temprature goes up to 50-60 dgree and may be more (i think it is bcoze T-90 is russian tank and it is built in his evierement ) so it will work better in north east area. so from my side i think we need lateast 400-500 tank

Dont Underestimate T-90... It performs Very Well In those region....this stat will help you.....

Arjun is no less than Any other tank, but the Price is a bit too more

d8fcf015288f4967bf06ee4d475a6511.jpg

The arjun saga is classic chicken and egg story. The continuous GSQR changes has made the development agency running around to meet the criteria even after 1996 where it met the objectives new objectives were added and here the development agency fault that they accepted the customer demand rather then saying to go with the PPS models that were passed the test then ACURT saga the less said about it is better. I think IA can easily accommodate the tanks in 500 nos as it will still be less then 10% of total tank fleet strength. It will be really stupid move to stall the project now as this will again repeat the marut saga which is resulted in crucial knowledge lost.

yes these are the differences...but the point is that it is a main battle tank...and so is the T-90...we can't have both of them...they need different infrastructural requirements...like the rail carriages won't be able to carry Arjuns...while they will carry the T-90s...about the pretcion suite...I am not sure about the Arjun's Kanchan being better than the Kaktus...

Best part to me is that ARJUN can fire Lahat ATGMs very effective

Lahat ATGMs

80ed2d217993e4d227ee0e819d596077.jpg

While the AL-kalid uses 9M119 Svir which is outdated soviet atgm which has a range of 6000m max but Lahat has a range of 8000m max so the arjun can be out of its sight and fire from around 2kms safe haven

9M119 Svir

Yes but no offense, I heard it lacks accuracy plus i am not good in tanks but I think in Al-Khalid 1 it is different and also AL-Khalid 2 which is under development:pop:

Yes but no offense, I heard it lacks accuracy plus i am not good in tanks but I think in Al-Khalid 1 it is different and also AL-Khalid 2 which is under development:pop:

LAHAT missile hits the target at an accuracy of 0.7 meter CEP and an angle of over 30 degrees, providing effective penetration of up to 800 mm of armor steel with its tandem warhead to deal with add-on reactive armor. LAHAT might also carry embedded active protection system countermeasure capabilities. In any tank the LAHAT is stowed like other rounds in the ammunition rack, and handled just like any other type of ammunition.

what you heard is wrong. somebody tried to fool you for sure.:azn:

Back
Top Bottom