What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Mk1 can fire LAHAT missile also an Indian missle similar to LAHAT is also under development n will be facing trials soon.

@Abingdonboy can u plz clarify a bit more...

A source would be helpfull... although im 200% sure it doesnt fire DU rounds either... nor india has even developed one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mk1 can fire LAHAT missile also an Indian missle similar to LAHAT is also under development n will be facing trials soon.

@Abingdonboy can u plz clarify a bit more...

I had heard something like this- I'll see what I ca dig up.

Go through the mk-2 thread... and you will read about the modifications... tht unlike mk-1... mk-2 will be able to fire missiles... as for the link you post... it states tht lahat was "tested" on mk-1.. and the author is "ajay shukla" a blogger.

Arjun is by all means a formidable tank,currently it has 2 flaws.

1]Gunner's sight is in front of turret,this creates a gap in the armour integrity.
Armor
2]Need better APSFSDS ammo with tungsten or DU core not soft core and long rod penetrator.Suspicion on how ell new APSFSDS round can be used with rifled gun,instead of smoothbore.
GUN

Plz tell me formidable point

Kanchan chobham type armour,which withstood direct t-90 rounds,when ERA added armour is extremely good.A couple of armour guys on the israeli forum who had been to india were saying armour was excellent.
The rifled tank gun has extreme accuracy and enormous power,can hit suitcase sized target at 2km.This is because rifled guns provide more accuracy by their design.

Today is 2013.... and ppl still thing that our Tank can't fire Missiles... If it can fire missiles (Using Bearing ring) it can fire any other round...

And what is the use of having tank if it can not counter possible enemy tank????

Go through the mk-2 thread... and you will read about the modifications... tht unlike mk-1... mk-2 will be able to fire missiles... as for the link you post... it states tht lahat was "tested" on mk-1.. and the author is "ajay shukla" a blogger.

Ok here r 2 more sources n r not written by Ajay Shukla, Plz read the last para in both the articles they confirm the same news hope that would do...:wave:

Lahat Laser Guided Missile

Nirbhay likely to be test-fired in April | The Hindu - The Hindu: Mobile Edition

@Abingdonboy

Thanks for proving me right:

The usual Pakistani ranting nothing new i m seeing here, Pakistanis r tuned to see n hear only that portion which is fulfils their fantasies...:)

A modified version of Arjun- Mark I main battle tank will prove its mettle by firing a
LAHAT missile from an Army
range this month.
The LAHAT
(Laser Homing Attack or Laser Homing Anti-Tank missile) is a
third-generation semi-active
low-weight anti-tank missile.
This version was fired from the Arjun tank in 2004. The Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment, a
DRDO facility at Avadi, designed
and developed the Arjun.

So india had a modifed version of arjun in 2004? :lol:

Than why is the fact tht mk-2 can fire missile being touted as a new feature in mk-2?
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...5IGgAw&usg=AFQjCNF0ZbFfhN_Q7PJLjzqrSHSN68CpAA

First u said Mk1 can't fire missiles - i said it can.

Than u said Give me proof - I provided u proof.

Than u said Its Ajay Shukla just a blooger - I provided u 2 more source.

Than without even reading the whole article u started ranting I M RIGHT RIGHT - I Again proved u wrong.

Now u r still not satisfied BCOZ According to u India can't modify Arjun to test LAHAT in 2004 - Reason It Doesn't Fulfil ur Wet Dreams...:)

If u even had an iota of knowledge with respect to Tank Guns u would have known than that Rifle guns can fire missiles with Little Modifications to fit bearings to fire missiles, so ofcourse DRDO had to modify it a bit to test LAHAT in 2004, its not some rocket science but unfortunately Pakistanis Love to Live in Denials....:)

First u said Mk1 can't fire missiles - i said it can.

Than u said Give me proof - I provided u proof.

Than u said Its Ajay Shukla just a blooger - I provided u 2 more source.

Than without even reading the whole article u started ranting I M RIGHT RIGHT - I Again proved u wrong.

Now u r still not satisfied BCOZ According to u India can't modify Arjun to test LAHAT in 2004 - Reason It Doesn't Fulfil ur Wet Dreams...:)

If u even had an iota of knowledage with respect to Tank Guns u would have known than that Rifle guns can fire missiles with Little Modifications to fit bearings to fire missiles, so ofcourse DRDO had to modify it a bit to test LAHAT in 2004, its not some rocket science but unfortunately Pakistanis Love to Live in Denials....:)

Arguements = denial?

Did you even pass the 10th grade? ur sources clearly talk about a modified arjun mbt.. while it wasnt even in production in 2004..

Arguements = denial?

Did you even pass the 10th grade? ur sources clearly talk about a modified arjun mbt.. while it wasnt even in production in 2004..

Madarasa Boy u don't need to hit the production to test a missile all u need is a prototype to conduct a test....:)

Back
Top Bottom