What's new

Arjun Mk II Prototype revealed

rzzi.jpg

Indian army is inducting large numbers of the T90 MS, the Arjun tank II too shall be inducted in sufficient numbers to make it commercially viable for mass production

DMRL methinks. the old t-72 era could stop all milan and konkurs missiles dead in their tracks....this is an upgraded era developed based off that.

...which is in addition to the improved Kanchan composite laminate armor that is still there,
behind the ERA blocks.

@IND151:There's another thread running with the same article.

Last edited by a moderator:
This still isn't the "full" MK.2/production vehicle. That will only roll out in 2014.

As far as I know this photo has not surfaced before now and the so called Mark II revealed were actually Mark 1A

Plus this is the only photo in which it is clearly written on hull "Arjun MBT Mk II F1"(As Far As I Know).

This whole "Mark 1A" thing is made up by Sengupta. If you see the older pictures, it has the same logo there as well. This is an almost complete mark 2. It seems to be missing some sensors shown on the CGI.

Which is clear after seeing right side of the Arjun.

BTW any source for what you have posted?
No link bro. This is just what I gleaned from a freind of mine with contacts within the IA.

This whole "Mark 1A" thing is made up by Sengupta. If you see the older pictures, it has the same logo there as well. This is an almost complete mark 2. It seems to be missing some sensors shown on the CGI.

Right this Mk.1A buissnss seems to be utter BS. I've not seen a single other source mention the existence of such a designation/product/model. To be fair to the guy has has been right in the past and does some brilliantly researched work.

They've T-90ised the Arjun apparently to rectify the faults.

They've T-90ised the Arjun apparently to rectify the faults.

Next step apparently is something akin to AMAP. Big shots like MKU were able to develop a contemporary of the AMAP.

Its not exactly T-90ised- the sides of the turret have been heavily modified, OFB's RCWS added, new stuff like IR/Laser jammers.

The final variant is yet to come out.

The only real similarity lies in the ERA.

Back
Top Bottom