Arjun Mk II Prototype revealed

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
cns8.jpg

rzzi.jpg

Now CVRDE is focusing on both manned and unmanned vehicles. It has also secured a project to develop filters for the fifth generation combat aircraft which is going to be jointly developed by India and Russia. Dr Shivakumar said his organisation received order for 124 numbers of Arjun MBT Tank Mark I, and it has supplied 120. The remaining four is in final stage because CVRDE is doing a lot of trials on the request of the user. The user needed improvements based on various trials and status of latest equipment.

There are a total 89 improvements, including 19 major ones. “All tank fightable improvements have been completed and handed over to the user. Recently, we completed almost three missile firing for the user. Now we are starting the trials again and the remaining missiles will be fired”, Shivakumar said.

CVRDE entering unmanned vehicle segment | idrw.org

is the green colored thing on the top of arjun is remote control weapon?

I hate IA for their unwillingness to induct this beast.
We have more than 3000 tanks and almost all of them are on the western front. Why can't the place order for at least 1000.

@IND151 : You have changed the headline of the original article. I clicked it because it didn't make sense that a prototype would only be revealed now, when in fact, the last we heard was about Arjun Mk2 about to enter user trials. Prototypes have been revealed long back, so the title of this thread is misleading.

Last edited by a moderator:
@IND151 : You have changed the headline of the original article. I clicked it because it didn't make sense that a prototype would only be revealed now, when in fact, the last we heard was about Arjun Mk2 about to enter user trials. Prototypes have been revealed long back, so the title of this thread is misleading.

As far as I know this photo has not surfaced before now and the so called Mark II revealed were actually Mark 1A

Plus this is the only photo in which it is clearly written on hull "Arjun MBT Mk II F1"(As Far As I Know).

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know this photo has not surfaced before now and the so called Mark II revealed were actually Mark 1A

Plus this is the only photo in which it is clearly written on hull "Arjun MBT Mk II F1"(As Far As I Know).

There was a crude video of the Mk2 that has been posted on this forum. It was a video of a video playing on some DRDO employee's laptop.

Anyway, that apart, the title makes it sound like Arjun mk2 is being revealed for the first time, which is inaccurate unless you specify revealed to whom. To the general public, maybe. But the army has already started user trials, so it has been revealed to them long back.

If it is possible, change the title to something like "First pic of Arjun Mk2" (if you are sure that that is true). Just saying "revealed" makes it sound like its existence is being revealed for the first time, like "China's secret stealth fighter revealed" etc.

^^OK...............................

I have changed title to "Latest Arjun Mk II Prototype Photo?"

Please everybody do the same (who have posted here)

is the green colored thing on the top of arjun is remote control weapon?

Yes,thats a RCWS..

topic..why the hell they're reluctant to give a good picture of any weapon??we've to wait for a long time before any good picture of Indian weapons comes to the public.. :pissed:

Back
Top Bottom