What's new

Arjun-II MBT development l Updates & discussion.

Oh there is a tank where the crew is scared of entering the tank fearing spontaneous combustion. Instead of worrying about 'jumping over hump' new fire alarms had to be installed for the demoarialized tankers to enter the Al Khalid. The problem of spontaneous fire breakouts having never been solved, the next best case of having an alarm system which apparently allows crews to get out faster is the best solution now available.

Never happened to Alkhalid crew, Google "Crew Bay Protection System" and see why Alkhalid never had such an incident. Not to mention it also has an ECS.

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product3896.html

Back to topic, show me a video where Arjun jumped from over the hump ;)

Last edited:
Really? You talk to me like that? Your the child here.
Dazzaler AK fanboy. Your punny AK tank is nothing but Chinese handmedowns of Type-90s which is mutilation of the T-55 line.
Good job.
The Arjun does and can jump over your obstacle course better than a AK. Why? Its clearance is better.
Realistically, in the field obstacle courses are not build in for show. That fragile suspension system is more than enough to provide superior mobility and suspension.
And you like a child , you are asking why it didn't jump over the platform?
Why did you ask that? Inferiority complex?
Ju60xJE.gif

What is this? Its a platform to show the tank notice the people standing beside it! We use these to wash and clean the tanks you moron!

You ever wonder why The T-90 does this? Its for show!
At 60 tons, not only just like your car, does it put stress on the suspension and machine but the tank doesn't "fly" well.
Its drops fast. That being said, it clears higher obstacles compared to T-90 or your AK.
102793.jpg

Leo2
t80u004_.jpg

Т-80У
2-z20-d850af78-3a67-4bb3-9819-a4f4e9eed8fd.jpg

Т-90А
merkava_u.jpg

Merkava
102793.jpg

M1
All of them can jump. Just a T-80/90 suspension is firmer, and they can jump higher, farther.

Ups
Leo2
leopard2.jpg[\IMG]

Upd
Leo2
http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2074/leopard2.jpg

As usual, do you know that the German Leopard series and the American M1A1 also use torsion bar suspension? The hydropneumatic suspension is overtly complex and maintenance heavy. learn a thing or two before proving Arjun's superiority over its contemporaries. In fact, the torsion bars mated with electrohydraulic power drives, provide an equal, if not more comfortable ride to mbts. Ask Germans and yankees

you guys have a severe obsession with AK that force you to bring it into every discussion. All i asked was to show me a single authentic pic or a video of Arjun jumping over the slope, is that so difficult??

If some thing is not shown than it doesnt mean that it cannt be done. lol. Last time someone ask LCA didnt did the X kind of act so LCA is inferior. And now that thread is running without any sense.
It is expected from a think tank to contribute positively. So next time you should try to go Pokharna firing range. And record video and tell us " yes Arjun also can do that."

M1
All of them can jump. Just a T-80/90 suspension is firmer, and they can jump higher, farther.

Ups
Leo2
leopard2.jpg[\IMG]

Upd
Leo2
http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2074/leopard2.jpg

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/arjun-ii...dates-discussion.292466/page-49#ixzz3zE7DXsSn
How use full is this jumping?
Infact how many of those tanks you just showed actually have hydropneuatic suspension?
Answer me this. Why did SK Japan, India build thier tanks with a newer faultier suspension system?
It performs better.
If you ever drive a car or vehicle, you'll know the value of good suspension. Expeicially air cushioned.

How use full is this jumping?
Infact how many of those tanks you just showed actually have hydropneuatic suspension?
Answer me this. Why did SK Japan, India build thier tanks with a newer faultier suspension system?
It performs better.
If you ever drive a car or vehicle, you'll know the value of good suspension. Expeicially air cushioned.
Because you have a bad tank. And the Japanese have never been an example of tank building.

Strong school tank- Russia, USA, Germany. The rest will never be even close to them a century. Example - Why Russia is not caught on the idea of active protection system- because it is dangerous for their infantry. In the same by Germany and the United States. Others do not know how to think, they can only be stupid and repeat them.
Russia has only now emerged Operating System on the T-14 \ Kurganets25.
The United States and Germany are waiting for the Russian engine results, and only then start to put yourself and them. And the fact that "other" try - it's a laugh. Especially Jews.

Because you have a bad tank. And the Japanese have never been an example of tank building.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/arjun-ii...dates-discussion.292466/page-49#ixzz3zFOVZDyW
Wow, your stupid.
No more. Get out of this thread and go fap off to what ever you want.

Strong school tank- Russia, USA, Germany. The rest will never be even close to them a century. Example - Why Russia is not caught on the idea of active protection system- because it is dangerous for their infantry. In the same by Germany and the United States. Others do not know how to think, they can only be stupid and repeat them.
Russia has only now emerged Operating System on the T-14 \ Kurganets25.
The United States and Germany are waiting for the Russian engine results, and only then start to put yourself and them. And the fact that "other" try - it's a laugh. Especially Jews.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/arjun-ii...dates-discussion.292466/page-49#ixzz3zFOoQleu
Alright tank expert. You wanna tell me where the Japs got the idea for Type 90 tanks?
You think Japanese who build some of the most advanced submarines, destroyers, and the 2nd largest economy in the world cant build a fukin tank?
Do you know why the Russians built the T-72 and T-80?
You have no idea about cold war tacctics.
Russia was not building qaulity tanks. They didn't have the time. They were preparing for a coming war. Which never happened.
That is why the Russian war complex is pushing for higher quality now.

Wow, your stupid.
No more. Get out of this thread and go fap off to what ever you want.

Alright tank expert. You wanna tell me where the Japs got the idea for Type 90 tanks?
You think Japanese who build some of the most advanced submarines, destroyers, and the 2nd largest economy in the world cant build a fukin tank?
Do you know why the Russians built the T-72 and T-80?
You have no idea about cold war tacctics.
Russia was not building qaulity tanks. They didn't have the time. They were preparing for a coming war. Which never happened.
That is why the Russian war complex is pushing for higher quality now.
I know not only why did the T-72 and T-80, but also why the original was the T-64 and T-64A. But you obviously do not have. I know the difference between the T-72A from the T-72B, T-80A from the T-80U. What is the object 187, and others.
Japanese debris. Their marine engine and good, so only ground - all the garbage.
And tell me how, why these "miracle of the Japanese" made from a submarine? Not really, they were able to make the SSN? Or they could make a nuclear reactor of reasonable size and power? Oh sorry, I forgot that all the nuclear reactors in Japan of foreign manufacture.
Japan is, in principle, is not capable of adequate ground operations.

Of the other countries, except the United States, Germany and Russia, but the Koreans were able to do something adequate. But, while it is not known about the armor of a tank. It is possible that they could do a tungsten armor, because It has long been shining on their armor shows "increasing the strength." But, again, they are only "catch up" with the United States, Russia and Germany, have made it 25-30 years ago.

I know not only why did the T-72 and T-80, but also why the original was the T-64 and T-64A. But you obviously do not have. I know the difference between the T-72A from the T-72B, T-80A from the T-80U. What is the object 187, and others.
Japanese debris. Their marine engine and good, so only ground - all the garbage.
And tell me how, why these "miracle of the Japanese" made from a submarine? Not really, they were able to make the SSN? Or they could make a nuclear reactor of reasonable size and power? Oh sorry, I forgot that all the nuclear reactors in Japan of foreign manufacture.
Japan is, in principle, is not capable of adequate ground operations.

Of the other countries, except the United States, Germany and Russia, but the Koreans were able to do something adequate. But, while it is not known about the armor of a tank. It is possible that they could do a tungsten armor, because It has long been shining on their armor shows "increasing the strength." But, again, they are only "catch up" with the United States, Russia and Germany, have made it 25-30 years ago.

Source: Arjun-II MBT development l Updates & discussion. | Page 49
Wow, okay you are an idoit.
First off the Japanese are actually some of the best manufacturers in the world. Not only that, the Japanese hold American nuclear technology, the CORE of the reactors comes from Japan. IE nuclear power reactors in North America are a Japanese monopoly. Why do think India went to Japan right after US NSG waiver? The Japanese were given the tech by the americans to HOLD on to as compensation for getting nuked. Little history lesson for you son which is also why the Japanese don't arm themselves with nuclear weapons or platforms. So do you research again, and stop posting BS like you know nuclear physics when you don't know sh1te.

I'll teach you but only for purpose. As i've stated. The T series from Russia and USSR were created in the heat of the cold war. Hence why after the 90's all major projects were cancelled and put on hold or like most, turned into lab work of decades. This is why the T-90 is evolving and not getting cheaper or easier to manufacture. Because Russia has 20000 tanks in cold storage. What they need is heavy tank to take hits. As for armor. This depends on the local steal industry.
You don't buy steal from Russia when you can produce your own. For instance, the T-90 and T-72 both manufactured in India have Indian armor. NOT russian.
Now that i've edcuated you hopefully you'll come back to orginal arugment of convencing me why a tank can't and shouldn't do jumps. because what you said about Japanese is pure crap. When you understand how tanks are manufactured and machines and cranes involved in the operation, you'll have a better understanding of Japanese manufacturing capability and American.
From that note, you should also realize that the Chinese themselves sold Pakistan their machines and tools to manufacture parts of the AK.
For you sake, i'll ignore you if you give me more BS again.

Wow, okay you are an idoit.
Patriotism is good only when it is present and not stupid.
Indian tanks is a very funny thing, in which the Indian except money. ATGM Israel, imager-Israel / France, radio explosive mixture of Soviet and Chinese technology quality. Armor can not be "your" T-90S tanks going with kits from Russia. Your only there vookrug metal tank.
attachment.php
seen here in the photo "filler". This is the armor. metal there is interest to anyone is not. All the power armor in these fillers.
All of Japan's nuclear reactors are reactors clean copy of General Electric. Japan lost its spirit, its will. It is a puppet, which twist as they want from the west. Japan ordered-they obeyed. Actually why Japanese and can not create any normal aircraft or helicopter, or any other that may be more dangerous than a pickup truck with a machine gun. This is from a military point of view.

Japan's nuclear reactors are reactors clean copy of General Electric
General Electric-designed reactors in Fukushima have 23 sisters in U.S. - Investigations

GT sorry

Patriotism is good only when it is present and not stupid.
Indian tanks is a very funny thing, in which the Indian except money. ATGM Israel, imager-Israel / France, radio explosive mixture of Soviet and Chinese technology quality. Armor can not be "your" T-90S tanks going with kits from Russia. Your only there vookrug metal tank.

Source: Arjun-II MBT development l Updates & discussion. | Page 50
I don't care for patriotism. I'm Punjabi.
But your bs is amusing. Its not making sense to me. I have no idea what your trying to say as far as tanks, but I assume your too young to know assemblies. The Kits for the T-90s were bought earlier. Were ever economical. Doesn't mean India is producing junk. For gods sake, they didn't want shotra system.
As far your Fuksima bs,
Look up Toshiba. Its heavy water reactos etc. Japan, and its companies have a monoply on reactors. Welcome to the world of globalization.

Iran has guts to refuse T90s for a indigenous tank,

While we are still in dilemma to chose between T90M & Armata .

If arjun is heavy , what are we waiting for ..to develop one in light category ?

Source:- defenceupdate.in
The Arjun MBT Mark 2 is a advanced third generation Main battle tank developed by India’s Defence Research and Development Organization, for the Indian Army. The Arjun Mk2 is an improved version of the original Arjun main battle tank. It was developed in cooperation with Israeli defense companies. A total of 13 major improvements were made. After prolonged development the original Arjun Mk1 entered service with the Indian Army in 2004. However the original MBT failed to impress the Army and improvements were required in order to make it combat-worthy. The new Arjun Mk2 has improved protection, firepower and mobility over its predecessor. Trials of the Arjun Mk2 began in 2012.

Sources close to Defense ministry confirms that Army set to receive the first lot of 40 Arjun Mark 2 Tanks soon. Arjun almost finished all trails and set to enter the pre deployment plans. The First batch of ordered 40 Tanks will be deployed along the Punjab and Rajastan Borders. Arjun meets the Army’s fire power requirement, defensive systems and the required speed performance. The three main elements of the battle tank. Forty of the new Mark 2 tanks will form a new Tank regiment.

Indian Army plans to induct more numbers of Arjun Mark 2 Tanks. the Mark 1 version is an limited deployment due to low numbers. Indian Army operates 124 Mark 1 Arjun Tanks. and Plans to induct more mark 2 version. The mark 2 has 93 new improvements include 13 major structural modifications. The improved 120mm rifled gun can fire anti tank rounds and missiles. The Mark 2 also equipped with remote controlled weapon station for anti personnel use.

During the army’s extensive trails Arjun mark 2 outperformed the T 90 MS. the T 90 Bhishma is an third generation main battle tank. while the Arjun mark 2 is an advanced third generation tank, which incorporates many advanced features for defensive and offensive roles. The Battle tanks are designed to combat against the tanks. However modern tanks packs more punch, which can provide close fire support during an invasion.

Arjun not only designed to perform missions in desert lands. Arjun can perform missions in all over India in any circumstance. Compared to the Mark 1 the Mark 2 has an important upgrade of firing anti tank missile through it’s rifled gun. the Indo Israeli missile LAHAT uses the laser guidance to hit targets beyond the non line of sight. This makes the new Arjun tanks can hit enemy targets far beyond the line of sight.

The missile firing also improves the Arjun’s fire power range. Currently the Lahat is the only anti tank missile that can hit enemy targets at long range and in high precision. The Lahat has the effective range of upto 8 kilometers. The Arjun’s fire control mechanism and battlefield survivability is designed with the help of Israeli’s. much of the modern fir control systems and countermeasure system derived from the Israeli Merkava tanks

The Tank isn’t built with the steel or iron. Most part of the Tanks’ structure made by the Kanchan armor. The Plates are designed and developed by the defense metallurgical research laboratory. The composite of the material remain classified. The kanchan being used in the Arjun tanks only. During the trails the Kanchan able to withstand from an 107mm recoilless shell. the trails followed by firing High explosive and armor piercing warheads. Those shells are used in the most Tanks who has no missile firing capabilities. The Kanchan withstands from those shells fired by the T 72 within the point blank range.

The Arjun MK 2 not only comes with the Kanchan armor, same like other main battle tanks, the Arjuns too comes with explosive reactive armor as secondary armor. The ERA gives an additional armor protection to the Tank. however the ERA will not be placed all over the Tank. It will be fitted in the weak points of the Tank such as gun point and sides. With the support from Elbit Israel. Arjun has very less weak points in front side and gun points, makes the Arjun tank best battle tanks which can withstand from enemy direct fire.

Arjun MK 1 is more mobile compared to the Mark 2 variant. Mark 2 has a over weight of some 10 tons compared to the 55 tons of Arjun Mark 1. The future tanks must come with light in weight which gives the tanks shoot and scoot capabilities. However the Mark 2 can attain 40 kmph in cross country. Arjun does have the capability of fire on the move. The Arjun hold the world record of heaviest tank in service. The overweight is an disadvantage to the Mark 2, The overweight makes difficult in quick deployment. Due to the heavy weight the IAF’s C 17 is the only air lifter which can air lift the mark 2 Tank.

The Arjun’s fire control systems allows the tank to engage both stationary and moving targets even in non line of sight. The fire control system allows the missile autonomously select targets and engage in high accuracy. The accuracy can be expanded with the help of Tank’s target acquisition system and nearby flying UAV’s. Arjun is combat capable in all rough weather conditions, day and night missions.
Once the Army deployed the first batch of 40 Mark 2 tanks. The Heavy vehicle factory planned to produce 300 more in coming years for the Indian Army. However the Arjun Tank is not available for export. Since Latin American countries shown interest in the Arjun Tank.

Source:- defenceupdate.in
Content of post is taken from this website.Don't forget to visit this site

Back
Top Bottom