What's new

Arjun-II MBT development l Updates & discussion.

Nonsense Talk from Dazzler,.

Pakistani jealously nothing more

I would ram down his throat a vedio of the

Indian satalites being launched
ICMB being tested
The $1 BILLION dollar Kolkatta class destroyers launched last month
Or the $1 billion dollar nuclear powered Arihant going thru final testing/commissioning as we speak with a IRBM sagrika already on board.

The indians now have a vast array of indengious military technology spread accross all spectrums includinmg space technology.

We are not sittinmg idle looking at chinease handouts of cheap plastic small tanks and planes that are no use to a NATION OF OUR SIZE in land mass, air space , sea lanes and industrial and trade interests.

India military needs are on a completely DIFFERENT level to pakistani needs cause we have a GDP of 8 times your size and trade routes worth 15 times yours.

We a military doctrine that requires a 10 regiments of heavy expensive armour to spear head 50 more regiments of meduim weight arnmour in a nuclear battlefield scenario between now and next 25 years.

The options where

Abrahams
Leopard 3/4 Germany
Challenger.
or Arjun indian built

We chose our own.

DAZZLER IT LOOKS FEELS MAGNIFICENT

AWESOME INDIAN HEAVEY ARMOUR

I0dVx.jpg

China's media ranks 10 world leading tanks

Chinese military website Mil.news.sina.com.cn recently published ranking 10 world leading tanks.

10. Type-99 (China)
9. Arjun (India)
8. Type 10 (Japan)
7. C1 Ariete (Italy)
6. T-90A (Russia)
5. Leclerc (France)
4. Merkava (Israel)
3. Challenger 2 (England)
2. Leopard-2A6 (Germany)
1. М1А1 Abrams (The US)

Asitimes: China's media ranks 10 world leading tanks

I will try to find the Chinese link.

China's media ranks 10 world leading tanks

Chinese military website Mil.news.sina.com.cn recently published ranking 10 world leading tanks.

10. Type-99 (China)
9. Arjun (India)
8. Type 10 (Japan)
7. C1 Ariete (Italy)
6. T-90A (Russia)
5. Leclerc (France)
4. Merkava (Israel)
3. Challenger 2 (England)
2. Leopard-2A6 (Germany)
1. М1А1 Abrams (The US)

Asitimes: China's media ranks 10 world leading tanks

I will try to find the Chinese link.
I don't know how they can pace the T-90 over the Arjun when the Indian Army has conducted comparative trails between the two types and the Arjun was (by far) found to be the superior machine.

Nonsense Talk from Dazzler,.

Pakistani jealously nothing more

I would ram down his throat a vedio of the

Indian satalites being launched
ICMB being tested
The $1 BILLION dollar Kolkatta class destroyers launched last month
Or the $1 billion dollar nuclear powered Arihant going thru final testing/commissioning as we speak with a IRBM sagrika already on board.

The indians now have a vast array of indengious military technology spread accross all spectrums includinmg space technology.

We are not sittinmg idle looking at chinease handouts of cheap plastic small tanks and planes that are no use to a NATION OF OUR SIZE in land mass, air space , sea lanes and industrial and trade interests.

India military needs are on a completely DIFFERENT level to pakistani needs cause we have a GDP of 8 times your size and trade routes worth 15 times yours.

We a military doctrine that requires a 10 regiments of heavy expensive armour to spear head 50 more regiments of meduim weight arnmour in a nuclear battlefield scenario between now and next 25 years.

The options where

Abrahams
Leopard 3/4 Germany
Challenger.
or Arjun indian built

We chose our own.

DAZZLER IT LOOKS FEELS MAGNIFICENT

AWESOME INDIAN HEAVEY ARMOUR

I0dVx.jpg

learn a.b.c. of armor basics first, oh i forgot

you are storm force

Hey @Abingdonboy , don't you have some better things to than wasting your time on this little prick??!!Trust me dude,it's not worth your time.We whack his @rse all the time on D.F.I.

Who needs to read your bs anyway??We all know your reasoning has already been clouded by all the propaganda shit you guys are fed all the time.Remember the Abrams failing in Pakistan bull crap and the bashing you and your fellow received at D.F.I??So where is the need to hear whatever bs you has to say??You guys are simply incapable of objective discussion.

and all your idiotic rhetoric is limited to d*f*i, what nonsense. i have had my knowledge with people in the field. few idiots at that I forum is a bad way to learn armour basics but then who can blame an ignorant like you. all you know is to abuse those who shut ur cavity with reasonable arguments. so far, yiu are yet to present a single reasonable argument why arjun should be favourable for IA.

Last edited:
learn a.b.c. of armor basics first, oh i forgot

you are storm force

and all your idiotic rhetoric is limited to d*f*i, what nonsense. i have had my knowledge with people in the field. few idiots at that I forum is a bad way to learn armour basics but then who can blame an ignorant like you. all you know is to abuse those who shut ur cavity with reasonable arguments. so far, yiu are yet to present a single reasonable argument why arjun should be favourable for IA.

Why should I??First you present a single reasonable argument why arjun should NOT be favorable for IA,then only I can counter that,isn't it??So far all you have presented in your argument is nothing more than trash talks.

Dazzled guy is burning nothing more.

Pak stuck with cheap chinsse copy of
medium weight t 55 tanks.

Low cost little armour Manuel loaders.

They have no finance to buy or build a heavey tank.

Just like the sirforce low cost single engine fighters with small range and weapons load.

They brush it up with it'd not in our military doctrine.

Dazzled guy is burning nothing more.

Pak stuck with cheap chinsse copy of
medium weight t 55 tanks.

Low cost little armour Manuel loaders.

They have no finance to buy or build a heavey tank.

Just like the sirforce low cost single engine fighters with small range and weapons load.

They brush it up with it'd not in our military doctrine.
You are talking about Tanks without any knowledge and you are saying it to us

Hey Bro, whats Up?? Arjun Mk 2 seems to be a good Tank... I am ready for a healthy debate. You tell me its cons and let me see if we could learn something from each other.

Nothing wrong in his statement. After all,there are still a good number of Type 85s and T 55s are still in service with the Pakistani armored corps.

Nothing wrong in his statement. After all,there are still a good number of Type 85s and T 55s are still in service with the Pakistani armored corps.
Yes that is why we are testing MBT 3000 to replace it

Type 85IIPs are different from the Chinese variants and have been upgraded ... Type-59s are being phased out.. With AZs .. Meanwhile AKII will go under mass production in 2015! The work horse.. Meanwhile AK has been given a new upgrade!

Type 85IIPs are different from the Chinese variants and have been upgraded ... Type-59s are being phased out.. With AZs .. Meanwhile AKII will go under mass production in 2015! The work horse.. Meanwhile AK has been given a new upgrade!

Any possible specs for AK II??

Any possible specs for AK II??

Daksg Nakra, Kuala Lumpur - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
22 April 2014

Officials from Pakistan's Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) disclosed new information about the greatly anticipated Al Khalid-Improved (I) main battle tank (MBT) during the recent DSA 2014 exhibition held in Kuala Lumpur.

Brigadier Ghulam Murtaza Qureshi (rtd), HIT's director of budget, marketing and procurement, told IHS Jane's that the development is being fast-tracked and the company plans to showcase the tank during the International Defence Exhibition and Seminar 2014 (IDEAS 2014) in Islamabad in December.

The development of the new MBT began earlier in the decade and Qureshi said it is around 50% complete. Some reports suggested it was being co-developed with China's NORINCO and was a version of China's MBT-3000.

Qureshi claimed this was incorrect and that the Al Khalid-I is an indigenous development of Pakistan's mainstay tank, the Al Khalid, which was jointly developed in the early 1990s with NORINCO (known in China as the MBT-2000) and commissioned in 2001.

The Pakistan Army's Armoured Corps operates about 420 Al Khalid MBTs, along with Al Zarrar (Type 59/59M), Type 69, Type 85 IIAP and T-80UD tanks. The Al Khalid-I will replace approximately 300 Type 85s and 320 T-80s, which are known to operate in semi-desert and desert areas of the country.

The existing Al Khalid is powered by a Ukrainian 6TD-2 power pack developing a maximum power of 1,200 bhp. It also features integrated battle management, auto transmission control, muzzle reference and active threat protection systems.

Qureshi added that the design concept of the Al Khalid-I is primarily based on further refining and improving mobility, firepower and protection. Initially, the design featured around 10 major changes over the Al Khalid hull, but due to rising costs and budgetary constraints, this has been reduced to six.

These include a new 1,500 bhp power pack to improve its power-to-weight ratio and a digital driver manual. The HIT official confirmed that it would retain the 125 mm smoothbore barrel. As of April 2014, trials are under way to finalise the new power pack. These details concur with comments at IDEAS 2012 by a senior official at Pakistan's Ministry of Defence Procurement who told said that an improved version would feature a more powerful diesel power pack, improved command and control and better night-fighting capabilities.

HIT plans to complete trials of the Al Khalid-I with the Pakistani Army by the first quarter of 2015 and based on results, it is hoping to achieve low rate initial production by June 2015. HIT currently has the capability to roll out 20-40 Al Khalid MBTs a year, suggesting it will look to achieve a similar production schedule for the improved version.

(435 words)

Source: HIT reveals new information on Al Khalid-I MBT | Page 4

Is PA retaining some Al Zazars?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom