What's new

Arjun-II MBT development l Updates & discussion.

@GORKHALI ,yes brother,you had told me before and you were completely totally absolutely hundred percent right that @Dazzler is a basket case.

@Dazzler ,you effing moron.Stop making a fool out of yourself.Do you mind telling us how come a non explosive dynamic armor suddenly became a copy of the Kontakt 5 ERA??
Well,what to expect from a 10 year old gullible simpleton on steroids who believes that torsion bar is better than hydro gas suspension and an L48 gun becomes better than L52!!

But I don't blame ya,really.I mean,after all it's not your fault that you are a moron and a madrassa "educated"!!

For starters, I have had enough of you so had to report the post. Better learn some manners before indulging in an argument, i.e. if you know how to conduct one. You have depicted a very bad picture of indian members on thi sforum by this absurd post of yours.

Your use of foul language shows where you come from, nothing hidden here.

this is the reactive armour on DRDO post, used on T-72 (K-1 clone unless you are blind or something)

erapanel.jpg

Arjun ERA cover, see the tiles? they are NOT NERA acn cannot be due to turret limitations in design,

Arjun_tank_-_main.jpg

compared with Bhishma, same dimensions, same size, K-5 ERA, also notice the galcis on both tanks..

T-901.jpg

lastly, you id**t, NEAR is basically a part of composite armour, just a component, few tiles sandwiched between other metallic/ non metallic materials. Your showing of a few marketing pics only means that Kanchan composite armour has NERA layer (s), not fitted on the outer turret which would be absurd on part of designers (have they not done too much absurdity with Arjun already?).

for instance, see Leo -2 NERA layered cover..

leo2a5warstwy.png

got it? no? see again, Polish NERA inserts explained..

typicalarmor.jpg

the purpose of using NERA is by no means to defeat the incoming apfsds or HEAT round, but to reduce the velocity by obstructing it with materials of different density, material thickness and hardness.

Lastly, no body said Hydroas is inferior to torsion bar you idiot, you have comprehension issue or what? I said it depends upon REQUIREMENTS, guess you work at DRDO who does not know the difference of requirements and qualities. What is the best out there, may not be feasible for some, its is simple logic. Go and argue Germans why they opted for Torsion bars instead of mighty hydrogas suspension

Hope you get it under your thick skinned head now.

Last edited:
If these bull sh*t is really what you believe in,then I fear I've got nothing to argue with you because I for one never argue with a fool.Believe whatever the effing hell you want to,spew any sort of nonsense your heart pleases to......I for one will not intervene ever again.

Meanwhile,enjoy your not so slow descend into insanity!!

For starters, I have had enough of you so had to report the post. Better learn some manners before indulging in an argument, i.e. if you know how to conduct one. You have depicted a very bad picture of indian members on thi sforum by this absurd post of yours.

Your use of foul language shows where you come from, nothing hidden here.

this is the reactive armour on DRDO post, used on T-72 (K-1 clone unless you are blind or something)

erapanel.jpg

Arjun ERA cover, see the tiles? they are NOT NERA acn cannot be due to turret limitations in design,

Arjun_tank_-_main.jpg

compared with Bhishma, same dimensions, same size, K-5 ERA, also notice the galcis on both tanks..

T-901.jpg

lastly, you id**t, NEAR is basically a part of composite armour, just a component, few tiles sandwiched between other metallic/ non metallic materials. Your showing of a few marketing pics only means that Kanchan composite armour has NERA layer (s), not fitted on the outer turret which would be absurd on part of designers (have they not done too much absurdity with Arjun already?).

for instance, see Leo -2 NERA layered cover..

leo2a5warstwy.png

got it? no? see again, Polish NERA inserts explained..

typicalarmor.jpg

the purpose of using NERA is by no means to defeat the incoming apfsds or HEAT round, but to reduce the velocity by obstructing it with materials of different density, material thickness and hardness.

Lastly, no body said Hydroas is inferior to torsion bar you idiot, you have comprehension issue or what? I said it depends upon REQUIREMENTS, guess you work at DRDO who does not know the difference of requirements and qualities. What is the best out there, may not be feasible for some, its is simple logic. Go and argue Germans why they opted for Torsion bars instead of mighty hydrogas suspension

Hope you get it under your thick skinned head now

All because it looks like K 5,its Clone ? I stopped reading after you come up with this BS:undecided:

Exactly, he can judge an ERA panel just by looking at the picture i.e. without looking what's inside.
What a clairvoyant......:rofl:

you guys are immature and unable to grasp things. waste of time

you guys are immature

Look who is talking..

Responding to user requirements of providing additional protection to tank, DRDO has developed an ERA system, which effectively reduces penetration of Milan 2 shaped charge warhead to the extent of 70 per cent.

The ERA developed by DRDO is a sandwich of explosive and metal plates. The panels of ERA are assembled in metallic containers. When the jet of a shaped charge warhead hits ERA panel, explosive in it detonates. As a result, the plates are accelerated and start moving outward in normal direction. The moving plates and the detonaters render the jet ineffective which loses its penetration capability.

Based on RDX, a special type of sheet explosive has also been developed for ERA.This sheet explosive is waterproof. It is not cap sensitive and also quite insensitive to frition, impact and heat. However, it gets initiated by a shaped-charge jet.

The ERA technology has met all the requirements of the user and was accepted for introduction into the Indian Army. The production of ERA panels has commenced in the Ordnance factories.

If these bull sh*t is really what you believe in,then I fear I've got nothing to argue with you because I for one never argue with a fool.Believe whatever the effing hell you want to,spew any sort of nonsense your heart pleases to......I for one will not intervene ever again.

Meanwhile,enjoy your not so slow descend into insanity!!

so after all what i explained in my post, this is what u came up with. great going, waiting for ur next attempt

Exactly, he can judge an ERA panel just by looking at the picture i.e. without looking what's inside.
What a clairvoyant......:rofl:

While I'm not sure what is used on the turret (on the glacis, I think it has to be DPA), I would say the looks
are irrelevant - what matters is the material composition inside. The looks/dimensions are moulded accordingly
to the tank's size & geometry.

Look who is talking..

Responding to user requirements of providing additional protection to tank, DRDO has developed an ERA system, which effectively reduces penetration of Milan 2 shaped charge warhead to the extent of 70 per cent.

The ERA developed by DRDO is a sandwich of explosive and metal plates. The panels of ERA are assembled in metallic containers. When the jet of a shaped charge warhead hits ERA panel, explosive in it detonates. As a result, the plates are accelerated and start moving outward in normal direction. The moving plates and the detonaters render the jet ineffective which loses its penetration capability.

Based on RDX, a special type of sheet explosive has also been developed for ERA.This sheet explosive is waterproof. It is not cap sensitive and also quite insensitive to frition, impact and heat. However, it gets initiated by a shaped-charge jet.

The ERA technology has met all the requirements of the user and was accepted for introduction into the Indian Army. The production of ERA panels has commenced in the Ordnance factories.

the argument was whether arjun has nera inserts within era like boxes, did u even read??

the description is standard k-1 class era made under tot by drdo, nothing special about it

All because it looks like K 5,its Clone ? I stopped reading after you come up with this BS:undecided:

simply because what followed, was beyond ur understanding.

Your argument is that 'those aren't dynamic passive armour,but ERA,and a copy of K 5'.

MBlpqsT.jpg

DRDO doesn't make these..
NO man, my argument is that the pics and description of shown dynamic passive armor is housed with turret cavity, and a part of composite structure. the external plates are ERA akin to K-5.

NO man, my argument is that the pics and description of shown dynamic passive armor is housed with turret cavity, and a part of composite structure. the external plates are ERA akin to K-5.

Hmm..that picture I gave is from a DRDO publication

Your argument is that 'those aren't dynamic passive armour,but ERA,and a copy of K 5'.

MBlpqsT.jpg

DRDO doesn't make these..
the era pic in my orevious post was taken from drdo website

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom