What's new

Argentina Considering To Purchase 12 JF17C Worth 664Million Dollars

Argentina may not have much cash but is filled with agri, minerals & its geo-political position, all above are of immense value to China.
So dont worry they cannot pay.
If they want to, they can afford a full take back falkland package from China.

Even US are really to sell. Do you think Argentina will take the bait? They dont want another case of Super Etenard getting screw due to lack of exocet missile becos of deliberate delay by France on the request of UK. Enrol F-16 into the tender is just a method to pressure CATIC to lower the JF-17 price further.

Save your breadth. JF-17 is the only solution for AF.
It is South America. The USA has controlled South America for more than 100 years without competitors.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that the CIA has completely controlled the govt and media in Argentina. If the CIA has controlled everything in Argentina, even if Americans tell Argentines that the moon is square, Argentines will feel that the moon has four corners.

What's more, F16 is really a good airplane. Americans just need to deceive Argentines into believing that the USA will not prohibit Argentina from using F16 to attack British people. The Argentine govt officials and media controlled by the CIA only need to pretend to be cheated by USA.

Argentina is not China, and its officials are not responsible for the wrong decisions. They don't need to go to jail for it. Wait a few years at the most before re entering the election. But the dollars added to their accounts do exist.

Last edited:
Im surprised that they are considering the F-16. I am certain the US will not sell any Harpoons to them, nor will the French sell Exocet under pressure from UK. Ukraine cant sell anyone Neptune's right now (they need them). So the only options would Kh-35 and C-802/803 with respect to air launched AShM. Now, id ve surprised if Mig-35 could actually go beyond the initial phase given that anyone buying big ticket items from Russia will be heavily sanctioned, not to mention, im not sure when Russia would even be able to deliver them given the state of the war currently. China/Pakistan and India would be all that is left but India does not make any munitions it could sell to the Argentines with respect to outside of maybe Astra (which i doubt the Argentines would want) or Brahmos (which may not be allowed given MTCR restrictions on India to export such a weapon).

Sonif they want AShM capabilities, the only system that makes any sense is JF-17

It is South America. The USA has controlled South America for more than 100 years without competitors.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that the CIA has completely controlled the govt and media in Argentina. If the CIA has controlled everything in Argentina, even if Americans tell Argentines that the moon is square, Argentines will feel that the moon has four corners.

What's more, F16 is really a good airplane. Americans just need to deceive Argentines into believing that the USA will not prohibit Argentina from using F16 to attack British people. The Argentine govt officials and media controlled by the CIA only need to pretend to be cheated by USA.

Argentina is not China, and its officials are not responsible for the wrong decisions. They don't need to go to jail for it. Wait a few years at the most before re entering the election. But the dollars added to their accounts do exist.
Yes, USA has complete control south American like how Venezuela going against USA. Stop delude yourself. South American will go with the flow when things is on their interest. If US is really so powerful, they would have convince Argentina to give up Falkland.

Since you like to talk shxt. Why not bet with me with your account that which fighter plane will win Argentina tender? Whoever loses will cease their account and stop posting. Stop wasting bandwidth about AF getting trojan horse F-16.

Last edited:
As per this military report from Argentine,
Mig35 is double engine, So its $18000/hour operational cost is understandable but why small Tejas operational cost is $12000/hour? Similarly JF17 hourly cost why so low that too didn't understandable. Can anyone expert shed some technical light?
Are these heavily manipulated figures or their is some truth in it as well?

@siegecrossbow
@MastanKhan
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
@MilSpec
@dbc
@gambit
@Deino
As a 6-ton light aircraft, the operational cost of JF-17 is not surprisingly low, and the JAS-39 is also $8,000 per hour.

Yes, USA has complete control south American like how Venezuela going against USA. Stop delude yourself. South American will go with the flow when things is on their interest. If US is really so powerful, they would have convince Argentina to give up Falkland.

Since you like to talk shxt. Why not bet with me with your account that which fighter plane will win Argentina tender? Whoever loses will cease their account and stop posting. Stop wasting bandwidth about AF getting trojan horse F-16.

Hi,

Why would US convince argentina to give up its claim over Falkland---. Then it would have to convince england to give up its claim over Gibraltor, and india over Kashmir.

Then Mexico will lay claim over california & Texas and then the american indians wpould claim their lost lands.

They are most probably doing window shopping, what we call in Urdu " chaske Baz". Think this is similar to pa trying to modernize it's standard assault rifle

Hi,

Why would US convince argentina to give up its claim over Falkland---. Then it would have to convince england to give up its claim over Gibraltor, and india over Kashmir.

Then Mexico will lay claim over california & Texas and then the american indians wpould claim their lost lands.
They dont have to force anything. We will be happy to sell the plane with Aim-9M, a2g munitions and no harpoon. The question is will Argentina go for it. I doubt it very much.

Why does the USA need Argentina to stop claiming islands? This problem is one of the weapons Americans use to control the British. It will make the British beg for help from the USA. You are Chinese, you should know the truth of "杀鸡取卵" "兔死狗烹" and "养贼自重", right? Moreover, to ask Argentina to stop claiming islands is not in line with the proposition of "anti colonialism" in the world after WW2.

I don't gamble because I know Argentina is most likely to choose JF-17. I just said one possibility for Argentina to choose the F-16. This proves that the F-16 is not entirely impossible.

I don't gamble because I know Argentina is most likely to choose JF-17. I just said one possibility for Argentina to choose the F-16. This proves that the F-16 is not entirely impossible.
you dont dare to take my challenge becos you know u will surely lost. You just put on a brave front with your thick skin to argue for sake of arguing.

Hi,

The US wants a strong alliance of all their so called allies. Precisely Argentina goes closer to China becos we support their claim of Falkland. US will never do so becos UK is a more important allies than Argentina. Now Argentina is against UK and put a big dent on American dream of uniting all front against China.

If Argentina drop claim of Falkland. R/s between UK and Argentina will normalise and US can fully support whatever policy these 2 countries pursue except going closer to China.

Now China support Argentina claim of Falkland makes China a pole position for Argentina foreign policy. This is something hinder US develop deeper r/s with Argentina. This Falkland is a stumbling stone for American. If US is really so powerful as some claim. US shall be able to force down Argentina throat to drop Falkland claim but apparently, its beyond US power or influence to do that.

Last edited:
If we can meet the numbers then we can supply Iran, Syria, Afghanistan, Vietnam etc

JF17 is the best value multirole plane in the world.
what use do you think Afghanistan will have for a fighter jet and how would they pay for it with the money locked up by the US. Even Nigeria, in theory a bigger country with lots of oil, can't afford a squadron.

They want a plane capable of flying, not dragged across the road on the back of a food truck.
Patience @PakFactor: the MK4 version in 2041 will have all the capabilities that Argentina needed in 2022. Just you mark my words and Indian jets will dominate, including selling to the US Navy for trainers.

It would be stupid for Argentina to get F 16 even if these fighters are better than JF 17 technically becos US is going to control every opertion and supply of the airplanes and US on behalf of Britain will choke Argentina on the supplies to F 16 in time of war and conflict just as France did in the previous Falklands war.

It would be stupid for Argentina to get F 16 even if these fighters are better than JF 17 technically becos US is going to control every opertion and supply of the airplanes and US on behalf of Britain will choke Argentina on the supplies to F 16 in time of war and conflict just as France did in the previous Falklands war.
Precisely, unless Argentina dropped claim of Falkland and re establish better ties with UK. F-16 deal from US is not gonna happened.

what use do you think Afghanistan will have for a fighter jet and how would they pay for it with the money locked up by the US. Even Nigeria, in theory a bigger country with lots of oil, can't afford a squadron.

Patience @PakFactor: the MK4 version in 2041 will have all the capabilities that Argentina needed in 2022. Just you mark my words and Indian jets will dominate, including selling to the US Navy for trainers.
Not that Nigeria can only afford a JF-17 squadron, but that it only needs one squadron. You can see its neighbors' air force.

When talking about India, please don't use the words "will", "maybe", "future", "expected", etc. I am allergic to Indians who use these words.

you dont dare to take my challenge becos you know u will surely lost. You just put on a brave front with your thick skin to argue for sake of arguing.

The US wants a strong alliance of all their so called allies. Precisely Argentina goes closer to China becos we support their claim of Falkland. US will never do so becos UK is a more important allies than Argentina. Now Argentina is against UK and put a big dent on American dream of uniting all front against China.

If Argentina drop claim of Falkland. R/s between UK and Argentina will normalise and US can fully support whatever policy these 2 countries pursue except going closer to China.

Now China support Argentina claim of Falkland makes China a pole position for Argentina foreign policy. This is something hinder US develop deeper r/s with Argentina. This Falkland is a stumbling stone for American. If US is really so powerful as some claim. US shall be able to force down Argentina throat to drop Falkland claim but apparently, its beyond US power or influence to do that.
You misunderstood my meaning.

I do think Argentina will choose JF-17. But I don't rule out Argentina choosing the F-16.

What I really mean is that we can judge how deeply the United States controls the country through Argentina's choice.

If they choose the F-16 that is obviously not in their national interest, then we don't need to waste time and money for this country.

Without modern BVR's and Anti Ship Missiles F-16's will serve no purpose for Argentina, JF is definitely not comparable to F-16 in many aspects, but when it comes to more Diverse EW Suite, Weapon Package and Sanction free JF-17 makes much more sense, Plus not to mention the Low operational/Maintenance cost of the jet.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom