What's new

Are you Hindu first or Indian first?

Not sure about the question, but it is rather ironic considering that India as a state is secular by constituition unlike other places where this question has been asked.
They have their own version of secularism where cow slaughter is forbidden and different laws of marriage/inheritance/adoption/quota system etc unlike secularism in west

Indian first. I believe in hindu way of life. But that is my own personal matter. Our nation is our first and foremost identity.

This is wrong people are human first. And they are earth people first. Indian or whatever is a short term identity.

Its ok dear. Why you are not loyal to canada when you born and grew up in there?

Dont you expect same from Muslims in India to be loyal to country of their birth?
I might have lived in Canada but my origins are from India. I look like an India, I eat Indian food, I wear Indian.Then why shouldn't I love India? Muslims who are born and raised in India or who originate from India, are Indians no matter where they go afterwards. You must always love your motherland.

That is a frustrating question and I have no answer for that, I have seen us born Indians perfectly aligning themselves to USA as US citizens, but there is a little bit of India that cannot be taken out ... and for the migrants, you can take an Indian out of India, but not the India out of an Indian....
Its not frustrating question. Its quiet obvious that Hindu/Sikhs of Canadians/American/British nationality feel for India because of religion/culture so thats why this question nationality vs religion :)

what every be the religion but we are going to be our loyal country man first

My question is why then BJP got in power and we all know politics of BJP and MODi revolve around Hindu nationalism or Hinduvataid RSS ideologies

The constitution of India is very clear on the matter and it remains secular. Even a political party like BJP will conform to that and they do. Govt. of India is not biased in terms of religion.

Its not frustrating question. Its quiet obvious that Hindu/Sikhs of Canadians/American/British nationality feel for India because of religion/culture so thats why this question nationality vs religion :)

They feel for their homeland more than any other. Otherwise, Nankana Sahib is in Pakistan :)

The constitution of India is very clear on the matter and it remains secular. Even a political party like BJP will conform to that and they do. Govt. of India is not biased in terms of religion.
and we knew how neutral were government or government official in all previous Hindus vs others riots

I might have lived in Canada but my origins are from India. I look like an India, I eat Indian food, I wear Indian.Then why shouldn't I love India? Muslims who are born and raised in India or who originate from India, are Indians no matter where they go afterwards. You must always love your motherland.

I understand but when you or your parent took Canadian citizenship..did not you promised to show loyalty towards this country Canada? Why your parent left India in the first place if you were such loyal to India?

what ever be the religion but we are going to be our loyal country man first

Back
Top Bottom