What's new

Are we the custodians of the Muslim Ummah?

Would you like to provide credible sources of these facts, so that i can increase my knowledge

Google the forum... pilots like saiful azam... pics of arab/palestinian forces trained by ssg... and news of Pak providing more than 1200+ scholarships alone to palestinians(every year).... heck when we got Freedom in 47 even than we helped the palestinians (i learnt abt tht watching the interview of palestinian embassador to Pakistan by express 24/7 English)

where can i see the rest of the show? Some of the parts are missing.

Google the forum... pilots like saiful azam... pics of arab/palestinian forces trained by ssg... and news of Pak providing more than 1200+ scholarships alone to palestinians.... heck when we got Freedom in 47 even than we helped the palestinians (i learnt abt tht watching the interview of palestinian embassador to Pakistan by express 24/7 English)

And what's your opinion about fee oil, funds for nukes and donations

And what's your opinion about fee oil, funds for nukes and donations

Free oil? free soldiers protecting royals?free nuclear umbrella?nobody gave us funds for our nukes as per Dr AQ Khan and Dr Samar Mubarak... donations? even usa gave them... its a shame we take donations!

Now lets see arabs on kashmir issue? encouraging india to join OIC?no more oil frm kuwait n KSA?
lol ... ummah yeah right!

Free oil? free soldiers protecting royals?free nuclear umbrella?nobody gave us funds for our nukes as per Dr AQ Khan and Dr Samar Mubarak... donations? even usa gave them... its a shame we take donations!

So, you are suggesting that we are hired guns, if so than why you are screaming we have done this and that?

I am supportive of put Pakistan first, because if we are strong and can stand on our feet than we can think to do something about others. But i hate blind patriotism or waisy bhe God doesn't like arrogance/pride.

which ummah?? ummah is nothing but a dream....muslims have killed more muslims throughout the history...current pakistan and balochistan is best example of it....religion can not unite anyone there will be differences always..

extreme nationalism decreases rationalism, and guys be rational instead of being a stupid national, if nationalism become pakistan's base then ethnic nationalism will also rise, a country like pakistan has no need for strict nationalism, we can be better muslims and nationals at the same time

we must think about humanity, pakistyan shares human nature with the world and we should condemn terrorism where ever possible, whether it be american terrorism, or israeli zionist terrorism

which ummah?? ummah is nothing but a dream....muslims have killed more muslims throughout the history...current pakistan and balochistan is best example of it....religion can not unite anyone there will be differences always..

go back to the definition of unity, the unity means the common people uniting for similar cause, living in pakistan it was hard for me to find the ummah concept, but when i travelled abroad, a guy in foreign country finds another muslim to have many common things, like praying to allah in mosque, sharing the belief faith and eating halal food and common opinions on many different problems

so yes ummah is a reality if not in political sense for now then social sense also because many muslims tend to practice their religion as compared to other religions such as hinduism christianity

Well, I am very disappointed by the reaction of many of the members here.

As I'm not in a mood to get into any argument, I would just like to present my view.

First of all, as Muslims, we are obliged to follow Qur'an and Sunnah, all the other things comes later.

Lets see what Qur'an and Hadith commands ME:

“The Mu’minoon are but a single Brotherhood.” (The Holy Qur’an, 49:10)

“The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another: they enjoin the ma`roof (all of Islam), and forbid the munkar (all that is evil; kufr): they observe regular prayers, pay Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise.” (The Holy Qur’an, 9:71)

Muhammad (Salla Allahu `alaihi wa sallam) indicated in several Ahadith on unity and brotherhood as we can see in his (saaws) Farewell Sermon (khuTbat ul-wadaa`):

“All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood.”

Other Ahadith further elaborate on the concept of unity and brotherhood:

"A Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. He does not oppress him, nor does he leave him at the mercy of others." (Sahih Muslim Book 032, Number 6219)

The Prophet said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." (Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 12)

"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which God (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude God’s favor on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren;and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire,and He saved you from it. Thus doth God make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided" (The Glorious Quran 3:103)

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 386: (Sahih Bukhari)

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah’s Apostle said, “Whoever prays like us and faces our Qibla and eats our slaughtered animals is a Muslim and is under Allah’sand His Apostle’s protection. So do not betray Allah by betraying those who are in His protection.”

Now when I have been commanded by ALLAH and His Messanger [S.A.W], I need no excuse to question the concept of "Ummah". Even then, lets analyse, today, if we see, Nationalism is one of the biggest cause of collective downfall of Muslims, if you believe in nationalism, then you should also give rights to Punjabis, Balochis etc because to them and other ethnic groups (Some people) believe in their own nationalism. Likewise, Kurdistan, Pushtoonistan and there are many examples if you wanna justify Nationalism.

As far as Patriotism for ones motherland is concerned, it is a part of the Iman, love for the Homeland but Islam teaches us to be loyal to the homeland but in the boundaries, your "nationalism" as you call it should NOT be above any other Muslim group which is not of your nationality.

When we talk about Pakistan, Pakistan came into being believing in the ideology of Islam, why are forgetting our founding Fathers? Have we ever analysed what they left for us, Do I need to explain the concept of Pan-Islamism that Allama Iqbal presented?

Do you want me to quote Quaid e Azam on the Unity of Muslims? He was a frontline activist for the cause of Palestine.

Unity of Muslims is the need of the hour. Whether you agree with me or disagree, my devotion towards my other Muslim brothers and Sisters is not dependent on how they look at me, but how ALLAH will look at me from above.

"In taza khudaon mein bada sabsay watan hai; Jo pairahan iska hai, voh mazhab ka kafan hai (Of all the new false gods, the biggest is the motherland (watan); The garment of this idea is actually the death-shroud of religion)."

-Allama Iqbal

On 15 October 1937, in the course of his presidential address to the All-India Muslim League Session at Lucknow, Muhammad Ali Jinnah said:

“May I now turn and refer to the question of Palestine? It has moved the Mussalmans all over India most deeply. The whole policy of the British Government has been a betrayal of the Arabs, from its very inception. Fullest advantage has been taken of their trusting nature. Great Britain has dishonoured her proclamation to the Arabs, which had guaran-teed them complete independence for the Arab homelands and the formation of an Arab Confederation under the stress of the Great War. After having utilized them, by giving them false promises, they installed themselves as the Mandatory Power with that infamous Balfour Declaration, which was obviously irreconcilable and incapable of simultaneous execution. Then, having pursued the policy to find a national home for the Jews, Great Britain now proposes to partition Palestine, and the Royal Commission’s recommendation completes the tragedy. If given effect to, it must necessarily lead to the complete ruination and destruction of every legitimate aspiration of the Arabs in their homeland — and now we are asked to-look at the realities! But who created this situation? It has been the handiwork of and brought about sedulously by the British statesmen … I am sure I am speaking not only of the Mussalmans of India but of the world; and all sections of thinking and fair-minded people will agree, when I say that Great Britain will be digging its grave if she fails to honour her original proclamation, promises and intentions — pre war and even post-war — which were so unequivocally expressed to the Arabs and the world at large. I find that a very tense feeling of excitement has been created and the British Government, out of sheer desperation, are resorting to repressive measures, and ruthlessly dealing with the public opinion of the Arabs in Palestine. The Muslims of India will stand solid and will help the Arabs in every way they can in the brave and just struggle that they are carrying on against all odds.”

:smitten:

I choose to follow my ideals, starting from Prophet Muhammed [S.A.W], to our great leaders, Iqbal and Jinnah :) Period!

Pakistan and other (Muslim) countries should concentrate on themselves only!

Be strong and have co-operation with each other. Resolve long standing issues like Israel,Kashmir and Chechnya etc ... Go for peace , stability and economic prosperity but KEEP YOUR IDENTITY as MUSLIMS !!!!!!!! This is the best way forward. I want Pakistan to be a great state but I HATE idiot 'wanna be Westerners' in Pakistan (there are some youth in Pakistan like that) ...lol

Sir Ummah is the reality and will always will be Muslims brothers according to Quran and Sunnah if you want to check the concept of Ummah just attack Pakistan and hope our leaders declare Jihad and than you will see How much Muslims will come to join us is fight against India

I think every Muslim wishes for a strong united Ummah and some way to get every one together on the basis of equality. But real life kicks in, personal and national interests often differ from Ummah interests and sooner or later its every man for itself.

Arabs have minimized their Ummah goals and are doing sort of better than we are. They have this Arab unity thing going on, which has further been shrunk to GCC unity. Even they deep down want unity, but are slowly getting realistic about what they can achieve and with whom.

Forget Islam for a while, and just think about it on practical terms. If say Pakistan and Qatar (for example's sakes) were united as one country. Who would be the leader, a Qatari or a Pakistani? There always has to be a leader whether its a person or a country thats a different thing.

If Pakistan, Saudi, Qatar, Bahrain were in a union, then who?

Back
Top Bottom