What's new

Are we celebrating Prophet's B'day or making others life Hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebrating birthdays is Bidah. Enough said I hope. He never did celebrate his birthday, and urged us not to do so. Why don't we just listen? Did you look at the clip?

Where is it bidah? show me the proof. And that geeza, his full of hate bro a nasty salafi u can tell from his speech.

As you say, your honor.

Do what you feel like. I've done on my side, posting the information. Try to search for other sources yourself, and fatwa from senior 'neutral' scholars. You're just following something which isn't in Quran or Sunnah, made by people from themselves, hence it's Bidah.

Edit: Many people go to graves of those whom they consider pious on this day, which is a shirk. Now I know you'll ask for some reference? Here you go.

'Aishah reports that the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said: "Allah cursed the Jews and Christians [because] they took the graves of their prophets as mosques." This is related by al-Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad, and an-Nasa' i .

Ahmad and Muslim record from Abu Marthad al-Ghanawi that the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said: "Do not pray facing a grave and do not sit on one." They also record that Jundub ibn 'Abdullah al-Bajali heard the Prophet say, five days before he died: "The people before you took graves as mosques. I prohibit this to you."

'Aishah reports that Umm Salamah mentioned the churches she saw in Abyssinia and the pictures they contained to the Messenger of Allah. The Prophet said to her: "These are the people who, when a pious servant or pious man among them dies, build a mosque [place of worship] upon their graves and put those pictures in it. They are the worst of the whole creation in the sight of Allah." This is related by al-Bukhari, Muslim, and an-Nasa' i .

The Prophet is also reported to have said: "Allah curses those who visit the graves and take them as mosques and light lamps over them." Many scholars take this prohibition to be one of dislike, regardless of whether the grave is in front of the imam or behind him. According to the zahiri school, this prohibition is one of complete forbiddance and as such, prayer at a grave site is not valid.

Hence concluding, tombs and any similar type of place, where people go and ask dua from the dead is Shirk. And the tradition of lightening candles and most other activity done is haram. Please spread the message tot hose who visit it, in guidance of those whom they consider to be Imams, but are actually calling people for shirk.

Bro the decisions scholars make to do there fatwas is also from people, from human thought so you might aswell call all decisions made after the prophet (saws) lifetime as bidah. I've done some research its only haraam if you celebrate it to emulate the kaafir or celebrate it in a way those of other religions do. You can celebrate it very islamically.

Think before you follow people, but im not surprised the way you think most of our people think similarly so not your fault son.

You can celebrate it very islamically.

Celebrate? Islamically?
If you mean by remembering the Prophet (SAWS) and reciting Quran. Why only one day? Why not all the days?
Is Islam for us, only for a day? If we practice them daily, then this day won't be any different. Except for fasting.

but im not surprised the way you think most of our people think similarly
I feel the same about you. Just practicing what you were taught from parents and what you see around you, but knowing how we Pakistanis are, you should have some knowledge of Islam and Hadiths, to understand. Many things we can witness today done by the 'Mullahs' are not in Islam! For example, during the sermon, 3 weeks ago, on Friday, the local Masjid's 'Imam' said that Pakistan Army is kaffir and the Taliban fighters are pro-Islam. He was promoting suicide bombing.

Our people are misguided, you know that too. Learn everything from a base, and you will see the difference, which I am afraid you aren't doing it now.

I think this whole discussion is a bit waste of time. If some one wants to celebrate the birthday of Prophet (saww) he should do so and if some one doesn’t want to do it, it is his wish and he also must do so. Why so much blah blah!!! I really don’t understand why we have to consider it Islamic or un Islamic in view of it that Prophet (saww) and Sahaba (ra) didn’t do it. They never wore salwar qameez I think, they never ate biryani, they never watched TV and never used computers, phone, mobiles and other stuff so should I not use it also?? I always think that prophet (saww) came to make us Muslims, not Arabs. It was Najadi doctrine to make us Arabs, not Islamic concept. They have there customs and traditions and we have ours. There are specifics dos and don’ts. Apart from it we can do many things. It is very strange that when I celebrate my birthday or my son’s birthday or my father’s birthday, I feel happy and no body has any objection but when a person who is more important to me than my father and son, and I want to celebrate his birthday it becomes bidah, Why?? I will follow Islam which is Deen-e-Fitrat. I will not follow some Najadi doctrine.

Celebrate? Islamically?
If you mean by remembering the Prophet (SAWS) and reciting Quran. Why only one day? Why not all the days?
Is Islam for us, only for a day? If we practice them daily, then this day won't be any different. Except for fasting.

I feel the same about you. Just practicing what you were taught from parents and what you see around you, but knowing how we Pakistanis are, you should have some knowledge of Islam and Hadiths, to understand. Many things we can witness today done by the 'Mullahs' are not in Islam! For example, during the sermon, 3 weeks ago, on Friday, the local Masjid's 'Imam' said that Pakistan Army is kaffir and the Taliban fighters are pro-Islam. He was promoting suicide bombing.

Our people are misguided, you know that too. Learn everything from a base, and you will see the difference, which I am afraid you aren't doing it now.

Because 5 pillars of Islam are the most important thing and things like this we can do once a year.

My parents are opposites so what I practise and preach has nothing to do with them, what base? There's all sorts of groups and views, so just stick to the basics and be happy.

Human brain has a limited capacity for the storage and processing of information.

The most intelligent citizens of Muslim country X have their brains stuffed with religious thoughts & ideas, and debate about these issues as some sort of national priority.

The most intelligent citizens of some country Y have their brains stuffed with innovative & critical thoughts on cutting-edge technology, development policies and finding new sources of material wealth.

Now, don't you think it's only fair for country Y to have a better developed, more progressive society with a higher quality of life than country X?

I want all countries matching the description of X to seriously consider catching up, unless evolution has failed a part of the human race.

I think this whole discussion is a bit waste of time. If some one wants to celebrate the birthday of Prophet (saww) he should do so and if some one doesn’t want to do it, it is his wish and he also must do so. Why so much blah blah!!! I really don’t understand why we have to consider it Islamic or un Islamic in view of it that Prophet (saww) and Sahaba (ra) didn’t do it. They never wore salwar qameez I think, they never ate biryani, they never watched TV and never used computers, phone, mobiles and other stuff so should I not use it also?? I always think that prophet (saww) came to make us Muslims, not Arabs. It was Najadi doctrine to make us Arabs, not Islamic concept. They have there customs and traditions and we have ours. There are specifics dos and don’ts. Apart from it we can do many things. It is very strange that when I celebrate my birthday or my son’s birthday or my father’s birthday, I feel happy and no body has any objection but when a person who is more important to me than my father and son, and I want to celebrate his birthday it becomes bidah, Why?? I will follow Islam which is Deen-e-Fitrat. I will not follow some Najadi doctrine.

Well said sick and tired of religious people telling me what to do and what not to do, they just don't understand its there own view, not a fact!

Yes, they are mixing arab culture with Islam. Arab culture is mainly derived from Islam, but to say all of it is from Islam is just false.

There is no single path to "true islam", we all have our own views and opinions on what is the rightpath. Religion is a tricky subject as it stems from our faith not from what we can observe.

As long as we get the basics right; 5 times namaz, zakat, hajj, ramadan and jummah then we can calm down and not worry so much about the rest.

"bidah", how I hate these morons...

the reason for this thread is not weather it is islamic or unislamic, but the think which we should understand is celebrate events like humans not like animals (which unfortunetely our mullahs do in compitetion) wht ever ppls do is not our concern till it doesn't effect us.

Celebrations in a manners that no one can even go to Hospitals in emergency, roads are blocked before even one week, men, womens, childrens cannot go to their destination easily, Mullahs dont even care if someone is dying on road due to blockades, but they are more intrested in decorating mousques with theift electricity with NO CARE FOR HUMANITY in compitition that their celebration must create more troubles than the troubles created in Muharam celebrations

MY QUES IS:
Is this the way Prophet PBUP told us to celebrate events?
Why this Cartoon bearded Mullahs dont hear Govt when they request them to celebrate in grounds instead of dancing like monkeys on Main Roads? & when any thing happend & they die like dogs on roads they blame Govt for not providing them security.

The Day 12 Rabiul Awal is the Day for creating Hope amongs muslims it should motivate us to follow the life of Prophet Muhammad PBUH not just physically but practically the way he lives his life the way he cared for Humanity his actions persuade everyone to respect him even his enemies.

May Allah Give us strength to follow The Last Maesenger, instead of fighting on beard, Shalwar, way of prayings

P.S: I am talking about every celebrations including Muharram as well.

Do the hijackers of Islam love Our Prophet's preaching or they prefer their Egos more?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PROPHET MUHAMMAD PBUH .......

But am soo sad & your peoples even make me cry sometimes.:(

you question is valid, but you should have used a better decent language for it

you question is valid, but you should have used a better decent language for it

but those jerks who are using islam for their stupid things & disturbing other's life is really frustrating

i still didnt abuse anyone ( even IMO they deserve abuses as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom