What's new

Are Waziristan Soldiers Released Yet?

I am not the greastest fan of military action in the tribal areas but there are certain individuals mentioned above who dont know what diplomacy is, the only answer to them is bullet in the head. .

Sir pardon my ignorance, are you from army??:guns:

PAF???????i thought army was our strong point eventhough PAF is airborne. When USAF with all its might hasnt been able to take out those she wants to (unless given exact and accurate info), how do you expect PAF to deliver. Is our PAF capable enough to take targets outside our boundary?

Its not the point here whos mighty or not, there are certain elements working in afghanistan who want to destabilize pakistan. Why do you think that both the governments of pakistan and afghanistan were accusing eachother, President has said a number of times that there are people living in afghanistan under the influence of the government acting against pakistan, these people are not bombed my americans then. Why do you think that afghanistan and washinton are not allowing pakistan to mine the area. PAF is more then capable to bomb places inside afghanistan if it has too, that depends upon the intelligence.
Besides using PAF was for one factor that FC is suffering heavy casualties, we have already lost more then 1000 men you wana get more killed.

The soldiers kidnapped might have defected. I can not provide any link as yet but if its true then its shocking!

If you can't provide a link then don't post anything. Speculations can be made by anyone.

Above mentioned dudes were not killed by "We". It was an american missile that killed Nek Muhammad. While Baitullah exploded a grenade and did favor to us.

by "We" I meant that those who are against the Taliban.

mellow out guys - stick to the thread
inside info on the 250 or so soldiers who were "kidnapped" is that they were FC men and they just "deserted". this is a issue within the FC (loyalty). remember the FC men are recruited from the same tribes we are trying to "tame and de-militerize" and that is why usa is stalling on the US700 mill modernisation plan for the FC.

I still consider them, defected with their PA issued weapons onto the side of the Tribals.

mellow out guys - stick to the thread
inside info on the 250 or so soldiers who were "kidnapped" is that they were FC men and they just "deserted". this is a issue within the FC (loyalty). remember the FC men are recruited from the same tribes we are trying to "tame and de-militerize" and that is why usa is stalling on the US700 mill modernisation plan for the FC.

My understanding was that the 750 million was primarily meant for development projects in FATA, not military training, and the concern was that the lack of a proper disbursement mechanism would result in money not being utilized properly.

Is this some additional amount being utilized for training?

yea i alerady confirmed these JAWANS have defected and have been enjoying hospitality of talibans from a while now.

Yesterday Negroponte announced here in Pak that they would give USD30 million for FC upgradation.

‘Bargain’ for troops’ release ruled out -DAWN - Top Stories; September 26, 2007
ISLAMABAD, Sept 25: The government on Tuesday asked militants in South Waziristan to release unconditionally over 200 soldiers held hostage by them.

“A jirga is holding negotiations with the militants and the government is hopeful of their safe release,” Interior Ministry spokesman Brig (retd) Javed Iqbal Cheema told Dawn.

“We will not go for any bargain and we have asked tribal leaders to release the soldiers unconditionally. There will be no quid pro quo,” he said.
The Mehsud tribe has claimed to have captured over 240 army personnel, including a colonel, last month.

Earlier in his weekly press briefing, Brig Cheema said the situation in tribal areas was improving as a result of negotiations involving tribal elders. “Twenty-six security personnel have been released and we expect further progress in the days ahead,” he added.

He said the government was trying to establish peace and order in the tribal areas so that attention could be focussed on development of the region for the welfare of tribesmen.

About United States’ criticism of the arrest of opposition leaders, the spokesman said it was an internal matter of Pakistan. “We know better what to do.”
Shouldnt this be in a different article instead of clubbing these two? Is dawn trying the hide the reaction?

He said that leaders and activists of political parties in the All Parties Democratic Movement (APDM) had been arrested in order to maintain law and order.

Brig Cheema said some political leaders and over 100 activists had been placed under preventive detention to maintain calm around the Supreme Court hearing important petitions and the offices of the Election Commission completing procedures for the presidential election.

Answering a question about APDM’s plan to besiege the Supreme Court and the Election Commission, he said the government was left with no option but to take action to maintain peace and order and protect the sanctity of institutions. “Section 144 has been imposed in Islamabad and many other parts of the country to avoid any disturbance,” he said.

He said offices and educational institutions would remain open in the capital on Sep 29 — the day of scrutiny of nomination papers for the presidential election at the Election Commission.

It is becoming a comedy, 200 soldiers kidnapped/ deserted/ whatever and the Pakistan army has been able to do nothing for these many days.

‘Bargain’ for troops’ release ruled out -DAWN - Top Stories; September 26, 2007

It is becoming a comedy, 200 soldiers kidnapped/ deserted/ whatever and the Pakistan army has been able to do nothing for these many days.

What do u expect the army to do and besides it isnt regular army personal its FC. And when negotiations are going here you cant expect the army to act unless and untill these negotiations fail and if they do then PA will act and have acted in the past.

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () { // Check if the popup has been shown before if (!localStorage.getItem('youtubePopupShown')) { // Replace YOUR_VIDEO_ID with your actual YouTube video ID var youtubeURL = 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77WM3ujhvJ4'; // Open the YouTube video in a new popup window var width = 560; var height = 315; var left = (screen.width / 2) - (width / 2); var top = (screen.height / 2) - (height / 2); window.open(youtubeURL, 'YouTubeVideo', `width=${width},height=${height},top=${top},left=${left}`); // Set the flag in localStorage to indicate the popup has been shown localStorage.setItem('youtubePopupShown', 'true'); } });
Back
Top Bottom