What's new

Are there any PAF vs IAF HUD videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
exclusive footage of Wing Commander Shahzaz Ud Din
1536511.gif

That makes sense. It would have also been so exciting to see the JF-17 in action. I'll ask a stupid question,but...there isn't any footage from Operation Trident from the Pakistani side,is there? I know it's mainly naval warfare,but just thought I should ask.
None - just eyewitness reports which were pretty hapless especially when it came to the Styx/Osa combination.

There is however audio recording of the Sinking of the Khukri frigate by the SS Hangor in the naval museum

None - just eyewitness reports which were pretty hapless especially when it came to the Styx/Osa combination.

There is however audio recording of the Sinking of the Khukri frigate by the SS Hangor in the naval museum
If my memory serves me right, there is a respected Pakistani PDF member (think tank) who was present during the aftermath of Op Trident, and involved in the firefighting efforts? @niaz I believe?

Why don't they release the footage? :(

IMO, it is not the policy of PAF. PAF always tries to maintain the element of surprise intact so the enemy keeps on guessing.
If you noticed the whole debate of the kills in February 2019 from the Indian POV was only based upon speculations.
That is also one of the reasons, why PAF successfully retaliated even by warning beforehand to the consequences of Indian intrusion in Pakistan's air space to India.

Still,there was the 1999 Kargil War. There could have been some nice footage released from 1999 and the last skirmish.

With all the Indian (media and government) bragging of the Su-30,Mig-21,Mig-29 superiority,the PAF should have released some videos for propaganda as well. Unless of course they have some agreement with the IAF not to escalate tensions or something.
PAF did not participate in kargil war. So you won't find any footage from kargil.
IAF basically had tactical air superiority over thr kargil sector due to absence of PAF CAPs

Here is an image of indian Mirage 2000s pounding pakistani logiatics base at muntho dhalo during the kargil war
images (22).jpeg
images (23).jpeg
images (24).jpeg

Another footage of Indian Air Force attacking PA posts in kargil

PAF did not participate in kargil war. So you won't find any footage from kargil.
IAF basically had tactical air superiority over thr kargil sector due to absence of PAF CAPs

Here is an image of indian Mirage 2000s pounding pakistani logiatics base at muntho dhalo during the kargil war
View attachment 868960View attachment 868961View attachment 868962

This was also the first released footage of precision munitions usage in the subcontinent even though the PAF had that capability first with the F-16 - Atlis combo the IAF was the first to demonstrate how effective it used it in combat.

The Mirage 2000 - LGB combo was one of the(if not the main) savior of the Indian Military forces in the conflict and turned the tide

View attachment 868960View attachment 868961View attachment 868962

You can find similar footage of PAF jets bombing Indian targets on the 27th of February, but I doubt there’s any footage of PAF from Kargil conflict.

You can find similar footage of PAF jets bombing Indian targets on the 27th of February, but I doubt there’s any footage of PAF from Kargil conflict.
I doubt if there is any footage of PAF targetting/bombing indian installations from 27 feb because none of the bombs hit the designated targets , maybe they were deliberately made to explode a few hundered meters or so away from indian bases to avoid escalation. But the PAF operation on 27 feb was really unpredicatable and daring 👍
But I am also sure IAF must have learned it's lessons from 27 feb by now. The focus got shifted to enhancing the BVR capabilities of our current fleet

This was also the first released footage of precision munitions usage in the subcontinent even though the PAF had that capability first with the F-16 - Atlis combo the IAF was the first to demonstrate how effective it used it in combat.

The Mirage 2000 - LGB combo was one of the(if not the main) savior of the Indian Military forces in the conflict and turned the tide
Very true , the good old mig 21s and the highly unreliable mig27s did not have any precision targetting capabilities back then and had to rely on dumb bombs as well rockets to attack enemy posts and bases. In order to effectively attack enemy positions the migs had to fall in to a lower altitude which got them within the range of PA air defences , as we got to know later , a Mig27 was shot down by pak army stinger missiles

Last edited:
Very true , the good old mig 21s and the highly unreliable mig27s did not have any precision targetting capabilities back then and had to rely on dumb bombs as well rockets to attack enemy posts and bases. In order to effectively attack enemy positions the migs had to fall in to a lower altitude which got them within the range of PA air defences , as we got to know later , a Mig27 was shot down by pak army stinger missiles
They did try their best with makeshift GPS rigs to not violate Pakistani airspace but at the end two fell to stingers. Also tells you the ineptness of Pakistani Army leadership in the area who could not think of air defense beyond MANPADs(although to their defense IAF operationalized the Israeli LGB kit in record time which these three PK generals had no clue of- and at great cost for its budget at the time).

At the end, the conflict will remain a lesson of a tactically brilliant move with no strategic thought to it by the cabal of Musharraf and his buddies… former PM Benazir had made him speechless when he first presented it to her a few years ago… and she kept asking “and then what?” To which the commando dictator had no answer

. Also tells you the ineptness of Pakistani Army leadership in the area who could not think of air defense beyond MANPADs(although to their defense IAF operationalized the Israeli LGB kit in record time which these three PK generals had no clue of- and at great cost for its budget at the time).
PAF Chief wasn't included when the Big-3 were planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom