Are there any PAF vs IAF HUD videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foinikas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Greece
I've been wondering,if there are any videos of dogfights between the PAF and IAF,kind of like the HAF vs THK HUD videos. I wanted to ask you guys here,instead of looking for some on youtube,because I wanted reliable sources and context. It would be very interesting. Thank you!

I've been wondering,if there are any videos of dogfights between the PAF and IAF,kind of like the HAF vs THK HUD videos. I wanted to ask you guys here,instead of looking for some on youtube,because I wanted reliable sources and context. It would be very interesting. Thank you!

I am sure there would be several,
however i am also sure none of them would be made public irrespective of how outdated it maybe.

we don't often playfight like you guys do, we go straight to missiles as seen on 27 feb

Why don't they release the footage? :(

there is a piece released of the 27th feb strike.
you can find that on youtube,

as for the older ones, i don't know.

there is one very famous footage of an F-16 locking on the a sukhoi and forcing it back.
it was shared with the americans.

The HUD view of this incident is available online, if you search for it (pics, not vids):

But generally, neither side encounters the other too often, and even if they do, the footage is not released to the public.

f316d86da5af1792369478e78a9789c8--breguet-august-.jpg

there is one very famous footage of an F-16 locking on the a sukhoi and forcing it back.
it was shared with the americans.
Please share it.

Pathankot Air Raid 1965

Not a dogfight, but its probably closest you will get other than the Su7 being brought down by AAA in 71
Err...he asked for HUD videos. If you want to post generic combat videos, there are plenty from both sides. Here is a video of the Indian navy's air wing laying waste to East Pakistan's crown jewels:

Public nor its relations isn’t exactly well understood by the Pakistan military. They consider (in some cases rightly so) their public to be ignorant of anything military so they only release feel good music videos or at best propaganda narrative.

Plenty of gun camera stills of Indian aircraft in the pipper were released after the two conflicts of 65 and 71 but if they didn’t make it online they are lost to some old issue of military magazines.
A lot of stills and two videos can be seen in the PAF museum in Karachi

But since 1971 and until 27th February 2019 neither airforce has really engaged the other in combat other than the Indian kill of the unarmed lumbering atlantique as posted above so likely no footage

Public nor its relations isn’t exactly well understood by the Pakistan military.
This is more true of the Indian military. The Pakistani military has a better public relations arm than India's does. (ISPR.)

Did you watch the vid? Its gun camera footage
You're right, thanks for the interesting footage.

Public nor its relations isn’t exactly well understood by the Pakistan military. They consider (in some cases rightly so) their public to be ignorant of anything military so they only release feel good music videos or at best propaganda narrative.

Plenty of gun camera stills of Indian aircraft in the pipper were released after the two conflicts of 65 and 71 but if they didn’t make it online they are lost to some old issue of military magazines.
A lot of stills and two videos can be seen in the PAF museum in Karachi

But since 1971 and until 27th February 2019 neither airforce has really engaged the other in combat other than the Indian kill of the unarmed lumbering atlantique as posted above so likely no footage
Oh man,why is the military leadership like that? Here they release videos of engagements,not all of course,but some that are noteworthy are released. Some have become legendary,like this one for example

Still,there was the 1999 Kargil War. There could have been some nice footage released from 1999 and the last skirmish.

With all the Indian (media and government) bragging of the Su-30,Mig-21,Mig-29 superiority,the PAF should have released some videos for propaganda as well. Unless of course they have some agreement with the IAF not to escalate tensions or something.

Oh man,why is the military leadership like that? Here they release videos of engagements,not all of course,but some that are noteworthy are released. Some have become legendary,like this one for example

Still,there was the 1999 Kargil War. There could have been some nice footage released from 1999 and the last skirmish.

With all the Indian (media and government) bragging of the Su-30,Mig-21,Mig-29 superiority,the PAF should have released some videos for propaganda as well. Unless of course they have some agreement with the IAF not to escalate tensions or something.

The real “mock-fights” that happen over the aegean aren’t a feature of the subcontinent. Primarily because well defined airspace demarcation exists so if either side doesn’t adhere to it it will be weapons free and not the pretend furball you guys have while you wait for the 20 minute decision from your chains of command(which are almost always defused through NATO).

The only HUD video of “engagement” would be from the recent tensions but those are likely kept classified by both sides probably because they contain footage that betrays both system capabilities and likely some unmentioned violations of airspace which can be verified visually and used by either side to be very cross with each other

The only HUD video of “engagement” would be from the recent tensions but those are likely kept classified by both sides probably because they contain footage that betrays both system capabilities and likely some unmentioned violations of airspace which can be verified visually and used by either side to be very cross with each other
That makes sense. It would have also been so exciting to see the JF-17 in action. I'll ask a stupid question,but...there isn't any footage from Operation Trident from the Pakistani side,is there? I know it's mainly naval warfare,but just thought I should ask.

The real “mock-fights” that happen over the aegean aren’t a feature of the subcontinent. Primarily because well defined airspace demarcation exists so if either side doesn’t adhere to it it will be weapons free and not the pretend furball you guys have while you wait for the 20 minute decision from your chains of command(which are almost always defused through NATO).
Exactly. There are several measures put in place to ensure that no airspace violations shall take place. For example, and this is a quote,

"Combat aircraft (includes fighter,reconnaissance, bomber, jet military trainer and armed helicopter aircraft) will not fly within 10 kms of each other's airspace."

Here are some other details:

If either side were to violate these agreements, the result would not be pretty - unlike European airspace violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom