What's new

Are Muslims Better Off in Quaid-e-Azam M.A. Jinnah's Pakistan Today?

its not only we Pakistanis says this any neutral person who hav visited both countries says the same......(with no offense)

I lived in 3 places where in the muslim population is high.... I would say they live equal life of any other religion..... (there may be exemptions)....There are places where in muslims are better off...But there is lot to do more to improve it... I cannot comment on pakistan living standards... atleast my fellow muslim brothers dont have to worry about a suicide jacket any day.....

But Sri Jinna was not worried about indians or indian muslims... lets discuss the subject in hand.... Are Muslims Better off in Quaid e Azam Jinnah's Pakistan???

*According to this, almost as many Muslims need "economic recovery" as Pakistan has humans.
I still don't understand why, even you, discussing the difference between conditions of Indian and Pakistani Muslims.

This may push other Indian to post Human rights or any US Think Tank report on Pakistani Muslims, on shias, ahemadis, Mohajir.

I still don't understand why, even you, discussing the difference between conditions of Indian and Pakistani Muslims.

This may push other Indian to post Human rights or any US Think Tank report on Pakistani Muslims, on shias, ahemadis, Mohajir.

Read OP again.

Thanks a lot to Sir MD Ali Jinnah for his best contribution to India and her peace by

1. giving indians a much needed respite fronm the so called central asian influences

2. giving indians the reason to think why we shount take hasty and emotional decisicions

3. giving every indian respite from the blood sucking nawabs and feudals

4.giving pakistanies and indians alike a feeling that we are not same people ;)

logo-data.png

Indian Muslims pose as Hindus to get jobs

Shaikh Azizur Rahman

Updated Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:39am AEDT

Wearing a burkha, 32-year-old Hasina Begum, shuffles along the platform of a railway station in Sonarpur, 30 kilometres south of the Indian city of Kolkata.She ducks into a toilet stall on the platform and remerges a few moments later, transformed in a sari with vermillion powder on her forehead, and red and white conch bangles on her wrists - the symbols of a traditional, married Hindu woman.Ms Begum is one of a number of India's 150 million Muslims who adopt Hindu identities to avoid discrimination in the workplace."For the the whole day I shall maintain this Hindu appearance. My name is Laxmi, you know it's also the name of the Hindu goddess," she says.

Fullscreen+capture+112013+60901+PM.jpg

"Before leaving home I took off my armband on which 'Allah' is embossed and put on whatever a Hindu woman usually wears. I live in a Muslim village. Villagers will feel bad to see me with the symbols of a Hindu woman."Ms Begum says she tried unsuccessfully to find a job for many years before deciding to hide her Muslim identity. Posing as a Hindu woman, she got her current job as an ayah (nursemaid) in a private hospital."Recently my hospital asked me to look for some girls to work there, but they asked me not to bring any Muslim candidate for the interview. If by chance they get to know that I am Muslim, I am sure I will be fired."

Secret recruitment policies

Muslims who adopt fake Hindu identities mostly work in menial jobs in sectors where identity documents are not usually sought.Barin Ghosh managed a domestic help and ayah supply agency in Kolkata until recently and says many recruitment agencies help Muslims find jobs by introducing them as Hindu."Almost 95 percent of the clients in my agency were Hindu and while seeking domestic helps, as much as 80 per centof the Hindu clients informed us that they would not employ any Muslims," Mr Ghosh says."Muslims being poorer, more than half of the jobseekers coming to our agency were from this minority community. Sometimes we introduced Muslim jobseekers as Hindus to our Hindu clients and they got the jobs. I am sure many placement agencies on mutual interest maintain such secret policies to help Muslims get jobs."

Anti-Muslim bias

Muslims make up 13 percent of India's population and are the country's largest minority.However, community leaders have long alleged that an anti-Muslim bias exists in different levels of society.In 2005, the government appointed the Sachar Commission to investigate suggestions that Muslims were disadvantaged in social, economic and educational terms.It concluded that the socioeconomic condition of most Muslims was worse than that of the dalits, or 'untouchables', the lowest of the Hindu castes.

Ayesha Pervez, a minority rights activist, says widespread workplace discrimination means Muslims are unable to upgrade their standard of living."It's not just in the unorganised sector where Muslim jobseekers face the hurdle of discrimination. Even in the government sector anti-Muslim discriminatory processes are thriving," she says."In West Bengal where Muslims constitute 27 percent of the population, their representation in government jobs is as low as four percent. Muslim participation is also extremely low in the private sector."

Muslims as untouchables

Fullscreen+capture+112013+61002+PM.jpg

According to Prasenjit Biswas, a professor of philosophy at the North Eastern Hill University in Meghalaya, many Hindus count Muslims as untouchables.He says that is at the root of the anti-Muslim discrimination in India."The anti-Muslim bias arises out of caste Hindu mindset of untouchability that considers Muslims as lesser than even the untouchables," he says."The specific reason in eastern India is the deep-seated fear that the proximity of Muslims in the interior household will not only pollute the household but would bring in bad omen."Prof Biswas says although discriminating against Muslims is illegal, it is almost impossible for those affected to provide proof."So, they are forced to bear with this repressive system- in many cases by disguising themselves as Hindus, in attempt to seek work and live as equals in the society."

Indian Muslims pose as Hindus to get jobs - Australia Network News - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Backtracking from your own source? Thought so.

Please stop trying to pull fast ones, I'm referring to the same UN source and it clearly shows pakistan's rate per capita of homicide is more than 100% higher than India's rate. I think you are finding that too hard to digest hence making meaningless statements.

Now lets see how Pakistani Muslims are faring

The latest released human development index report by United Nations shows Pakistan having sunk in ranking to join for the first time the least category of countries with low HDI. This index is one of the most important indexes measuring a country's development and progress.

HDI ranks countries as either having a very high HDI, high HDI, medium HDI or low HDI. Since when the index was invented by a Pakistani economist and his Indian partner economist, Pakistan has been in medium HDI category. But this year we have joined the lowest possible category thanks to our joker spending on health and education.

Right now Pakistan is ranked 145th behind Kenya, Iraq, Ghana, Bhutan, Cambodia and Congo.

It is really a shame. We are moving backwards while the world is moving forward.

The stats are really shameful.

Public spending on education is a meager 2.7%

Mean years of schooling: 4.9 years (adults 25 years and older)

Expected mean years of schooling: 6.9 years (for children under 7 years old)

Literacy rate: 55.5%

Current school enrollment: 42% (both sexes)

Population living under absolute poverty line of 1.25 PPP dollars (roughly Rs. 50) a day: 22.6%

Maternal mortality rate: 260 (Out of 100,000 pregnant mothers 260 die)

Under five year mortality rate: 87 (Out of every 1000 children 87 never see their fifth birthday)

Total expenditure on health: 0.8%

We can not brush these facts under the carpet anymore. We need to talk and raise awareness. Health and education budgets should be increased drastically. Developed countries spend as much as 20% of their GDP on health and education despite that most of their populace being already educated and healthy. We are spending less than 3.5% while tens of millions of our children are already out of school and our health indicators going kaboom.

logo-data.png

Indian Muslims pose as Hindus to get jobs

Shaikh Azizur Rahman

Updated Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:39am AEDT

Wearing a burkha, 32-year-old Hasina Begum, shuffles along the platform of a railway station in Sonarpur, 30 kilometres south of the Indian city of Kolkata.She ducks into a toilet stall on the platform and remerges a few moments later, transformed in a sari with vermillion powder on her forehead, and red and white conch bangles on her wrists - the symbols of a traditional, married Hindu woman.Ms Begum is one of a number of India's 150 million Muslims who adopt Hindu identities to avoid discrimination in the workplace."For the the whole day I shall maintain this Hindu appearance. My name is Laxmi, you know it's also the name of the Hindu goddess," she says.

"Before leaving home I took off my armband on which 'Allah' is embossed and put on whatever a Hindu woman usually wears. I live in a Muslim village. Villagers will feel bad to see me with the symbols of a Hindu woman."Ms Begum says she tried unsuccessfully to find a job for many years before deciding to hide her Muslim identity. Posing as a Hindu woman, she got her current job as an ayah (nursemaid) in a private hospital."Recently my hospital asked me to look for some girls to work there, but they asked me not to bring any Muslim candidate for the interview. If by chance they get to know that I am Muslim, I am sure I will be fired."

Secret recruitment policies

Muslims who adopt fake Hindu identities mostly work in menial jobs in sectors where identity documents are not usually sought.Barin Ghosh managed a domestic help and ayah supply agency in Kolkata until recently and says many recruitment agencies help Muslims find jobs by introducing them as Hindu."Almost 95 percent of the clients in my agency were Hindu and while seeking domestic helps, as much as 80 per centof the Hindu clients informed us that they would not employ any Muslims," Mr Ghosh says."Muslims being poorer, more than half of the jobseekers coming to our agency were from this minority community. Sometimes we introduced Muslim jobseekers as Hindus to our Hindu clients and they got the jobs. I am sure many placement agencies on mutual interest maintain such secret policies to help Muslims get jobs."

Anti-Muslim bias

Muslims make up 13 percent of India's population and are the country's largest minority.However, community leaders have long alleged that an anti-Muslim bias exists in different levels of society.In 2005, the government appointed the Sachar Commission to investigate suggestions that Muslims were disadvantaged in social, economic and educational terms.It concluded that the socioeconomic condition of most Muslims was worse than that of the dalits, or 'untouchables', the lowest of the Hindu castes.

Ayesha Pervez, a minority rights activist, says widespread workplace discrimination means Muslims are unable to upgrade their standard of living."It's not just in the unorganised sector where Muslim jobseekers face the hurdle of discrimination. Even in the government sector anti-Muslim discriminatory processes are thriving," she says."In West Bengal where Muslims constitute 27 percent of the population, their representation in government jobs is as low as four percent. Muslim participation is also extremely low in the private sector."

Muslims as untouchables

Fullscreen+capture+112013+61002+PM.jpg

According to Prasenjit Biswas, a professor of philosophy at the North Eastern Hill University in Meghalaya, many Hindus count Muslims as untouchables.He says that is at the root of the anti-Muslim discrimination in India."The anti-Muslim bias arises out of caste Hindu mindset of untouchability that considers Muslims as lesser than even the untouchables," he says."The specific reason in eastern India is the deep-seated fear that the proximity of Muslims in the interior household will not only pollute the household but would bring in bad omen."Prof Biswas says although discriminating against Muslims is illegal, it is almost impossible for those affected to provide proof."So, they are forced to bear with this repressive system- in many cases by disguising themselves as Hindus, in attempt to seek work and live as equals in the society."

Indian Muslims pose as Hindus to get jobs - Australia Network News - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Mods sirji with all deu respect take a look here aswell please dont mind as your going off topik too buddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stop trying to pull fast ones, I'm referring to the same UN source and it clearly shows pakistan's rate per capita of homicide is more than 100% higher than India's rate. I think you are finding that too hard to digest hence making meaningless statements.

That source clearly shows how Indian homicide rate is 3 places higher than Pakistan. Find a better source !

*According to this, almost as many Muslims need "economic recovery" as Pakistan has humans.

What you have made here is not an accurate statement. Sachar committee mentions that only the OBC Muslims need economic and socio recovery while the committee could not accurately say what is their percentage. So you can't assume the entire Muslim community needs recovery. For example, in Tamilnadu Muslim literacy rate is much higher than many Hindu backward communities - it is around 82%

That source clearly shows how Indian homicide rate is 3 places higher than Pakistan. Find a better source !

Ha ha, yes, you are right, 3.4 homicides rate of india is three places higher than 7.9 homicide rate of Pakistan. I completely agree with you. Congratulations on your victory.

Read OP again.
That's the whole point the OP contains comparison while title says otherwise.

It isn't clear. But what the hell, if we are ging to discuss same comparisons over an over again, then fine.

I thought more important will be what Jinnah thought Pakistan to become and what it is today. Also, the comparison of conditions of Muslims in Pakistan in region of Pakistan pre-1947 and past 1947.

Back
Top Bottom