What's new

Are Muslims Better Off in Quaid-e-Azam M.A. Jinnah's Pakistan Today?

Here's Indian Bollywood star Sharukh Khan on discrimination he has suffered in India:

In an emotive first-person article titled 'Being Khan' featured in Outlook Turning Points magazine, the actor said he feels he has been used by political leaders as a "symbol of what is wrong about Muslims in India".

Shah Rukh Khan on the cover of Outlook Turning Points magazine

"I sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India," explained the 47-year-old actor.

"There have been occasions when I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country - this even though I am an Indian, whose father fought for the freedom of India. Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return to what they refer to as my original homeland."

The star said he was prompted to make the film My Name is Khan "to prove a point" after being repeatedly detained in US airports because of his last name.

The political drama sees Khan playing a man with Asperger's syndrome who is mistaken for a terrorist while traveling in the USA.

Shah Rukh Khan has described what it means to be a Muslim post-9/11.

In an emotive first-person article titled 'Being Khan' featured in Outlook Turning Points magazine, the actor said he feels he has been used by political leaders as a "symbol of what is wrong about Muslims in India".

Shah Rukh Khan on the cover of Outlook Turning Points magazine

"I sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India," explained the 47-year-old actor.

"There have been occasions when I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country - this even though I am an Indian, whose father fought for the freedom of India. Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return to what they refer to as my original homeland."

The star said he was prompted to make the film My Name is Khan "to prove a point" after being repeatedly detained in US airports because of his last name.

The political drama sees Khan playing a man with Asperger's syndrome who is mistaken for a terrorist while traveling in the USA.

"Ironically, I was interrogated at the airport for hours about my last name when I was going to promote the film in America for the first time," he said

Khan, whose wife Gauri is a Hindu, said he chose his children's names Aryan and Suhana in the hope they would not be subjected to the same levels of suspicion in the future.

"I gave my son and daughter names that could pass for generic (pan-India and pan-religious) ones - Aryan and Suhana. The Khan has been bequeathed by me so they can't really escape it," he wrote.

"I pronounce it with my epiglottis when asked by Muslims and throw the Aryan as evidence of their race when non-Muslims enquire. I imagine this will prevent my offspring from receiving unwarranted eviction orders or random fatwas in the future."

Shah Rukh Khan talks life as a Muslim post 9/11 - Bollywood News - Digital Spy

Lolzz what a ThreaD :cheesy:

Are Muslims Better Off in Quaid-e-Azam M.A. Jinnah's Pakistan Today?

Well The Answer is Big No

Have to agree - As a matter of fact, today's Pakistan is something that those who admire and believe in M. A. Jinnah's vision of a progressive polity, see as a betrayal, a nightmare, and as a battle cry to avenge the betrayal.

Have to agree - As a matter of fact, today's Pakistan is something that those who admire and believe in M. A. Jinnah's vision of a progressive polity, see as a betrayal, a nightmare, and as a battle cry to avenge the betrayal.

A mature reply to a troll reply . Respect :)

NY Times editorial: Religious Intolerance in India

Hope is in danger of crumbling that Prime Minister Narendra Modi would rein in the divisive agenda of his militant Hindu-nationalist supporters and allow India to concentrate on the important work of economic reform, and the blame lies squarely with Mr. Modi.

During the last days of its winter session ending on Tuesday, Parliament was unable to deal with important legislative business because of repeated adjournments and an uproar over attempts by Hindu groups to convert Christians and Muslims. The issue has come to a head following a “homecoming” campaign by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad — groups dedicated to transforming India’s secular democracy into a Hindu state — to “reconvert” Christians and Muslims to Hinduism.

In recent weeks, Hindu militants have engineered conversions of Muslims and Christians in Agra and in the states of Gujarat and Kerala. Police are investigating accusations that people have been induced to participate in mass conversion meetings by a combination of intimidation and bribery, including the promise of food ration cards. Attacks on Christians and their places of worship have intensified in recent weeks. One of New Delhi’s biggest churches burned down on Dec. 1 — arson is being blamed — and Christmas carolers were attacked on their way home in the city of Hyderabad on Dec. 12.

More than 80 percent of Indians are Hindus, but Muslims, Christians and Sikhs form important religious minorities with centuries of history in India. Religious pluralism and freedom are protected by India’s Constitution. The issue of religious conversion is contentious in India. Many Dalits, known formerly as untouchables, and other low-caste Hindus and Tribals admit they convert to Islam or Christianity primarily to escape crushing caste prejudice and oppression. The main architect of the Constitution, Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, born a Dalit, famously converted to Buddhism to escape caste-oppression under Hinduism.

As opposition political leaders are demanding, Mr. Modi must break his silence and issue a stern warning to emboldened Hindu militants before their actions turn further progress on economic reform into a sideshow, with the politics and divisiveness occupying center stage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/26/opinion/religious-intolerance-in-india.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

What Jinnah's Pakistan? Jinnah's Pakistan died with him, helped along by his fellow comrade in arms by passing the objective resolution.
All i can say is Majority is authority you must respect the 97% will of the people of Pakistan and you should accept it and try to live with it.

While I agree with overall jist of your post.

But there is a HUGE fallacy (red font).

Hindus and Sikhs were dominating business and banking. But they were not controlling ALL the fertile lands of Punjab.

Muslims were the ones who dominated farming (with few spots for Sikh villages).

Partition impacted mostly one state in the whole of British India. And that state was Punjab.

Before partition
-- East Punjab (Indian side) had 55-65% Muslim Punjabis. (depending on city/village)
-- West Punjab (Pak side) had 35-45% non-Muslim Punjabis (depending on city/village)

After partition
--- Indian Punjab had 0% Muslim punjabis (totally annihilated by Indian mobs)
-- Pak Punjab had 0% non-Muslim punjabis (totally annihilated by Pak mobs)
--- few exceptions were tiny Muslim population in Malir kotla, and tiny sikh population around holy shrines such as: Nankana sahib and Punja sahib

nowhere else in India or Pak, the ethnic cleansing was so absolute so comprehensive. Around 1947 there were few riots and some uprooting around Delhi area and tiny bit in Kolkatta etc.

Muslims lost all the lands in E. Punjab that they dominated.
Hindus lost all the businesses in Lahore, Pindi that they dominated.

Muslims in pre-147 Punjab also dominated Police and army based on their sheer majority in the province. while Hindus dominated urban bureaucracy in Lahore (judges, city government etc)

And my dear poster, your post doesn't provide accurate description.

After Pakistan, Muslims gained 100 percent share of urban jobs in Lahore,
But at the same time they lost 100 percent of their lands in E. Pakistan.

peace

It was not a tiny bit in Bengal. Bengal was not affected ? Only Punjab was ? Ha ha...that's truely laughable.

All i can say is Majority is authority you must respect the 97% will of the people of Pakistan and you should accept it and try to live with it.

We see how well that worked out for the jews, or the rohingyas, or the Muslims of Gujarat. :coffee:

It was not a tiny bit in Bengal. Bengal was not affected ? Only Punjab was ? Ha ha...that's truely laughable.

does it take 2 years for you to respond.

Boy, that's a life long research for you, and the result?

one little itsy bitsy sentence.

Khoda pahar and nikla chooha.

does it take 2 years for you to respond.

Boy, that's a life long research for you, and the result?

one little itsy bitsy sentence.

Khoda pahar and nikla chooha.

2 year thread...I didn't see that. Anyway as a bong who has lived with people who directly saw how things were, I just felt obliged to point it out.

Anyway, garey murde kyun phaltu mein ukharein ?

2 year thread...I didn't see that. Anyway as a bong who has lived with people who directly saw how things were, I just felt obliged to point it out.

Anyway, garey murde kyun phaltu mein ukharein ?

how about

garey gohray (horses) kyun phaltu mein ukharein ?

hahahah

just remember,
people who "were there" in 1947 should be interviewed then researched in a scientific manner. Otherwise it will remain one off eye-witness account, that may give you a very small window into very complex drop scene.

happy postings.

but please next time

do not wait for 2 years

OK mate

Have a wonderful new year

how about

garey gohray (horses) kyun phaltu mein ukharein ?

hahahah

just remember,
people who "were there" in 1947 should be interviewed then researched in a scientific manner. Otherwise it will remain one off eye-witness account, that may give you a very small window into very complex drop scene.

happy postings.

but please next time

do not wait for 2 years

OK mate

Have a wonderful new year

You too.

It's the parting gift of the British.

Forget this shit...they have had a sad life compared to now. The ones alive now should learn lnternet and enjoy tomorrow.

Dear Riaz Haque... you are 1000x better than the various TT and Mods on this forum, but obviously you are non aligned entity... hence regularly disrespected, trolled and ridiculed.
Comments on your all of your past threads are evidence of it.
I appreciate your effort and dedication, and rate you as first class poster on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom