What's new

Are India's Railway engines indigenous?

@kurup @gslv mk3 @chak de INDIA@TimeToScoot@DRAY@JARVIS@he-man

Friends here are some diagrams to understand the various loco classes being used in India. All these are drawn by me and i'll post more if you ask for.
Further you can get more info from this facebook link

WAP 1.png
WAP 3.png
WAP 5.png
WAP 6.png
WAP 7.png
WAP 5.png
WAP 4.png

Friends here are some diagrams to understand the various loco classes being used in India. All these are drawn by me and i'll post more if you ask for.

Amazingg !!!!! Keep up the good work bro .

Smiley-big_super.gif

@anant_s good work bro.

Why do BHEL manufactured WAG 6 have a different bodyshell?

BHEL_Loco.jpg

For the starters that loco is WAG 7 class loco (5,000 HP, HS 15250 DC motored, Co-Coie 6 axle running on 25 kV AC) loco.
As of now WAG 7 is the most manufactured electric loco in the history of IR & the reason behind it is that it is one of the most rugged loco designed entirely by RDSO. As i write this there are about 1,800 locos of this class.
Now your question for body-shell. These locos are manufactured by both CLW and BHEL. after road number 28000 onwards, RDSO revised the body-shell and made it common with shell of another loco WAP 4 (a pure passenger class loco having specifications similar to WAG 7). This was done to save on having 2 different type of inventories for seemingly similar locos. Concurrently a contract was given to BHEL to manufacture WAG 7 locos (road number 24501 to 24700) which were made in aerodynamic shell as shown in above pic.
It would be interesting to note here that CLW will in about 3-4 years from now stop manufacturing convectional tap changing locos and only manufacture IGBT based 3 phase AC locos and BHEL will manufacture tap changer locos. Here is something interesting you may like :cheers:

Do we have any plans to manufacture more cooler & better looking Locos

I think they look good, don't they :-)
anyway for the upcoming Dedicated freight Corridor there are plans to manufacture 12,000 HP (Bo-Bo+Bo-Bo, 16 axles twin unit locos) based on Siemens Eurosprinter or Bombardier's TRAXX class. they will be a welcome addition, i'm sure.

Hi,

Althought I haven't gone through the all pages of this thread but like to bring ayyention tht current popular WDP 4 and WDG 4 monsters are althought manufactured in India but the technology is transfered by GE USA.

Last i had heard about Russian Gas turbine based locos coming to India for trials , But never heard any they're after , is IR still serious about inducting Gas turbine based locos ?? . When this Idea was conceived Natural Gas prices were low , but now they are slightly below Diesel Prices , hope they have not changed their minds now ?

Back
Top Bottom