What's new

Are India's Railway engines indigenous?

Nice to see you after long time ....
Best wishes for your entrance exam ...!
thanks man
no time nowadays

has been 3 months almost without movietor tv or even pdf but once a nationalist always a nationalist

thanks man
no time nowadays

has been 3 months almost without movietor tv or even pdf but once a nationalist always a nationalist

Your hard work will bear fruit .
I hope you will get good seat of your choice after entrance ...

Missed you when discussions over Rafale were raging ....

@he-man Best of luck for your exams! :cry: Kaka mainu defence vare kakh nahi pata. Hence, won't reply to your post. :cray:

Your hard work will bear fruit .
I hope you will get good seat of your choice after entrance ...

Missed you when discussions over Rafale were raging ....
ya man I miss it too

especially now has been horrible time for the forces,one accident after next

I told ppl last year too that our policies suck.
we haven't even retired the bisons yet!
what a joke and scorpenes are in same limbo status for years!

dammit my bp is going up

@he-man yaar kaha mar gaya tha itne dino tak? Kaisa hai?

bhai exam preparation chal raha hai
most probably november end tak exam hoga and hopefully I will be regular here again

dekh raha hoon ppl are attacking me calling troll or pak agent .

bataunga sabko what I am

bhai exam preparation chal raha hai
most probably november end tak exam hoga and hopefully I will be regular here again

dekh raha hoon ppl are attacking me calling troll or pak agent .

bataunga sabko what I am
Lols. Sure buddy. Anyway all the best for exams.

Any updates on Bhim Engine??
WDG 5 as per my info is still under RDSO trials. The loco is essentially SD80MAC and hence should be successful. however as of now we will keep on seeing 4,500 HP versions of WDG 4 and WDP 4Ds only.

ami201289-1360605963459.jpg

wdg5_2.jpg

Last edited:
Out of this long list of locomotives manufactured in India, one uses a Hitachi traction motor and another one was imported from Switzerland, hence, we don't have ingenious locomotives. Height of skepticism!!
Locomotives of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That actually is the trend through out the world. As far as electric locos are concerned two giants Siemens and Alsthom are the ones who have developed next generation machines and these owing to the fact that they have quite a bit of flexibility in terms of adaptation to supply voltages (OHE), track gauges and compliance to safety norms set by UIC are being used in majority of countries. Similarly for diesel locos EMD is ruling the loco market. Most countries sign some kind of ToT and adapt the loco suiting to their need.
IMHO thats not an issue as it saves a lot of R&D costs whereas keeping your own production industry (CLW, DLW, BHEL etc) occupied with production.

Back
Top Bottom