What's new

Are India's Railway engines indigenous?

An earlier poster tells me Bullet train technology isn't complex and India can develop it in 1-2 years. But we can't develop traction motors for WAP-4 and WAP-5 which was developed decades ago abroad?

Oke Technology to develop bullet train is available... but do we have the industry to supply that??No... do we have the capabilities to set up and implement as easily and within limited time like the readily available meals??No.. This is the reason we havent invested on the same and we are going for a foreign investment .... the way we did with electric engines which BHEL has pioneered

Dude we dont have enough money to fund for the Kaveri and other critical projects and you are talking to fund Bullet train technology which we wont use for atleast 20 years??

We are already doing that,Making a nuclear reactor,aircraft carrier and ssubmarines is not child's play and are very critical techs.Only 5 or 6 nations can do that on earth.We are investing in all critical areas

And bullet train tech is not some critical tech lmao.It will take only 1 0r 2 year to devlop this thing.
It is a simple tech which is not economically feasible in a country like India.In other words common man in India cant afford this.

You do know that building this rails generate jobs. India doesn't need to be super rich, just like China, just a portion would be able to maintain a ok operating revenue.

This thing could bring massive jobs, building labor, engineers, maintenance crew, cleaning, and other staff, you might be looking at half a million jobs, if not more.

You might not build as much, but Mumbai to Delhi is good start, that's a lot of jobs. You won't say not a lot of people want to go Mumbai to Delhi are you.

Besides, one of the main reasons for this rail is to free up space on slower rails for freight trains to increase production efficiency.

Also you got to take the future into account India is already democratic, it's going to be super difficult to move people away, then there is the environmental damage thing. If you wait till your per capita is about 6000, you are not building it period. Cause you can't afford to piss off that many people.

You might not build as much, but Mumbai to Delhi is good start, that's a lot of jobs. You won't say not a lot of people want to go Mumbai to Delhi are you.

Good post mate,but I don't think they are going to build Mumbai-Delhi HSR.The present route is getting upgraded,though to semi HSR standards- operational speed of 200 kmph.

@jarves

Thanks. I've gone though that link before. The Chinese began their microprocessor program 12 years ago and by 2020 they'll be able to compete with the likes of Intel and AMD. India on the other hand stands nowhere in comparison. Something to be really ashamed of.

@jarves

Thanks. I've gone though that link before. The Chinese began their microprocessor program 12 years ago and by 2020 they'll be able to compete with the likes of Intel and AMD. India on the other hand stands nowhere in comparison. Something to be really ashamed of.
Yeah we are behind China and we are late also but these investments will help us in tapping valuable foreign reserves.
We are also working on a microprocessor project lets wait and see what happens.

We are also working on a microprocessor project lets wait and see what happens.

Are you talking about Zerone Corporation? If yes, I don't think work has begun on the project yet.

Are you talking about Zerone Corporation? If yes, I don't think work has begun on the project yet.
Yeah i was talking about that project.
Offtopic posts are not allowed,lets not further derail the topic.

Can you give me links for this???

The speed is only about 33 MHz (Google 'anupama microprocessor')
I had the privilege of checking one out at defexpo.
DSC07226.JPG

Back
Top Bottom