What's new

Are India's Railway engines indigenous?

I did check your post #26. Just goes to prove my point. We manufacture indigenously but critical technology is outsourced from abroad. And bullet train technology is apparently not very complex for some folks!

It's getting quite clear who the trolls really are. It's one thing to be patriotic but another to live in fools paradise.

We used to outsource from abroad but now we manufacture it here in India.

You don't get it, do you? We manufacture it here in India but the technology (90's) is NOT Indian.

There is nothing called 100% indigenous.

So, then Sukhoi is also indigenous by your logic. After all, we've replaced some components like avionics with Indian ones.

Now stop being a buffoon by defending the indefensible.

I did check your post #26. Just goes to prove my point. We manufacture indigenously but critical technology is outsourced from abroad. And bullet train technology is apparently not very complex for some folks!

It's getting quite clear who the trolls really are. It's one thing to be patriotic but another to live in fools paradise.

Kirloskar is already developing them

You don't get it, do you? We manufacture it here in India but the technology (90's) is NOT Indian.

Chinese HSR trainsets use Mitsubishi/Hitachi traction motor technology too.So?

So, then Sukhoi is also indigenous by your logic. After all, we've replaced some components like avionics with Indian ones.

Now stop being a buffoon by defending the indefensible.

It can be considered as Indigenous made

Let's face it: we suck at indigenous manufacture of strategic platforms. Railways is a strategic area and we are miles behind what our contemporary nations are doing.

Kirloskar is already developing them

Still developing 80-90's technology. So the answer to my original question is 'No. We don't have indigenous engines in our railways'

And the buffoon who called me a troll for no reason, please be rest assured that Bullet Train Technology is extremely complex technology. It will take us 6-10 years (only development without testing) to make the technology from scratch.

Let's face it: we suck at indigenous manufacture of strategic platforms. Railways is a strategic area and we are miles behind what our contemporary nations are doing.

We seem to be miles behind is almost every sector. Smaller nations like South Korea (half the size of Gujarat) are making tremendous progress. I'm wondering if our PSU's are to blame for this. Surely privatizing them can solve the problem.

Still developing 80-90's technology. So the answer to my original question is 'No. We don't have indigenous engines in our railways'

How do you know its 90's technology?The indigenous engine's for our locomotives?16 cylinder engine used is Indian developed one

They are not indigenous. Most are licensed copies or directly imported.

WAP-4 has Hitachi traction motors from Japan.

There are many other examples.

They are not indigenous. Most are licensed copies or directly imported.

WAP-4 has Hitachi traction motors from Japan.

There are many other examples.

What about Mitsubishi/Hitachi Traction motors on your HSR train sets?

Back
Top Bottom