What's new

Are Indians in denial?

I am sorry you had to experience this. But on the otherside, I have seen foreigners roaming in streets not just in Mumbai or Calcutta, even in suburban areas completely unnoticed by people.

This is why I said, please do not generalize. Just judging India from your own or some scattered experiences may not give you the true picture of this country.

Buddy he is not worth it. He is a full time troll. Extrapolating the minority to whole identity is his favourite past time....it is driven by certain realities he sees all around him of Indians and Chinese succeeding in Australia.

What happened to your loved one is without any doubt, unfortunate. What happened in Delhi is unspeakable. Do you believe any sane mind would deny these? But, I have problem with your gross generalisation. Not everyone visiting this country is getting molested or raped. It is a massive country with unimaginable population with diversified Socio-economic backgrounds.

Tell you one thing in short. This country over the past 30 years have gone through a continental shift in economy and it had an wide range of effects on the existing societies. Our cities have changed alongwith huge population shift from rural/semi rural areas to those cities. Not to ignore the fact that through mushrooming of cable tv and internet networks, urbanized style have penetrated rural/semi urban India more than ever. There has to be some consequences. It takes time to settle down when you put different cultures into a hot cauldron suddenly. Not to mention we have thousands of print as well as electronic media waiting like a hungry dog to sensationlize anything that happens without much caring for verification.

Rape is one of the many problems in India as of now, but along with it came a much bigger challenge ; the way it is being projected to the world. I think that is the reason you will find the denial or defensive tone here.
You are taking his troll post seriously.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom